Beer/Alcohol Thread

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Saw this 

ci-yuengling-flight-747ec5bbfc8cffd3.jpeg.0aa4afd3b2e7acda78af0fd1ccaaf124.jpeg

in HEB today and picked some up along with some Leinenkugel's Toasted Bock...Anybody had this?

I like Yuengling's beers and usually drank it when I was in the Philly-Atlantic City area...

These are pretty decent. I like regular Yuenglings quite a bit and recently tried Flight from a recommendation from a friend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

These are pretty decent. I like regular Yuenglings quite a bit and recently tried Flight from a recommendation from a friend.

Just finished my first...not bad...still like Michelob Ultra as a go to though...

The Toasted Bock is nothing special. I'd rate it behind two locals...Shiner Bock and Crawford Bock...I usually like Leinenkugel's stuff...

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

Just finished my first...not bad...still like Michelob Ultra as a go to though...

The Toasted Bock is nothing special. I'd rate it behind two locals...Shiner Bock and Crawford Bock...I usually like Leinenkugel's stuff...

Michelob Ultra is better in my opinion also. I like Leinenkugel Oktoberfest beers quite a bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I'll occasionally drink a couple of Coors light while eating but that's about it for light beer lol.

I do like my craft beers though. I've never tried Three Floyd's, i will have to keep an eye out for it. 

My two favorites are Gumballhead (hence, my avatar) and Robert the Bruce...

I keep waiting on @FritzIam4IU to hijack a truck and come visit 😉

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

Years ago when I first heard the buzz about Three Floyds I tried Gumballhead and Robert the Bruce. I liked Robert the Bruce better. Still do.

The thing I like about craft beers is you can drink stronger ones and not have to drink as much. Kind of a way to diet :cheers:

On 12/30/2021 at 7:14 PM, IUFLA said:

My two favorites are Gumballhead (hence, my avatar) and Robert the Bruce...

I keep waiting on @FritzIam4IU to hijack a truck and come visit 😉

On 12/30/2021 at 7:15 PM, FritzIam4IU said:

Ha. I need to send you some Gumballhead. I haven't tried Robert the Bruce yet, but Zombie Dust was pretty good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Years ago when I first heard the buzz about Three Floyds I tried Gumballhead and Robert the Bruce. I liked Robert the Bruce better. Still do.

The thing I like about craft beers is you can drink stronger ones and not have to drink as much. Kind of a way to diet :cheers:

I remember the days of peeing in my pants if seeing Three Floyds in a liquor store. Zombie Dust must be the most copied recipe since then. There are now so many Citra Hopped APAs that taste exactly like it. (I.e. Maplewood Charlatan)

Thinking out loud about beers….I’ve always hated Daisy Cutter. I try to come back to it every 2-3 years and still it tastes too earthy and bitter for my liking. This week I grabbed a Galaxy Hopped Double Daisy Cutter and it was absolutely amazing.

On the flip side: I love Two Hearted and can’t stand Double Two Hearted. 

Funny how beer recipes can be like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

27 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I remember the days of peeing in my pants if seeing Three Floyds in a liquor store. Zombie Dust must be the most copied recipe since then. There are now so many Citra Hopped APAs that taste exactly like it. (I.e. Maplewood Charlatan)

Thinking out loud about beers….I’ve always hated Daisy Cutter. I try to come back to it every 2-3 years and still it tastes too earthy and bitter for my liking. This week I grabbed a Galaxy Hopped Double Daisy Cutter and it was absolutely amazing.

On the flip side: I love Two Hearted and can’t stand Double Two Hearted. 

Funny how beer recipes can be like that. 

About 2 years before I left Chicagoland, if Binny's (the big chain liquor store in the suburbs) got any 3 Floyds flavors in, you'd better be there within 4 hours or it would be gone...

Then I found a small liquor store out in Plano Illinois called Vineyard Liquor that always had Gumballhead and RTB in stock. I was elated! For about 6 months I had free reign...

Then somebody else got word, and it was back to scrambling...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

About 2 years before I left Chicagoland, if Binny's (the big chain liquor store in the suburbs) got any 3 Floyds flavors in, you'd better be there within 4 hours or it would be gone...

Then I found a small liquor store out in Plano Illinois called Vineyard Liquor that always had Gumballhead and RTB in stock. I was elated! For about 6 months I had free reign...

Then somebody else got word, and it was back to scrambling...

And now...I usually can find it in Krogers and I think Meijers as well. I wonder how much they are producing now?

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Tell them to send some to Archie's Food Basket in Splendora, Texas! ;) 

I just took this for you. Gumball head come in 12 pack cans now. This is just the local grocery store.

Edit: AND I bet they are on sale because they're shelf turds. (over 6 months past the bottling/canning date.) I never get beer from this store for that vary reason.  

18C2E8E1-4449-4315-8F82-EE93C5502B48.jpeg

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I just took this for you. Gumball head come in 12 pack cans now. This is just the local grocery store.

Edit: AND I bet they are on sale because they're shelf turds. (over 6 months past the bottling/canning date.) I never get beer from this store for that vary reason.  

18C2E8E1-4449-4315-8F82-EE93C5502B48.jpeg

I have not seen the 12 packs yet. They have a ton of zombie dust on the shelves.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m not a tequila fan, but recently learned I don’t like lower end tequilas. Nothing against ones that are consumed regularly, just not my type. When we went on our cruise, one of our excursions in Mexico had a tequila tasting and figured what the heck. Let’s just say I ended up purchasing a $300 bottle of tequilas lol. Sabor Azteca that was aged 18 years, and can not be purchased in Mexico. It was so good, I was blown away. 

Hardly any burn and no aftertaste that comes with drinking basic tequila. Highly recommend if you even vacation or do excursions in Mexico.