Illinois Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Team has played very hard lately.  CAM seems to have finally gotten these guys to give a crap.

Overall good game. everyone knows we dont have shooters, so the scoring droughts will come.

I normally dont scream officiating,  but we got hosed for sure.

We are still going to the NCAA's with one more win

This team has clearly turned a corner.

Not coincidentally, we are shooting better.  Who knew they could be correlated.

3 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Did they review it, because that’s a reviewable play? Thanks for the reply. 

I have quit watching our road games because I have a little temper with games, so I DVR them to avoid the anger lol.

Yes but typical refs did nothing but it should have been a flagrant 1.  They missed the call just like the miss could on the 3 by Durham.

7 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am almost never a blame the refs guy, but this is a blatant exception. Especially on the Durham three.

I told my WIFE even Al could not have missed it that bad without contact or ball touched! To me that was the call!!!

4 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

Because we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell winning two in a row.

Archer should be gone and I hope Al and Justin leave as well.

As I stated in game thread....!!

I have edited you twice, trying to be understanding. Step away and cool off. You are gonna tie my hands. Not worth it. I am trying here...-blue

3 minutes ago, Monatna Hoosier said:

Because we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell winning two in a row.

Archer should be gone and I hope Al and Justin leave as well.

Please ban this troll and leave this board for actual IU fans who want to discuss the game logically.

Just now, Hoosierfan1215 said:

With all the teams similar to us winning this weekend, this one hurts. I think we need both at home. I don’t think only beating Minnesota will do it. 

I’m firmly in this camp too plus we are 10th in the conference. I’m not overly confident they give us 10 bids...20 wins and it’s hard to keep us out. 1 win in the BTT would even make me feel that much better. 

4 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Did they review it, because that’s a reviewable play? Thanks for the reply. 

I have quit watching our road games because I have a little temper with games, so I DVR them to avoid the anger lol.

I believe they did.  It was clearly intentional - I have no idea why the refs were afraid to make the right call.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

IMG_20200301_153034.jpg

Not even debatable.....between this and Durham we had 5 free throws taken from us. Why even bother have officials....and normally I don't like playing that card but this was as bad as it gets. Illinois got the W but wow....just brutal mind numbing idiots on the court today in stripes.

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I hate to blame officiating, and yes we could have done things to win despite the officiating, but it’s virtually impossible to win a close game on the road, or really any close game, when every singe call goes against you in the last two minutes. That was just terrible. 

This. All of this. Our kids fought hard but playing 5 on 8 was too much to overcome.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Not even debatable.....between this and Durham we had 5 free throws taken from us. Why even bother have officials....and normally I don't like playing that card but this was as bad as it gets. Illinois got the W but wow....just brutal mind numbing idiots on the court today in stripes.

It Is just not the obvious calls down the stretch that upset me but it was the times during the middle of the game where we get bumped going to the basket that is not called.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Please ban this troll and leave this board for actual IU fans who want to discuss the game logically.

Again, I go to the games and spend good money to get there, so not sure how I’m not an IU fan?

maybe it’s because I refuse to give medals out for crappy performance, just so everybody feels loved and valued?

Archived