Beer/Alcohol Thread

I'm on the west coast, so we have quite a few different brands, but Ballast Point (CA) does a wonderful few sours (https://ballastpoint.com/beer/sour-wench/#:~:text=Our Sour Wench Blackberry Ale,the world of sour beers.)

There's a few at the store that I'll grab a six pack of next time I'm there - I remember them by their can, not their brand name vbg - but I typically fall for anything with a berry or fruit-based flavor and then that sweet, sweet kick of the sour.  

On 7/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, Lostin76 said:

@tdhoosier love the old school label on that bourbon.

Anyone here into sours or fruity beer? I've always been a IPA or lager guy, but there is a local brewery here in MD that specializes in sours. I like the cans b/c the dog reminds us of our recently departed dachshund Greta. I went yesterday and picked up four varieties (mainly bc of the cans) and popped open a Groundball Grape - advertised as tasting like "Grape Snow Cone Syrup and Big League Chew Bubblegum."

That's exactly what it tasted like and I kind of enjoyed it. Only had one though. Here is our dox Chloe enjoying the dregs.

IMG_3759.JPG

Wait, is your dog licking up the beer?

lol, I spilled a beer once without realizing it, until I looked down at the slurping noise of my boxer lapping it all up 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Wait, is your dog licking up the beer?

lol, I spilled a beer once without realizing it, until I looked down at the slurping noise of my boxer lapping it all up 

She LOVES beer. When she was a pup, her favorite was Upland Dragonfly. But as she's grown older I don't let her drink beer (especially really hoppy, high alcohol beer) as much, as they say hops are actually poisonous to dogs. Who knew!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

On a tour of Alaska a few years back.  Found this beer in Juneau.  Not everywhere down here.  But ... if you see it . Try it.  Highly recommend it. If available.... get a multi pack.

Alaskan Brewing Company in Juneau 

Alaskan Amber is one of my favorites. Believe I mentioned it earlier in this thread. Available in IL. They have great cans and merchandise as well. I keep this sweatshirt at the lake house for cool evenings. Has a built in beer pouch and bottle opener! 

20200905_082621.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Alaskan Amber is one of my favorites. Believe I mentioned it earlier in this thread. Available in IL. They have great cans and merchandise as well. I keep this sweatshirt at the lake house for cool evenings. Has a built in beer pouch and bottle opener! 

20200905_082621.jpg

Neat.

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

I like the Octobefest beers. Have already tried ones from Bells and Sam Adams this year. 

The Leinie's Oktoberfest was pretty good...I usually drink Michelob Ultra, so the taste difference was stark...I very rarely drink regular beer (or even MU for that matter...maybe twice a month or so, and even then rarely drink over 3). Time to re-expand my horizons... 🍻

So I'm going back to HEB and pick up some more Oktoberfest while they have it...Also want to get some  Left Hand Milk Stout from a brewery up @milehiiu way in Longmont, Co...I can't regularly find it and I saw it yesterday...

LHMS.PNG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The Leinie's Oktoberfest was pretty good...I usually drink Michelob Ultra, so the taste difference was stark...I very rarely drink regular beer (or even MU for that matter...maybe twice a month or so, and even then rarely drink over 3). Time to re-expand my horizons... 🍻

So I'm going back to HEB and pick up some more Oktoberfest while they have it...Also want to get some  Left Hand Milk Stout from a brewery up @milehiiu way in Longmont, Co...I can't regularly find it and I saw it yesterday...

LHMS.PNG

Up until this year I was a big beer drinker; logging almost 900 different beers on my beer app. I still love beer, but it doesn’t love me: bad hangovers, messing up my stomach, weight gain, etc. I used to scoff at mich Ultra and those low cal beers, but my beer of choice this this summer is Corona Premium with a lime. I can drink those things forever and not feel full...or drunk (well, haven’t tested that many in one sitting). 

• Like 1

Took a walk to a new Mexican place for lunch and stopped at a small gourmet shop on the way home. I literally almost fell to the floor in shock and amazement - they had a full selection of 3 Floyds beer in their fridge! 🤯

Picked up some Alpha King and Zombie Dust. Never thought I would see the day when 3 Floyds arrived here. This is better than Bells arriving about three years ago.

I know there must be some 3 Floyds peeps on this thread.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Took a walk to a new Mexican place for lunch and stopped at a small gourmet shop on the way home. I literally almost fell to the floor in shock and amazement - they had a full selection of 3 Floyds beer in their fridge! 🤯

Picked up some Alpha King and Zombie Dust. Never thought I would see the day when 3 Floyds arrived here. This is better than Bells arriving about three years ago.

I know there must be some 3 Floyds peeps on this thread.

Love Gumballhead and Robert the Bruce...But, none down here in Tejas...

On 9/4/2020 at 12:01 PM, HoosierFaithful said:

I'm on the west coast, so we have quite a few different brands, but Ballast Point (CA) does a wonderful few sours (https://ballastpoint.com/beer/sour-wench/#:~:text=Our Sour Wench Blackberry Ale,the world of sour beers.)

There's a few at the store that I'll grab a six pack of next time I'm there - I remember them by their can, not their brand name vbg - but I typically fall for anything with a berry or fruit-based flavor and then that sweet, sweet kick of the sour.  

Nice, I'll have to look for that one. I love Ballast Point's Sculpin IPA.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Love Gumballhead and Robert the Bruce...But, none down here in Tejas...

I should have grabbed some Gumballhead too. Love that one as well. Have never had Robert the Bruce though. I've noticed that a lot of breweries are doing expanded shipping and delivery lately to increase sales. I just ordered some Burial Beer from Asheville and it should arrive on Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Went to Silver Beach Brewery in St Joe MI, yesterday. Today its-

20200919_125128.jpg

Nice! If you come back down south Transient Artisan Ales in Bridgman is by far (in my opinion) the best of the breweries in SW Michigan....possibly one of the best in the entire Midwest...beer nerds flock there on their special release days. Their NEIPAs are to die for and their Buckley stouts are incredible. I actually just saw in my FB feed that they have a Bark Lord on tap haha: imperial stout with Tugboat coffee, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon

There’s also a Haymarket tap room at the exit, which is really good. And Tapistry is across the street from Transient (which is meh).  

• Thanks 1