Any news on the AD search

IU Scott

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, dbmhoosier said:

What plan?  To hire another crummy AD.

Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Football, Womens Basketball are all in as good of a spot as they've ever been in and were all ranked this past season. All with fairly young coaches. Indoor track and field was top 15 in the country. Swimming and Diving is still doing very, very well. Women's were ranked 22nd the last time I checked, and Men's are ranked 4th. 

Volleyball and Wrestling are the rise, as well. I know nothing about Tennis, Golf, CC, Water Polo, and Field Hockey. 

The facility improvements are BIG time. So crummy? Please explain... 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Scott Dolson, and Pat Kraft.

So pretty much the 3 we all thought of and discussed right away. My choice is 1 and 1A for Reynolds and Kraft. No offense to Dolson but I'd like some new blood entering the building. Our athletic department is in fine shape financially but I'd like to see them bring in someone with a fresh approach. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So pretty much the 3 we all thought of and discussed right away. My choice is 1 and 1A for Reynolds and Kraft. No offense to Dolson but I'd like some new blood entering the building. Our athletic department is in fine shape financially but I'd like to see them bring in someone with a fresh approach. 

This. This is a chance for IU to change the culture in Bloomington a bit. Which is why I worry it won't be Reynolds. I'm afraid it'll be too many folks that want to carry on with "business as usual." 

1 minute ago, ephul said:

This. This is a chance for IU to change the culture in Bloomington a bit. Which is why I worry it won't be Reynolds. I'm afraid it'll be too many folks that want to carry on with "business as usual." 

That's my fear as well. Again no offense to Dolson at all but if we choose him my fear is the AD's office and powers at hand think everything is fine and dandy in the 812.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Correct.  No real surprises here.  Don't be surprised if I were to tell you my source reads Hoosier Sports Nation.

If I may, for those of us trying to catch up on who these guys are, would those with informed opinion give a quick few bullets as to who these guys are why we might want them? If this has already happened in a previous thread, I apologize. This is an opportunity to add on to your post counts. 😜

3 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

If I may, for those of us trying to catch up on who these guys are, would those with informed opinion give a quick few bullets as to who these guys are why we might want them? If this has already happened in a previous thread, I apologize. This is an opportunity to add on to your post counts. 😜

Dr. Patrick Kraft - Director of Athletics - Staff Directory - Temple University Athletics

Chris Reynolds - Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics - Staff Directory - Bradley University Athletics

Scott Dolson - Deputy Director of Athletics - Staff Directory - Indiana University Athletics

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Correct.  No real surprises here.  Don't be surprised if I were to tell you my source reads Hoosier Sports Nation.

No surprise there at all. Remember watching a documentary years ago about sport departments who have employees that their only job is to monitor social media, message boards,etc...

Long time ago I got some news about a player who attended the school to the west of Indiana. Posted the juicy details on another site way back when. Long story short. It got back and people were trying to connect the dots to out the leak. Never again will I put myself in that position again. Haha.

Reynolds is probably really busy this week with Bradley in the tournament so it will be hard for him to interview this week.  also if they were just going to stay the status quoi with Dolson then why not just appoint him instead of going through the process.  Not saying it won't be him but with them doing other interviews I think there is a chance they will go outside for the hire..

Archived