Beer/Alcohol Thread

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Ever been to’The Miller House’ in Owensboro, KY? They have the largest selection of bourbon in western KY. Over 600 to choose from.

I try to stay out of Kentucky. 😆

jk. I do want to do the bourbon trail one of these days though. 

Edited by tdhoosier

39 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Ever been to’The Miller House’ in Owensboro, KY? They have the largest selection of bourbon in western KY. Over 600 to choose from.

I know bourbons can get pricey...I was at a conference in DC after hours with my counterpart from Kansas City. Big time bourbon connissuer...I hailed the waitress and got myself a beer, and "whatever he's drinking."

He was drinking Four Roses Super Premium...$34 for two fingers...

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I know bourbons can get pricey...I was at a conference in DC after hours with my counterpart from Kansas City. Big time bourbon connissuer...I hailed the waitress and got myself a beer, and "whatever he's drinking."

You can’t afford Pappy Van Winkle’s

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That one all the way on the left in my picture above…the Horse Soldier…I think was $610.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

That one all the way on the left in my picture above…the Horse Soldier…I think was $610.

I guess it's just my pragmatic side...I usually buy quality stuff because it's better/last longer ect...but liquor like that would have to give me some kind of buzz to justify the cost...

But, I never look in anyone else's pocket...

Back when I still partook I knew a guy that done some electrical work at the Buffalo Trace distillery. Was at a cookout at his house and he pulled out an unmarked bottle of bourbon some gave him from there. He had it given to him by a guy who worked on a bottling line at BT.  I'm convinced it was Pappys, was like nothing I had before. 

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at Watermark Brewing in Stevensville Mi  (exit 23) this weekend on my way home. They don't have food but had a food truck. They have a nice outdoor dog friendly area which is why I stopped. They had approx 20 of their own beers on tap. Wife and I just had 1 lighter one as we had to drive but I would go back. 

Had a growler from Sisters Lakes Brewing for the game vs Iowa. Helped take away some of the sting from the loss.

Also stopped in to https://www.arrowheadales.com/ in New Lenox last week for the first time. Wife and I both liked everything there. From the atmosphere, to the beer and the food, it was all good and we will definitely go back. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Any of you Beer lovers a member of the Hash House Harriers? This "Freak" I dated years ago, introduced me to them. They are a neat bunch and I had forgotten about them, but saw a bumper sticker a few days ago.

Never heard of that. What is it?

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Bought some Moonshine while in the Carolinas. 62.5% alcohol by content. 105 proof. Gonna sample next weekend when my son visits. Will let you know if I am comatose how it was

Is this true untaxed likker or the commercial “moonshine” aka unaged corn whiskey? 

On 10/6/2021 at 1:46 PM, BeerBQ said:

Never heard of that. What is it?

It is a Beer club with a Running addiction, at least that is their motto. They are groups of people who organize running events, they lay out a course and there are several stops along the route. At each stop, you drink as many beers as you can, then run to the next stop. Often they will have a camp out at the end of the run, at least the Bloomington group does. Let's just say their camp outs can be quite liberal/ free spirit so to say...

I mentioned it here because I think there are several who exercise, yet this is the beer thread :) . What is really surprising to me is that there are groups nearly all over the world.  

ON ON !

513msesoXhL.__AC_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg&f=1

• Like 1