Any news on the AD search

IU Scott

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

My opinion vs yours. 

It's just like any new coach or manager you always hope you're upgrading with the new hire.  Reynolds has the resume of what could be an outstanding AD for us.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Could be... 

I want Reynolds, as well. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want our new AD to be proactive and really put their arms around helping our athletes seek out and earn sponsorships and earn money. I may have a difference of opinion about allowing it and true amateurism etc but now that it has passed and is coming we don't need to put our heads in the sand and ignore the new landscape this will develop in the NCAA. Indiana University has a huge alumni association to lean on and is very prominent in the Indy area as well to leverage for their athletes. We should actively work with our compliance, athletic department, and programs to use this in recruiting and promoting our BBall and other programs. Hopefully whomever we hire will see the future clearly and hit the ground running to develop and promote those opportunities for our programs and student athletes...because if we don't...other schools will and get out in front of this.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I just want our new AD to be proactive and really put their arms around helping our athletes seek out and earn sponsorships and earn money. I may have a difference of opinion about allowing it and true amateurism etc but now that it has passed and is coming we don't need to put our heads in the sand and ignore the new landscape this will develop in the NCAA. Indiana University has a huge alumni association to lean on and is very prominent in the Indy area as well to leverage for their athletes. We should actively work with our compliance, athletic department, and programs to use this in recruiting and promoting our BBall and other programs. Hopefully whomever we hire will see the future clearly and hit the ground running to develop and promote those opportunities for our programs and student athletes...because if we don't...other schools will and get out in front of this.

This is exactly right. We have to get out in front of this or get left behind. 

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Not that they should make a rushed hire but at this point there's also no reason to wait until the end of the semester for Glass to leave. Winter championships and spring sports are cancelled, after all.

There's no reason to bring a new AD in the middle of this, you mean. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Completely illogical to ask that of someone to switch/leave positions now. 

Yeah, I think it’s probably more likely they announce Glass hangs for an extra year on to navigate through this uncertainty, as opposed to a new AD coming in during all of this. 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I think it’s probably more likely they announce Glass hangs for an extra year on to navigate through this uncertainty, as opposed to a new AD coming in during all of this. 

On the other hand, with sports shut down, seems like it might be an easier handoff from the old to the new.  And maybe better to let the new guy/gal deal with whatever NCAA mandates are made in the wake of the virus.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don't understand how this would impact bringing  in a new AD because you have to go with the idea that next years sports will be played.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't understand how this would impact bringing  in a new AD because you have to go with the idea that next years sports will be played.

Clearly I'm wrong, as it appears they're closer to a decision. But, my thought is that there is going to be a lot of unchartered territory here over the next 6 months and heading into the new school year/athletic year, so consistency is probably a little more prepared to navigate the uncertainty, as opposed to someone learning on the job (and yes, even the most qualified candidate still has a learning curve in a new job). 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There is about a million things Glass is still handling. I would highly doubt he is stepping down before orginally planned. 

I heard the plan all along was to bring in the new AD early and have him work with Glass until he retires.

Archived