The Grilling & Smoking Thread

Hey you guys just make me jealous, never been a grill chef and never smoked anything! I get so hungry looking at your pictures! 
That being said I’m only “Only One Guy” (sorry I digress, one of my favorite movie lines from the last Riddick movie)

Anyway, it doesn’t make much sense for me to fire everything up for one Brat!image.thumb.jpeg.4c3b43a552c540183780e18b0da5f507.jpeg

Still this pan grilled Reuben Brat turned out pretty darned good!

• Like 3

So, when we got home this morning, my wife said, "so, you wanna barbeque some chicken breasts tonight?"

Brined it for 4 hours. Rubbed it up with The Dominant One and cooked em to an internal 165. Mix of Corky's regular and hot sauces. Served with slaw and sweet corn. They were pretty good, plus I have 3 leftover. I know what lunch will be the next 3 days...

IMG_20200704_203108.jpg

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So, when we got home this morning, my wife said, "so, you wanna barbeque some chicken breasts tonight?"

Brined it for 4 hours. Rubbed it up with The Dominant One and cooked em to an internal 165. Mix of Corky's regular and hot sauces. Served with slaw and sweet corn. They were pretty good, plus I have 3 leftover. I know what lunch will be the next 3 days...

IMG_20200704_203108.jpg

Let's go!!!! Love it. 

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Anybody grilling/smoking this weekend? I just put on a 3lb chuck roast about an hour ago.

My son is doing his pineapple ribs on the charcoal grill for us tonight.  Fantastic.  Wish I could share his receipe.  But it is all in his head.

• Like 2

We’re having our “big” cookout today. With everything going on it is a smaller version. 

I have a pork shoulder and pork chops on. Did some sausage, burgers, and hot dogs earlier. Wings are coming soon. 

414DB439-8825-4D8F-B0E4-C11A8D069CF4.jpeg

Edited by BeerBQ
Added picture
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Anybody grilling/smoking this weekend? I just put on a 3lb chuck roast about an hour ago.

How are you going to serve that? Sliced? Chunked? Shredded for BBQ?

Interested on how it comes out...

Edited by IUFLA

40 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

We’re having our “big” cookout today. With everything going on it is a smaller version. 

I have a pork shoulder and pork chops on. Did some sausage, burgers, and hot dogs earlier. Wings are coming soon. 

Yeah...I could not keep all that straight in my head ha....good luck and let us know how it turns out!

8 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah...I could not keep all that straight in my head ha....good luck and let us know how it turns out!

You kind of get in a zone when you start each grill one at a time. I have 3 going at a time where 1 won’t change all day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think I settled on shredded for beef sandwiches...I talked the wife into making fresh bread to make sammies on....Just put some corn on the cob on as well...

Smoked chuck is great on its own. I can’t imagine it with homemade bread. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Hey Mile...how did your turkey come out on the fourth?

Thanks for asking.  It turned out great.  11 people over. Including Wafflehead Fred from HSN.   It was a big turkey.  And not much left for leftovers.

Wafflehead Fred, had his mom and step dad join us.  They live outside of Fort Wayne, Indiana.  And are terrific. people.  Enjoyed their company so much... that we gave them an open invitation to visit any time.

And... WF brought me a new supply of his great BBQ sauce. 

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

You are the "boss" when it comes to grilling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for asking.  It turned out great.  11 people over. Including Wafflehead Fred from HSN.   It was a big turkey.  And not much left for leftovers.

Wafflehead Fred, had his mom and step dad join us.  They live outside of Fort Wayne, Indiana.  And are terrific. people.  Enjoyed their company so much... that we gave them an open invitation to visit any time.

And... WF brought me a new supply of his great BBQ sauce. 

I like trying out new BBQ sauces...sounds great. Glad it turned out well!

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I like trying out new BBQ sauces...sounds great. Glad it turned out well!

Wafflehead Fred has lost his job during this pandemic.  And is concentrating on building his BBQ sauce into a part or full time business.  If would like, I can give you his phone number, so that if you would like, you could order some from him.