Beer/Alcohol Thread

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Had that as part of a sampler. Similar to Leinenkugels summer shady, which isn't a bad thing. 

Back before Leinenkugel went national, we used to pick up their seasonal Berry Weiss when we were in Wisconsin in the summer.  Haven't had it for a long time, but man, it used to be an awesome summer beer.  That or a Woodchuck Hard Cider with a brat.  Wisconsin in the summer is pretty awesome, despite their D-bag basketball team.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've lived in Columbus for about 1.5 years now... love the variety of breweries that are within shouting distance. 450 North, Zwanzigz, Upland, Hog Molly, and the new Big Woods at the mall are all within 10 mins of my house! Love it! 

Zwanzigz is by far my favorite though. Honey Wheat, Red, Smoked Lager, Blueberry, chocalate, and Peanut Butter are all EXCELLENT. Then... mix the chocolate and blueberry and you get a blueberry muffin. So good. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Another great place with great beer (located in New Albany area)... 

Our Lady of Perpetual Hops. Funny name I know.... but GREAT place. We loved breweries that allow dogs. They have pool table, live music, corn hole, etc. HUGE place. 

Your wife might like the PB &J wine from Urban wines. Excellent 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Old Smokey has a good one as well. Did some tasting on Gatlinburg at their distillery 

We were at the Old Smokey in Nashville in April. It's hooked up with a brewery called "Yee-Haw".... excellent place. I haven't been to Gburg since I was probably 14. I loved it there as a kid. My mom still goes once a year for hiking. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We were at the Old Smokey in Nashville in April. It's hooked up with a brewery called "Yee-Haw".... excellent place. I haven't been to Gburg since I was probably 14. I loved it there as a kid. My mom still goes once a year for hiking. 

Highly recommend it. Especially during fall break.

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We are going to Nashville for wife's birthday end of next month 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:38 PM, btownqb said:

Another great place with great beer (located in New Albany area)... 

Our Lady of Perpetual Hops. Funny name I know.... but GREAT place. We loved breweries that allow dogs. They have pool table, live music, corn hole, etc. HUGE place. 

We just started going there the last few months. Turns out it’s only about 10 minutes from our house. All the beer I’ve had from them has been great. The atmosphere is really cool, especially allowing dogs. 

I think the name is because the building used to be a church. I talked to (I think) an owner/manager there and helped them out with some things. They were cool people so that always helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

My wife dragged me to Whole Foods (which I think is the biggest ripoff grocery ever) and I saw this beer...

PXL_20210821_213203411.thumb.jpg.48d208e241c6e10a94e09c9698d26951.jpg$23.99 for four of them...here's Beer Advocates' description...

Notes: Brand new small batch release! A heavily wheated imperial stout that's been aging In malt and wheated whiskey barrels for the last 18 months.

11.9 ABV 😯

I shoulda sprung for it...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My wife dragged me to Whole Foods (which I think is the biggest ripoff grocery ever) and I saw this beer...

PXL_20210821_213203411.thumb.jpg.48d208e241c6e10a94e09c9698d26951.jpg$23.99 for four of them...here's Beer Advocates' description...

Notes: Brand new small batch release! A heavily wheated imperial stout that's been aging In malt and wheated whiskey barrels for the last 18 months.

11.9 ABV 😯

I shoulda sprung for it...

Kind of reminds me of of the “Ms Falflats” marketing in the 70’s, complete with a Ms Falflats beauty contest winner on the can.  “The pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom”!

• Like 1