The Grilling & Smoking Thread

1 minute ago, rico said:

Perch and Walleye are my favs.  A walleye fillet can be grilled.  But yeah, fresh water fish are meant for the fryer.

I went fishing Wednesday night at Pappas Seafood...caught a Costa Rican mahi...it had scallops, shrimp, and an Alexander sauce attached to it...

😉

• Haha 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

How'd you cook the scallops?

I usually pan sear them...

let them sit in some olive oil, with lemon juice, and minced garlic for an hour... then I grilled them. I will sear them from now on...they were good though. 

I think we a pound of them?... The lady and I had like 5 a piece, probably a 14oz ribeye, and tater tot casserole with cream cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. Solid meal. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

let them sit in some olive oil, with lemon juice, and minced garlic for an hour... then I grilled them. I will sear them from now on...they were good though. 

I think we a pound of them?... The lady and I had like 5 a piece, probably a 14oz ribeye, and tater tot casserole with cream cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. Solid meal. 

I'd say!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Smoked an Easter ham this AM on my Masterbuilt electric smoker. I've smoked ham on a Weber charcoal grill and they've been great, but this one was even better. Very moist.

Smoked at 250 degrees until an internal temp of 140 (ham was already smoked, so this was double-smoking). Used apple wood chips for first two hours and then stopped the smoke. Ham was only 6 pounds and was done in 3 hours.

Put water, apple cider vinegar and pineapple juice in the drip pan and basted ham with drippings every hour. When internal temp was 130, glazed with a pre-mixed packet of ham glaze to which I added some honey. Continued to heat to 140.

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Smoked an Easter ham this AM on my Masterbuilt electric smoker. I've smoked ham on a Weber charcoal grill and they've been great, but this one was even better. Very moist.

Smoked at 250 degrees until an internal temp of 140 (ham was already smoked, so this was double-smoking). Used apple wood chips for first two hours and then stopped the smoke. Ham was only 6 pounds and was done in 3 hours.

Put water, apple cider vinegar and pineapple juice in the drip pan and basted ham with drippings every hour. When internal temp was 130, glazed with a pre-mixed packet of ham glaze to which I added some honey. Continued to heat to 140.

I have a whole bone-in turkey breast on my Dyna-Glo right now. Going for 165 degrees internal temp. Using a mix of apple and cherry wood.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Electric. I had a Master built electric for about 5 years, and it gave up the ghost on the day before Thanksgiving. My wife bought this one for me for Christmas.

First use...PXL_20210404_185828679_MP.thumb.jpg.dec6b474022307140015a98692ef0099.jpg

That looks sweet. Best part of the electrics is being able to just set a temp and they maintain a constant level. Enjoy the turkey!

• Like 1