Beer/Alcohol Thread

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Good little haul 🙈🙈... as odd as this sounds, I'm going to go to the Museum of Science and Industry as soon as it and Navy Pier are open. 

I would bring you a growler. 

Thanks, but we have some friends in Greenwood. I told them next time we visit we’re going to 450 North. I’ll get there eventually. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

Good little haul 🙈🙈... as odd as this sounds, I'm going to go to the Museum of Science and Industry as soon as it and Navy Pier are open. 

I would bring you a growler. 

Can I put in an order? :cheers:

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Be prepared to spend at least half a day in there. Been to the aquarium, museum of natural history, and science and industry. I had to go up there 3 times just to go to them all.  

Still want to go the the Pritzker military museum but every frickin time I've tried they were closed for one reason or another. 

Cantigny, out in Wheaton, has a neat military museum in addition to their gardens and golf course. A couple hours is enough to see most stuff there. Was formerly the estate of the McCormicks. 

https://cantigny.org/plan-your-visit/museums/first-division-museum/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Be prepared to spend at least half a day in there. Been to the aquarium, museum of natural history, and science and industry. I had to go up there 3 times just to go to them all.  

Still want to go the the Pritzker military museum but every frickin time I've tried they were closed for one reason or another. 

I've been to both before but my gf hasn't. Suppose to go the weekend IU played NW in baseball.  

• 1 month later...

@tdhoosier love the old school label on that bourbon.

Anyone here into sours or fruity beer? I've always been a IPA or lager guy, but there is a local brewery here in MD that specializes in sours. I like the cans b/c the dog reminds us of our recently departed dachshund Greta. I went yesterday and picked up four varieties (mainly bc of the cans) and popped open a Groundball Grape - advertised as tasting like "Grape Snow Cone Syrup and Big League Chew Bubblegum."

That's exactly what it tasted like and I kind of enjoyed it. Only had one though. Here is our dox Chloe enjoying the dregs.

IMG_3759.JPG

4 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Anyone here into sours or fruity beer? I've always been a IPA or lager guy, but there is a local brewery here in MD that specializes in sours. I like the cans b/c the dog reminds us of our recently departed dachshund Greta. I went yesterday and picked up four varieties (mainly bc of the cans) and popped open a Groundball Grape - advertised as tasting like "Grape Snow Cone Syrup and Big League Chew Bubblegum."

That's exactly what it tasted like and I kind of enjoyed it. Only had one though. Here is our dox Chloe enjoying the dregs.

IMG_3759.JPG

I want to like sours but very rarely find one that I can drink a full glass of. And they give me heart burn. Imagine that. Haha. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

IMG_3759.JPG

Good names, images and merchandise will surely help to sell beer. My wife fell in love w Chubby squirrel from some Brewery near Traverse City MI a couple years ago. Probably never would have tried it had it not been for the name

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Good names, images and merchandise will surely help to sell beer. My wife fell in love w Chubby squirrel from some Brewery near Traverse City MI a couple years ago. Probably never would have tried it had it not been for the name

https://untappd.com/b/right-brain-brewery-chubby-squirrel/234008

That is a great label! And I agree about the images/labels. It even works on me when I am looking for wine.

41 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I want to like sours but very rarely find one that I can drink a full glass of. And they give me heart burn. Imagine that. Haha. 

Same. I've really started struggling a bit with heart burn in the last two years if I drink more than a beer or two a few nights in a row - which is really only when we are on vacation.

33 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I've really started struggling a bit with heart burn in the last two years if I drink more than a beer or two a few nights in a row - which is really only when we are on vacation

You have to find the amount that's the "sweet spot"...and then go past it :) 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I finally found a sour beer that I can stomach and enjoy. This one is an easy drinking sour ale from RAR Brewing that is brewed with tangerines. It really is a perfect summer beer at only 4.5% alcohol. I also dig the retro 1980s BMX bike label design.

E5E84AE8-25A3-4311-A0A2-F78D03177B76.JPG

Love it. Good view. Good Brew. And that glass is hilarious....I kinda want one.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Love it. Good view. Good Brew. And that glass is hilarious....I kinda want one.  

It's funny, my thing in NYC is "I don't wait in lines." Drives my wife crazy.

But here in MD on Saturday, I waited in line starting at 7am to pick up some limited release beers and this glass (they only made 200 and they were gone that morning). I got another glass that's even cooler, but no pics yet. 

I'm a sucker for cool beer glasses!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

It's funny, my thing in NYC is "I don't wait in lines." Drives my wife crazy.

But here in MD on Saturday, I waited in line starting at 7am to pick up some limited release beers and this glass (they only made 200 and they were gone that morning). I got another glass that's even cooler, but no pics yet. 

I'm a sucker for cool beer glasses!

Same. At a restaurant if I can sit at the bar to eat instead of waiting for a table, I’m sitting at a the bar every time. Drives my wife nuts. She made me promise on our last anniversary that we’d sit at a table when we to a joint that didn’t take reservations. I reluctantly agreed....it pained me though. 

14 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

It’s either the Cow or Drink Wisconsinbly with a Leinie’s!

F0990AEE-4D24-48C1-A3ED-5F663F7D51E5.jpeg

I actually like the regular Leienkugel's beer...they sell Summer Shandy and Berry Weiss down here (and in my world, fruit and beer doesn't mix) but not the regular beer...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I actually like the regular Leienkugel's beer...they sell Summer Shandy and Berry Weiss down here (and in my world, fruit and beer doesn't mix) but not the regular beer...

My wife is a big fan of their Summer Shandy so we always have that on hand during the summers.  It can be hard to find the regular Leinkugels.

I have been drinking a lot of the Goose Island White Sox ale this summer to support my boys. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

My wife is not a beer drinker but she bought me a 6 pack of Berry Weiss last year and I didn't care for it, but she actually likes it. Go figure ha.

• Like 1