Beer/Alcohol Thread

On 5/24/2020 at 5:51 PM, JaybobHoosier said:

Just had a short storm roll through, as it was starting to come through I may have been sitting outside drinking one of my favorite beers, Goose Island 312. Love watching storms roll in.

Coincidentally, 312 was what I was drinking this weekend! 

20200526_080314.jpg

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

Not sure if its been posted, but Zwanzigzs in Columbus has had their growlers have price for a while now. 

They have excellent beer and amazing pizza. My favorite beer is their Honey Wheat, like a less fruity Shocktop or Blue Moon, very good. 

Others- Peanut Butter (2nd fav), Blueberry, Chocolate, Gose(called Endless Summer gfs favorite), a Scotch Ale that my mom loves. 

They have 15 other beers, as well. I usually go and buy one for me and my gf and after tip its $14. 14 bucks for 8 pints of craft beer, you just can't beat that. 

http://www.zwanzigz.com/our-brewery/

On a day last month I was there buying a growler and a guy from Noblesville was buy 9 growlers lol

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, btownqb said:

Not sure if its been posted, but Zwanzigzs in Columbus has had their growlers have price for a while now. 

They have excellent beer and amazing pizza. My favorite beer is their Honey Wheat, like a less fruity Shocktop or Blue Moon, very good. 

Others- Peanut Butter (2nd fav), Blueberry, Chocolate, Gose(called Endless Summer gfs favorite), a Scotch Ale that my mom loves. 

They have 15 other beers, as well. I usually go and buy one for me and my gf and after tip its $14. 14 bucks for 8 pints of craft beer, you just can't beat that. 

http://www.zwanzigz.com/our-brewery/

On a day last month I was there buying a growler and a guy from Noblesville was buy 9 growlers lol

We fill a couple growlers each fathers day there for my father in law.  Love the pizza but like 450 North just a little more

On 5/28/2020 at 9:21 AM, Billingsley99 said:

We fill a couple growlers each fathers day there for my father in law.  Love the pizza but like 450 North just a little more

Can't agree with ya there. 450 North is incredibly nice though, new building is immaculate.  

Edited by btownqb

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Can't agree with yeah there. 450 North is incredibly nice though, new building is immaculate.  

let me specify here. For most items its like splitting hairs to our family but I like 450's Cheeseburger Pizza better. Since I am not a drinker I can't compare the beers.  The BBQ pizza Zwanzigz is much better than 450.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

let me specify here. For most items its like splitting hairs to our family but I like 450's Cheeseburger Pizza better. Since I am not a drinker I can't compare the beers.  The BBQ pizza Zwanzigz is much better than 450.

Makes sense. Both have their own style, pretty cool to have them both! 

The alcoholic slushies that 450 are legit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Not really a fan of Gose or sours, but I love Founder’s Mas Agave which is a gose aged in tequila barrels. Yesterday I grabbed their Mas Agave with Grapefruit and it was even better. Definitely recommended. 

Zwanzigzs is coming out with one like that very soon. My gf is very excited. 

50 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Not really a fan of Gose or sours, but I love Founder’s Mas Agave which is a gose aged in tequila barrels. Yesterday I grabbed their Mas Agave with Grapefruit and it was even better. Definitely recommended. 

I like Bells Oarsman. I don’t usually like sours either, but it is just tart enough to enjoy in the summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, tdhoosier said:

Valpo. It’s quite a drive. Haha

Good little haul 🙈🙈... as odd as this sounds, I'm going to go to the Museum of Science and Industry as soon as it and Navy Pier are open. 

I would bring you a growler. 

Edited by btownqb

Be prepared to spend at least half a day in there. Been to the aquarium, museum of natural history, and science and industry. I had to go up there 3 times just to go to them all.  

Still want to go the the Pritzker military museum but every frickin time I've tried they were closed for one reason or another.