Sampson James enters transfer portal

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No offense to the young man but what's he going to do at Bama? Be the assistant strength coach? Not seeing him getting touches at Bama. 

Correct. They already have the #1 ranked RB from his class and a similar ranked 4 star. They added two more for this year that are ranked higher then he was last year. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

No offense to the young man but what's he going to do at Bama? Be the assistant strength coach? Not seeing him getting touches at Bama. 

I thought I saw that he had visited them in high school but not sure if that is true.  He was a top 300 recruit and he does have the talent to play there.

Coaches leaving for better opportunities or more money is one thing. A player leaving in Ramsey’s situation is one thing understandable. Knowing all the playing time he would have saw next year and leaving is telling me something is going on behind the scenes here. 

Does make you wonder what could possibly be going on. If it's all about the Ballou move, you've got to wonder about the thought process after the way he finished last season. I suppose if he's going to transfer to somewhere he would have a no competition situation for the starting job. Is that realistic? If he just can't tolerate splitting carries with Scott, you've got to wonder if you want that kind of attitude on the team despite the talent level.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I thought I saw that he had visited them in high school but not sure if that is true.  He was a top 300 recruit and he does have the talent to play there.

He would get more touches and PT here.  

8 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Wow..this is not good..🤔...this is more then well players transfer every year...whats going on behind the scenes apparently is not good.

Or this individual kid is INCREDIBLY close to Ballou.... and Sampson has absolutely no home life to speak of. 

No reason to blame any of this on our staff before we know anything. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

He would get more touches and PT here.  

That's what tells or suggests to me is something isn't being shared yet. Either we have secured another RB and James didn't like we were recruiting still....or as others have suggested he is really close to Ballou and doesn't want to be far from him....or something else. This is one of those out of nowhere moves that doesn't add up until it does I guess.

From a rivals article: 

Schools are free to contact a player without restriction once their name appears in the portal. While a player entering their name in the transfer portal means they intend to explore their options, it does not necessarily mean they will leave. A player is free to withdraw his name at any time. However, schools are under no obligation to keep a player on scholarship once they enter the portal.

I really hope that Allen can talk him off the ledge.  This one does not make any sense in terms of opportunity.  It has the feel of a guy who made a rash, emotional decision when his mentor decided to leave.  I could be wrong, but basing on the circumstantial facts here, that’s what it points to. 

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Coaches leaving for better opportunities or more money is one thing. A player leaving in Ramsey’s situation is one thing understandable. Knowing all the playing time he would have saw next year and leaving is telling me something is going on behind the scenes here. 

I have noticed on the Hoosier scoop Simone making comments about the LEO culture and alluding to it being the exact opposite in reality for IU football.  It’s just one poster but it does make you wonder.

7 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I have noticed on the Hoosier scoop Simone making comments about the LEO culture and alluding to it being the exact opposite in reality for IU football.  It’s just one poster but it does make you wonder.

Was he posting this previously or did he conveniently wait until AFTER something negative happened to report this? 

I found this interesting........Here is a list of all the teams in the BIGTEN and how many players are on the 2020 transfer portal. We currently have 6  including James, which seems like a lot, but not after looking at the other schools.......GEEZ!

From 24/7 Sports; Number of current players in Transfer Portal;

Illinois-6

Indiana-6 [includes James]

Iowa-5

Maryland-19!

MSU-8

Michigan-11

Minn.-10

Nebraska-14

NW-3

OSU-3

PSU-8

PU-8

Rutgers-17!

Wisc-5

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I found this interesting........Here is a list of all the teams in the BIGTEN and how many players are on the 2020 transfer portal. We currently have 6  including James, which seems like a lot, but not after looking at the other schools.......GEEZ!

Illinois-6

Iowa-5

Maryland-19!

MSU-8

Michigan-11

Minn.-10

Nebraska-14

NW-3

OSU-3

PSU-8

PU-8

Rutgers-17!

Wisc-5

Thank you for this. The Cronk and James things are odd, but I do not think there is some underlying thing wrong with our program. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Thank you for this. The Cronk and James things are odd, but I do not think there is some underlying thing wrong with our program. 

Yes.....You are right, both Cronk and James had me worried, but obviously, CTA has not let off the gas on looking for replacements.  Seeing that huge list of transfers from all the other BIG TEN teams made me feel a bit better. Looks like it happens a lot more that we think. 

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Illinois-6

Iowa-5

Maryland-19!

MSU-8

Michigan-11

Minn.-10

Nebraska-14

NW-3

OSU-3

PSU-8

PU-8

Rutgers-17!

Wisc-5

I think the one school that blew me away the most was Minny! They had an awesome season and still 10 players wanted to transfer......

4 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Who is Simone?  Is he tuned into anything?  I honestly don't know, not being snarky.

Archived