Jump to content

The Grilling & Smoking Thread


JaybobHoosier
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

This salmon talk reminds me I need to go get some Copper River Salmon this coming week. 

Mile used to talk about Copper River salmon...miss that guy...

Costco occasionally has it at a pretty good price...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Mile used to talk about Copper River salmon...miss that guy...

Costco occasionally has it at a pretty good price...

One cooking method Ive used the last few times, put salmon on an oiled sheet pan and put in cold oven.  Then insert meat thermometer.   Turn oven to 400.  Takes about 10-15 minutes in mine.  I roast a couple lemon halves with it to squeeze over the top.  As much as I like the grill, this method is so easy and foolproof.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some brisket and pig shots. That’s sausage wrapped in bacon filled with cream cheese with a peach habanero glaze. 
Ive read about smoking cream cheese so I gave that a try, too. Waiting to see how it tastes. 

1B696905-1B58-4A2B-8D6C-C03353097CC9.jpeg

F5916250-96BC-4DFA-B351-BD1112A8AD66.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 4:41 PM, BeerBQ said:

Some brisket and pig shots. That’s sausage wrapped in bacon filled with cream cheese with a peach habanero glaze. 
Ive read about smoking cream cheese so I gave that a try, too. Waiting to see how it tastes. 

1B696905-1B58-4A2B-8D6C-C03353097CC9.jpeg

F5916250-96BC-4DFA-B351-BD1112A8AD66.jpeg

I’ve smoked a pork loin stuffed with cream cheese and red peppers, then wrapped in bacon and glazed with red Chile honey. It was deliciously satisfying as seeing the look on a Purdue coed’s face when the buffet is closed. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I’ve smoked a pork loin stuffed with cream cheese and red peppers, then wrapped in bacon and glazed with red Chile honey. It was deliciously satisfying as seeing the look on a Purdue coed’s face when the buffet is closed. 

That sounds fantastic. What kind of red peppers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That looks great...boneless?

What did you use for the brine and season it with?

Yes, boneless.

Water

Kosher salt

Thyme 

Oregano

Basil

Fennell

Garlic

Sugar

Brought it to a boil then let it cool down to room temperature. Chicken marinated in it for about 2 hours 

Cooked on 425 degree grill for about 11-12 minutes then wrapped in foil off the grill another 10

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 5:54 PM, IUFLA said:

Mile used to talk about Copper River salmon...miss that guy...

Costco occasionally has it at a pretty good price...

Mile was also adamant about warning people against using the standard wire grill brushes. They can be dangerous when the wires come off. A safer option is to use a ball of foil. 
 

He posted it about every summer and he’s absolutely correct. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...