Illinois Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While this season certainly is not over, I said this in the game thread, but Race needs to make 300-500 top of the key 3's a day this summer. If he can come back and add that shot to his game even at a 35ish% clip, that and adding Lander would completely change this offense. During the scoring drought there were several times Race had the ball at the top of the key and his defender was inside the foul line crowding TJD. Knock that down 2 times a game and it changes a lot. 

After being thoroughly disgusted following the loss at home to PU, I now believe the team has learned from that loss and we are finally seeing CONSISTENT EFFORT. I can live with L's so long as we show some tenacity and heart when we play.  No doubt this was a tough loss and Refs ultimately decided the outcome.  

There is no doubt in my mind that if the team continues with the effort we are seeing currently that we are absolutely due to win out the last 2 home games.  

I really wish we could stop with denigrating our players personally.  I don't mind criticism of play but the personal ad hominem attacks on these young men is unwarranted and unhelpful any manner.  We need every one of them to remain engaged and healthy and have no idea who will be the major contributor in any given game.   I appreciate all the young men that have chosen to represent IUBB.  

Go IU.  Make the NCAAT and then make some noise!  We have proven these last few games that we have the capability.

6 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

Because we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell winning two in a row.

Archer should be gone and I hope Al and Justin leave as well.

It is sad that as an adult, you feel justified to attack our coach and our players! Al played a nice game today and Justin plays nice defense and rebounds consistently. Are they perfect? No. Do they sometimes frustrate me, yes! Do they all deserve Hoosier Nations support? Heck yes! You just really don't get it!

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

While this season certainly is not over, I said this in the game thread, but Race needs to make 300-500 top of the key 3's a day this summer. If he can come back and add that shot to his game even at a 35ish% clip, that and adding Lander would completely change this offense. During the scoring drought there were several times Race had the ball at the top of the key and his defender was inside the foul line crowding TJD. Knock that down 2 times a game and it changes a lot. 

Race was actually a good 3 point shooter in high school so I think it goes back to just being confidence to shoot when you are open.

5 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

Where you at moderators? I think he just took it personal?  I’m sure there is no double standard here, correct?

#safeplace 

YOU SIR ARE A DICK!!! And I will not place my self where you want us to go! I will let you speak with how you like but I WILL NOT HEAR YOU ANY LONGER!!!

Just now, FWIUFan said:

After being thoroughly disgusted following the loss at home to PU, I now believe the team has learned from that loss and we are finally seeing CONSISTENT EFFORT. I can live with L's so long as we show some tenacity and heart when we play.  No doubt this was a tough loss and Refs ultimately decided the outcome.  

There is no doubt in my mind that if the team continues with the effort we are seeing currently that we are absolutely due to win out the last 2 home games.  

I really wish we could stop with denigrating our players personally.  I don't mind criticism of play but the personal ad hominem attacks on these young men is unwarranted and unhelpful any manner.  We need every one of them to remain engaged and healthy and have no idea who will be the major contributor in any given game.   I appreciate all the young men that have chosen to represent IUBB.  

Go IU.  Make the NCAAT and then make some noise!  We have proven these last few games that we have the capability.

Totally agree and I thought every  player that played today left everything the had on the court.

2 minutes ago, IUFan4Life said:

It is sad that as an adult, you feel justified to attack our coach and our players! Al played a nice game today and Justin plays nice defense and rebounds consistently. Are they perfect? No. Do they sometimes frustrate me, yes! Do they all deserve Hoosier Nations support? Heck yes! You just really don't get it!

Posters like that is what is hurting this fan base reputation and not the usual posters on here.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Race was actually a good 3 point shooter in high school so I think it goes back to just being confidence to shoot when you are open.

Agree it is confidence. But, if he can gain confidence through repetition over the summer, coming back next season with a reliable top of the key 3, would not only really help his game, but it would drastically change things for TJD as well. Heck, TJD should join him on that shooting summer plan. If they both came back next year with a perimeter shot that needed respect, and you add Lander and improvement from the other guys, especially Hunter and Phinisee, then IU could be really dangerous. 

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

How should that have been a tripping call at the end?  Honest question.  He didn’t go out of his way to trip him at all.  He ran up to guard and Rob took a step forward into his leg.  That call is never going to be made.

That call gets made almost every single time it happens. 

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

How should that have been a tripping call at the end?  Honest question.  He didn’t go out of his way to trip him at all.  He ran up to guard and Rob took a step forward into his leg.  That call is never going to be made.

He tripped him. It doesn't matter how or why. It's a foul 100% of the time.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I did not really think it was a foul but what upset me is that they gave them the timeout instead of what the right call should have been and that was a jump ball.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

That's a trip. Rob's foot is there first and he comes in and basically kicks him. 

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So you have to blow everyone out or else it's your fault you lose when there is a series of terrible calls against you? That's absurd. 

No but I don't like blaming refs.  Yes they are and bad calls.  But if we make those last 2 free throws or dont have to call that time out (CAM was pissed) maybe we win that game.  I don't know, I'm just a fan who watches from home and it's easy for me to say what should or should not have been called

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

No but I don't like blaming refs.  Yes they are and bad calls.  But if we make those last 2 free throws or dont have to call that time out (CAM was pissed) maybe we win that game.  I don't know, I'm just a fan who watches from home and it's easy for me to say what should or should not have been called

I don't like blaming the refs, but I don't like unnecessarily blaming the players and team either. Why do you prefer to blame the players no matter what the reality of the situation is? 

Archived