Beer/Alcohol Thread

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

did you see in the link I posted this morning pepper X? Now considered the hottest pepper, considerably hotter than the Reaper? Thought of you and your SIL when I saw that.

Just read it... I passed it on to him to see if he'd ever heard of it... If not, I'm sure he's in to trying them... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 12:48 PM, Reacher said:

Check out your state-

"The Highest-Rated IPA in Every State (2022) [MAP] | VinePair" https://vinepair.com/articles/highest-rated-ipa-state-map/

Based on that, I bought a sixer of Yellow Rose Smash IPA by Lone Pint Brewery from Whole Foods (I only go there for the beer :) )....

I'll let you know how it is...🍻

• Like 1

Broke the Yellow Rose Smash IPA out tonight while making some lobster ravioli for me and the misses...

Pretty good... Very hoppy and one has given me a warm little buzz... I'd buy them again...been a while since I've drank any IPA... 

PXL_20221124_022357430.thumb.jpg.db1e6a4df64b7f9034cf0a66e47d18a1.jpg

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

On 11/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, Reacher said:

Looking forward to replenishing my supply on Black Friday. 

https://www.gooseisland.com/our-stories/2022/08/01/introducing-bourbon-county-stout-2022/

Knowing I have more coming soon, I'm going to stick one in the fridge for the IU game this aft. 

I always enjoy looking for it and usually end up with a few bottles. Last week I opened my last cherry wood variant from last year. 

We’re going to the basketball game Friday so I won’t be able to go to my normal spots on Black Friday. 

We are home alone for Thanksgiving and loving it. Spent the morning listening to records and now out on the terrace enjoying a drink before we eat our big meal. 

This is a pilsner from a New Hampshire brewery that’s new to me - Branch and Blade. I dig their logo and the pilsner is nice. 

I feel like my beer journey is leading me back to lighter beers like pilsners and lagers (esp. Helles lagers). I’ve had so many heavy stouts and IPAs, that I kind of burned out on them.  

C3016297-F38F-430D-8ECE-B5083B309633.jpeg

B389BF8F-814C-4B2D-91BA-677B6D6FFAD1.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Why has no one labeled a Whiskey as " Chuck Norris" ? I mean it gives anyone special powers after all.

Does this count towards a copyright, if they haven't? :)

Remember Bruce Lee kicking the crap out of Chuck in the movie “Way Of The Dragon”  Maybe you could copyright Chuck Lee’s 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 8:46 AM, BeerBQ said:

I always enjoy looking for it and usually end up with a few bottles. Last week I opened my last cherry wood variant from last year. 

We’re going to the basketball game Friday so I won’t be able to go to my normal spots on Black Friday. 

I had one of my cherry variants last week as well! Very enjoyable!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I have some 2022 Dragon's Milk Reserve on tap for the game tonight. Bourbon Barrel Aged with Chocolate, Marshmallow and Graham Cracker.

Mmm, S'mores. It's a cold night here. Think I'll go with a (Goose Island) Bourbon Stout as well. 

I have the Thomas Rhett song Half of Me stuck in my head. Half of me wants a cold, cold beer, the other half wants two! :cheers:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I have some 2022 Dragon's Milk Reserve on tap for the game tonight. Bourbon Barrel Aged with Chocolate, Marshmallow and Graham Cracker.

How were the S'mores?

I had a strawberry ice cream bar-

Finally, as always, Goose Island will offer a Chicago-only release: Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout (again, ABV TDB). "For the second year in a row, Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout is inspired by a classic frozen treat and brewed again by the mastermind, Emily Kosmal," Goose Island states. Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout is "blended with luscious strawberries, vanilla and coconut, reminiscent of a classic strawberry ice cream bar."

I got more of the strawberry than the vanilla or coconut. Very good overall but the I liked the Cherry one better. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reacher said:

How were the S'mores?

Oh it's real good. Smooth creamy chocolate without being overly sweet or too thick. You get graham cracker next, and it finishes with a dry boozy kick. I'd put it right up there with Teddy Bear Kisses as a perfect beer for drinking by the fire on a winter night.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2022 at 1:03 PM, Maedhros said:

I just opened one and I’m really liking it. 
I didn’t get much marshmallow until it warmed up a bit. I think Dragons Milk is one of the best deals in a barrel aged stout. It’s readily available, affordable, and good. 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 10:05 AM, Reacher said:

How were the S'mores?

I had a strawberry ice cream bar-

Finally, as always, Goose Island will offer a Chicago-only release: Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout (again, ABV TDB). "For the second year in a row, Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout is inspired by a classic frozen treat and brewed again by the mastermind, Emily Kosmal," Goose Island states. Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout is "blended with luscious strawberries, vanilla and coconut, reminiscent of a classic strawberry ice cream bar."

I got more of the strawberry than the vanilla or coconut. Very good overall but the I liked the Cherry one better. 

I got a few bottles of the original last weekend. Today I got the Biscotti and Coffee variants. I found a store that had a pretty good selection left. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...