Beer/Alcohol Thread

On 8/6/2021 at 1:40 PM, btownqb said:

We were at the Old Smokey in Nashville in April. It's hooked up with a brewery called "Yee-Haw".... excellent place. I haven't been to Gburg since I was probably 14. I loved it there as a kid. My mom still goes once a year for hiking. 

Took some YeeHaw home with us. It’s good stuff. image.thumb.jpg.9327b4742856dbb3782a327e13ef6342.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

On the way home from the football game we stopped a Salt Creek in Bedford.  It is a unique place that has some good food and beer. They mentioned cigars and wine but we didn’t have any of either. 

Very good place. Pretty close to where I grew up. 

4 nice breweries in Columbus, as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have tried a few while on vacation. Gatlinburg Brewery was OK, picked up a 6 pack from Smokey Mountain Brewery that I liked and stopped for lunch at this place (pictured) food was average but sitting outside on the deck next to the creek on a perfect fall day was a 10+.

Stopped and sampled moonshine at Sugarlands Distillery. Was a neat experience. $5 for 12 mini shots. 

20211024_122100.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Reacher said:

Have tried a few while on vacation. Gatlinburg Brewery was OK, picked up a 6 pack from Smokey Mountain Brewery that I liked and stopped for lunch at this place (pictured) food was average but sitting outside on the deck next to the creek on a perfect fall day was a 10+.

Stopped and sampled moonshine at Sugarlands Distillery. Was a neat experience. $5 for 12 mini shots. 

20211024_122100.jpg

Where is that one? 

We went there a few weeks ago and did Smoky Mountain Brewery but not Gatlinburg. We also stopped at Hexagon in Knoxville for lunch on the way home. 

I forget what we paid for our moonshine tasting, but it was at Pigeon Forge distillery. 

7 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Where is that one? 

We went there a few weeks ago and did Smoky Mountain Brewery but not Gatlinburg. We also stopped at Hexagon in Knoxville for lunch on the way home. 

I forget what we paid for our moonshine tasting, but it was at Pigeon Forge distillery. 

Bearwaters is in NC. We were going to drive to Cherokee and the come up the and drive the tail of the dragon but decided we did not have enough time so drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway and returned from the East. Views and fall colors were great. Probably a week away from peak colors at the lower altitudes. 

Had an awesome slab of ribs at the Local GOAT. 

Waiting on the wife and we will be heading to Downtown  Nashville to try more beer and BBQ!

20211025_171746.thumb.jpg.224c0bb51ca00e2b61e5555898847b89.jpg 

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

Bearwaters is in NC. We were going to drive to Cherokee and the come up the and drive the tail of the dragon but decided we did not have enough time so drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway and returned from the East. Views and fall colors were great. Probably a week away from peak colors at the lower altitudes. 

Waiting on the wife and we will be heading to Downtown  Nashville to try more beer and BBQ!

We did the drive through the park to Cherokee one day with a guided tour app and it was really cool. No fall colors then, however. 
Sadly we didn’t get any bbq down there. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

The minute I looked at that pic, "The Flintstones" theme ran through my head...

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Reacher said:

I like the Octoberfest ones but I also like the winter and Christmas Ales that come afterwards!

I’m officially turning the corner to those now. I picked up a few at the store this week. 

I just opened a Breckinridge Vanilla Porter. It’s one of the first craft beers I remember seeing. 

4 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I’m officially turning the corner to those now. I picked up a few at the store this week. 

I just opened a Breckinridge Vanilla Porter. It’s one of the first craft beers I remember seeing. 

I had a Bells Kalamazoo porter with dinner today. Looking forward to restocking my Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts tomorrow! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Reacher said:

I had a Bells Kalamazoo porter with dinner today. Looking forward to restocking my Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts tomorrow! 

Any luck? I got a few bottles of the original and a cherry wood. I saw some of the other ones (Blantons was one) but they were a little pricey for me. 

I got the full set minus the double barrel one. It was $55 and I figure for that price you should get a keg! I did get 2 of the $40 bottles (Blanton and 150). Maybe I'll look into selling one. I don't know if I will be able to appreciate the finer flavors. I still have 4 bottles left over from last year so now I feel more comfortable drinking them. Going to have one watching the IU game tonight. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/25/business/wine-liquor-shortage-uk-christmas/index.html

:panic:

Britain running out of liquor!  May run out before the upcoming holiday season!

I didn't know they were such big drinkers in the UK, 54% of adults drink at least once a week. I am curious what the percentage is for the US. The only thing i could find was from 2013 where the number was at 38%, i am willing to bet that percentage is higher now lol. 

Edited by Hoosier51

10 hours ago, Reacher said:

I got the full set minus the double barrel one. It was $55 and I figure for that price you should get a keg! I did get 2 of the $40 bottles (Blanton and 150). Maybe I'll look into selling one. I don't know if I will be able to appreciate the finer flavors. I still have 4 bottles left over from last year so now I feel more comfortable drinking them. Going to have one watching the IU game tonight. 

Sounds a little cheaper than what I saw. I was happy to get a cherry wood for about $13 at one stop. I have a few previous years in the cellar, too. I’ll probably do a tasting with some family around Christmas. 

13 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Opening my first BCBS of the year. I decided to go with the Cherry Wood which makes it the first variant I’ve ever had. 
It’s very tasty and dangerously smooth for the 14.2% ABV it lists. 

9BE63499-B97D-4D8B-91B7-021A4FA346D5.jpeg

Looking forward to mine! That and the cherry cola one sound great. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Saw this 

ci-yuengling-flight-747ec5bbfc8cffd3.jpeg.0aa4afd3b2e7acda78af0fd1ccaaf124.jpeg

in HEB today and picked some up along with some Leinenkugel's Toasted Bock...Anybody had this?

I like Yuengling's beers and usually drank it when I was in the Philly-Atlantic City area...

I drink Yuengling Black & Tan but never tried this. To be honest i'm not a big light beer drinker lol.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I drink Yuengling Black & Tan but never tried this. To be honest i'm not a big light beer drinker lol.

I kinda mix it up. Light beers I can drink a lot of and not feel bloated. I'll drink a light, then a Toasted Bock, then a light and so forth...

I love craft beers, particularly Three Floyd's, but if I drink 4 or 5 I feel sluggish and bloated...sucks getting old 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I kinda mix it up. Light beers I can drink a lot of and not feel bloated. I'll drink a light, then a Toasted Bock, then a light and so forth...

I love craft beers, particularly Three Floyd's, but if I drink 4 or 5 I feel sluggish and bloated...sucks getting old 😁

I'll occasionally drink a couple of Coors light while eating but that's about it for light beer lol.

I do like my craft beers though. I've never tried Three Floyd's, i will have to keep an eye out for it. 

• Like 1