The All Too Important IU vs Mn Pre-Game Thread

29 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Have to say, I kind of like how this team is playing right now, and we're starting to see more and more improvement from the younger guys, Race and Jerome specifically. I feel like a bit of a blowout win is coming on Wednesday. 

I hope so, we are due to just run someone out of the building. 

IMO the tournament starts Wednesday night for the Hoosiers 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Have to say, I kind of like how this team is playing right now, and we're starting to see more and more improvement from the younger guys, Race and Jerome specifically. I feel like a bit of a blowout win is coming on Wednesday. 

That's the crazy thing about this years team.  IU has looked great at times.  And horrible other times.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

That's the crazy thing about this years team.  IU has looked great at times.  And horrible other times.

I would kind of expect that, though. Let's face it, the strength of this team isn't the upperclassmen, and when you have freshmen and sophomores as your best players, you're going to see some really inconsistent play.

This pertains to the Illinois game but is unbelievably egregious. On the Dakich show Fish mentioned that Illinois folks controlled the replays the refs saw. Fish was able to see exactly what they showed the refs and stated that when the elbow was thrown he saw the replay on the “control” monitor and it clearly showed the thrown elbow. When the refs got there, however, the guy controlling the replay stopped the replay before the elbow was thrown. He did that three times and the refs asked “is that all you have” and he said yes. Fish said he loudly said “bull crap”;but the refs never saw the thrown elbow.

There should be a suspension and fine. That is straight out cheating.

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

unfortunately i feel like we're due to a bad home loss.  We haven't had one of those this year and i am worried it will be this one.

I would prefer a nice 20 point a$$ whooping put on the Minn but i just feel a bit worried about this one.

We did have one already. Purdue was a bad home loss. 

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

unfortunately i feel like we're due to a bad home loss.  We haven't had one of those this year and i am worried it will be this one.

I would prefer a nice 20 point a$$ whooping put on the Minn but i just feel a bit worried about this one.

I would say that the PU game at home was a bad game.  Our other two losses at home Arkansas and Maryland we played well for most of the game but let the game slip away from us.

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Was you sleeping during the Purdue game? That was the worst loss this season!

6 hours ago, IU878176 said:

This pertains to the Illinois game but is unbelievably egregious. On the Dakich show Fish mentioned that Illinois folks controlled the replays the refs saw. Fish was able to see exactly what they showed the refs and stated that when the elbow was thrown he saw the replay on the “control” monitor and it clearly showed the thrown elbow. When the refs got there, however, the guy controlling the replay stopped the replay before the elbow was thrown. He did that three times and the refs asked “is that all you have” and he said yes. Fish said he loudly said “bull crap”;but the refs never saw the thrown elbow.

I'm just boiling over this.  I hope IU faces those overrated punks in the B10 tourney.

6 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Suspension is not enough.  Once you lose the integrity of the game, you have nothing.  Ask Joe Johnson and Jeff Luhnow about how that works.  This isn’t a regular missed call.  It’s outright fraud.  

Minny is 2-7 on the road in the B10 this year, with the wins coming at OSU (by 3) when the Buckeyes were in the throes of a 1-6 stretch and just prior to losing DJ Carton for the year, and at Northwestern...

But they HAVE been competitive in some of their road games...last time out in Madison, they lost by 2...at Happy Valley by 6...at Purdue by 5 in OT...So I don't see them laying down for us...

Control Carr, Kalscheur, and Oturu as well as we did last time, and we'll be ok...

19 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I obviously have no knowledge of who controlled what the officials saw, and what they DID see, but Fischer's reaction was as stated.  It aired on the radio as they came back from a break. Don apologised for it going on the air but also expressed relief that he didn't say something worse.

IMO it would explain why an obviously flagrant foul wasn't called, but it doesn't absolve the official who should have seen it when he called the play.

I'd hope that if things did occur as claimed, Glass was made aware of it and he lodged a complaint with the league (which they would likely disregard).

Archived