Illinois Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Posters like that is what is hurting this fan base reputation and not the usual posters on here.

I agree with you Scott. I have been reading for a long time. It gets really old having so called "fans" attacking players and coaches. They have chosen to represent the university we all love. They deserve our respect and support. Fyi - I am close to your age and tend to agree with a lot of your stances. 🙂

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well we got that call at Minnesota when Al got trip late in that game which appeared to be a bad call.

Because when feet get tangled it is a foul. They happened to not get tangled at Minnesota, but it's a normal assumption for the refs to make. 

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

No but I don't like blaming refs.  Yes they are and bad calls.  But if we make those last 2 free throws or dont have to call that time out (CAM was pissed) maybe we win that game.  I don't know, I'm just a fan who watches from home and it's easy for me to say what should or should not have been called

I don't completely disagree with you and you have to learn to play through the refs and persevere, but I also believe in every game there are 3 entities that impact the outcome... each team and the refs. The refs absolutely play a role in who wins these games, and when a game is as close as this and you 'lose' every call in the last two minutes, with 3 of the calls just being terrible, that makes it extremely difficult to overcome. 

We should have had the ball up 1 or at least tied on the last possession, not down 2. 

I hope I don't see anyone complain about Archie today because I thought he did everything he could to get us the win.  He did everything we have been complaining about like not starting the same lineup in the second half.  He went smaller most of the game and played TJD at the 5 most of the game. He did not play Brunk much at all and he benched Green every time he made a stupid play.

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I don't like blaming the refs, but I don't like unnecessarily blaming the players and team either. Why do you prefer to blame the players no matter what the reality of the situation is? 

I am not really blaming TJD fort missing those.  It happens.  I just hate laying the game at the refs feet.  We all know they are going to be bad.  We can't change that.  What we can do is play our best.  Take the free ones, which we did mostly, play good defense, take good shots and coach well.  We did most of that today and it didn't go our way.  No use is blaming the refs for what we already know is going to happen

3 minutes ago, IUFan4Life said:

I agree with you Scott. I have been reading for a long time. It gets really old having so called "fans" attacking players and coaches. They have chosen to represent the university we all love. They deserve our respect and support. Fyi - I am close to your age and tend to agree with a lot of your stances. 🙂

Thanks, so you are the one that agrees with me LOL!

21 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

Because we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell winning two in a row.

Archer should be gone and I hope Al and Justin leave as well.

Someone was so excited to get on here and troll, he/she spelled Montana wrong.:coffee:

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I hope I don't see anyone complain about Archie today because I thought he did everything he could to get us the win.  He did everything we have been complaining about like not starting the same lineup in the second half.  He went smaller most of the game and played TJD at the 5 most of the game. He did not play Brunk much at all and he benched Green every time he made a stupid play.

Absolutely! Archie had a the guys ready to play today. This was just a tough road game that was always going to come down to the last few plays, and unfortunately Illinois, with a decent amount of help from the refs, made the plays and IU didn't. It's sports, it happens, especially on the road. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't completely disagree with you and you have to learn to play through the refs and persevere, but I also believe in every game there are 3 entities that impact the outcome... each team and the refs. The refs absolutely play a role in who wins these games, and when a game is as close as this and you 'lose' every call in the last two minutes, with 3 of the calls just being terrible, that makes it extremely difficult to overcome. 

We should have had the ball up 1 or at least tied on the last possession, not down 2. 

I agree with you

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That is if Al would have hit all 3 of those free throws which is debatable if he would have but would love for him to have that opportunity.

Just now, IU Scott said:

That is if Al would have hit all 3 of those free throws which is debatable if he would have but would love for him to have that opportunity.

That's why I said "up 1 or tied". Al is our best free throw shooter, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would have hit at least 2 of 3. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The only thing I questioned was his use of timeouts near the end. When rob went down after being tripped, thought he should have called a quick one. Just a hard fought road loss in league with no gimme games. His game plan was really solid, and he subbed appropriately. Hunter likely needed a blow after he made those 3’s.

Wonder what refs thought when they reviewed al’s air ball that should have been a foul. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm surprised this is even up for debate. Pretty 3rd grade level stuff. It was a trip. 

Literally, Rob was standing there and the defender ran in and kicked him in the foot/ankle right as he was beginning to dribble. 

2 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I will want the MODS AND THE site I am sad for my posts to Montana! But he got under my skin and sometimes you just have to scratch! My honest apologies to all!😏

It was Monatna, not Montana.   Dude couldn't even troll well

2 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I will want the MODS AND THE site I am sad for my posts to Montana! But he got under my skin and sometimes you just have to scratch! My honest apologies to all!😏

The thing is that if this was his first tie doing this it would not be as big of a deal but he did this after the PU game as well. To me if you are unhappy with how things are going that is fine and if you do it constructively that is welcomed.  What is wrong when you make it personal toward the players and coaches without any merit.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Literally, Rob was standing there and the defender ran in and kicked him in the foot/ankle right as he was beginning to dribble. 

Oh....just to make sure. I agree all day long with you. Some have suggested otherwise. It was a brutal call. I was shocked people were even debating the blown call.

Archived