Illinois Postgame Thread

KDB

I need some things explained to me.  First, the UI faithful had given up on Underwood last year, and now they are extending him?  What happened?  Was it Cockburn alone?  Secondly, where else in the spoken/written language is "ck" ever silent?  Have I mistakenly been listening to Ro and Roll?  Is my money invested in the Sto Market?  as a kid, was I playing with building blos?  Finally, those refs last night were real Fuing Co Suers!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Leary is spot on - now I hear about Illinois cutting the elbow from the tape.  Where is Fred Glass in this?  Why silence?  When your team, and your hire, is fighting for a tourney birth to have momentum- you so what is right and stand up!  AD for generations have made statements addressing issues when it is the right thing.  This was 100% obvious and the cutting of the Tape during the review?  I mean come on, and the refs not asking to see it??

PLEASE Just stop whining HSN!  Missed fouls are part of the game but we were given 2 opportunities and whiffed in FREE throws and a stumble from a player that is really on my hot-seat!  I’ve never seen Cockburn play before & by looking at him you would have thought there was no way he can shoot FREE throws.  Wrong again, he was perfect meanwhile TJD didn’t even come close when the game mattered most.  And ADD to the fact IU somehow got the rebound as a GIFT, our most disappointing player turned it over.  Game over, move on!

13 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

PLEASE Just stop whining HSN!  Missed fouls are part of the game but we were given 2 opportunities and whiffed in FREE throws and a stumble from a player that is really on my hot-seat!  I’ve never seen Cockburn play before & by looking at him you would have thought there was no way he can shoot FREE throws.  Wrong again, he was perfect meanwhile TJD didn’t even come close when the game mattered most.  And ADD to the fact IU somehow got the rebound as a GIFT, our most disappointing player turned it over.  Game over, move on!

IIRC, Cockburn was 1 of 4 on FTs to start the game, after that he was dead on. I've watched a couple of UIs games and he's the real deal.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's not a lottery pick in the next draft. As much as I like TJD, I think Cockburn will be this years BIG FOTY.  

8 minutes ago, papawboog said:

IIRC, Cockburn was 1 of 4 on FTs to start the game, after that he was dead on. I've watched a couple of UIs games and he's the real deal.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's not a lottery pick in the next draft. As much as I like TJD, I think Cockburn will be this years BIG FOTY.

100% agree and Cockburn has something TJD doesn’t, Beast-mode SIZE!  I do think TJD has more upside & is the better NBA prospect long term but Cockburn not only showed me consistent FT shooting, he showed me great touch around the rim from 0-4’!  He was AUTOMATIC

3 hours ago, Muddy River said:

I need some things explained to me.  First, the UI faithful had given up on Underwood last year, and now they are extending him?  What happened?  Was it Cockburn alone?  Secondly, where else in the spoken/written language is "ck" ever silent?  Have I mistakenly been listening to Ro and Roll?  Is my money invested in the Sto Market?  as a kid, was I playing with building blos?  Finally, those refs last night were real Fuing Co Suers!!

So much win in this post...

5a8b6fa257fd0_Wellplayed.jpg.702061b5bb62d2e82670da34a887c5e1.jpg

22 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Seems like a dumb move considering he's yet to win anything.   Good thing our AD would never make such a move. 

Considering the circumstances regarding how we got him away from OSU, it's not a bad move, IMO. Didn't expect it until after the season, but figured it was coming.

18 hours ago, papawboog said:

Sorry to break the news to you, but Kofi will be terrorizing IU interior offerings again next season. SFC folks reported needing extra mops to clean up the pee stains left by Hoosier players in the paint during the second half.

19 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Leary is spot on - now I hear about Illinois cutting the elbow from the tape.  Where is Fred Glass in this?  Why silence?  When your team, and your hire, is fighting for a tourney birth to have momentum- you so what is right and stand up!  AD for generations have made statements addressing issues when it is the right thing.  This was 100% obvious and the cutting of the Tape during the review?  I mean come on, and the refs not asking to see it??

Guess he's busy negotiating his retirement package. Just kidding.

The guy who cut the tape should be fired for cause without severance, IMO.  Not suspended, not laid off, not resigned, fired.  You’re talking about fraud here.  This cannot be brushed under the rug in the Houston Astros world.  You simply cannot have the integrity of the game compromised.  There are lots of downstream effects from this type of corruption, including side businesses such as draft kings, etc.  Hopefully we hear something soon on his firing.  The dirty kid from Peoria should sit a game.  Bush league, dirty player.  

2 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Sorry to break the news to you, but Kofi will be terrorizing IU interior offerings again next season. SFC folks reported needing extra mops to clean up the pee stains left by Hoosier players in the paint during the second half.

As long as they let him camp in the lane and swing his elbows to clear out the defender, I'm sure you're right...

You must be proud to have won by 1 point when 3 straight terrible calls went your way in the last 1:30...not to mention the punk elbow Williams threw and received nothing for that was covered up by your "officials" dictating the replay...

You're like every other Whinin Illini fan I've ever met...delusional...

3 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Considering the circumstances regarding how we got him away from OSU, it's not a bad move, IMO. Didn't expect it until after the season, but figured it was coming.

What? He didn’t even lead the Illini in any statistical category. Congrats on Underwoods first win against IU. We’ll likely split next season if Cockburn comes back. 

I don't think those mops were for the Hoosiers. As I understand it, leakage and Cockburn are symptoms of a bigger problem.  Seriously, just ask Purdue.  :coffee:

Seriously disappointed in your response here.  After reading a lot, and especially reading how your crooked replay folks tinkered with the elbow replay, you've got zero justification for trash talk.  That game was stolen at the end and I hope IU gets Illinois in the conference tourney and thumps their @sses.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Seriously disappointed in your response here.  After reading a lot, and especially reading how your crooked replay folks tinkered with the elbow replay, you've got zero justification for trash talk.  That game was stolen at the end and I hope IU gets Illinois in the conference tourney and thumps their @sses.

Agreed.   I was mistaken about him being reasonable.  Classless to come on another board as a guest and act like a tool.  

14 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

You had commented last week or two weeks ago on one of my posts suggesting I was better or be better. Let me respond to this one. ....because cheap posts/shots like your post show one thing. You aren't better. This type of post has been just below the service all along.

Anyway to your post. Your last comment is so typical of any Illini have I've ever met. Maybe build up some goodwill over a couple months but at it's true core....an insecure little fan/man that can't even acknowledge that IU has wiped the court with Illini (won 8 of last 11 now) for years. The 3 you won all at your place on single possession games left to Big 10 refs to manipulate an ending.

Just wish we had 2 games with you guys but I guess the Big 10 doesn't view IU and Illinois as a rivalry much to dismay of Illini fans who also have rivalries with Missouri, Iowa, Northwestern, Wisconsin and who else they can drum up.

Just remember when you come back to say I didn't mean it this way or had a bad night or post.....you set the table on this one and how you'll be treated moving forward.

18 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

What? He didn’t even lead the Illini in any statistical category. Congrats on Underwoods first win against IU. We’ll likely split next season if Cockburn comes back. 

Uhh...6 blocked shots? Most sent emphatically into orbit, caused said pee stains?

Man, ya'll are pretty sensitive around here. I did stay away until the next day, but if you're not going to talk a little smack after a win, when are ya? And I thought this was pretty obviously in jest, didn't think it would cause such fury. I see now I forgot to put a little smiley face at the end, my bad.

Hope you guys win on Wed in Indy so maybe we will have that second meeting this season.

22 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Childish. 

22 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Just marking their territory...

Image result for pee gif

4 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Meh.

You think a loss to Wisconsin and then to Nebraska I think gets us in?  I would bet the committee puts in a 10-10 Purdue team who swept us over a 9-11 IU team.

We were last 4 in this morning.   I doubt a win against lowly Minnesota changes much.  Now imagine losing 2 in a row.

ESPPEq_WkAEa4bF.jpg

On 3/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, BruceDouglas said:

Well, that turned ugly quickly.

Archived