Sampson James enters transfer portal

45 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

This is the part that makes it strange to me. The thing that was best for IU was also best for his pro stock. It isn’t a situation where he had to choose between what was best for his future or the team because they were the same thing. 

I can damn sure bet you the NFL people will be asking him about it. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw.. I'm pretty sure this was just an overreaction in reference to the Ballou news. Sampson's legal guardian is Mark Bless Avon's HC, he doesn't have a ton of family. He doesn't have a ton of positive role models. Ballou was one of them. 

I am glad he thought it through. 

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What's the update with him?

No real update. He is still scheduled to visit March 27th. I just read an article, which I will tag in this post, that made me feel it will be tough to get him to commit. In the article he talks about wanting to play right away, but we already have a really good starter in Stevie Scott. He also states that the strength and conditioning staff is an important factor to him, and Ballou just left. He made these statements before Ballou went to bama. I just don't think we fulfill his two biggest factors. I would love to add him to our RB room, but I think we may be less a less attractive destination than Tennessee or Houston at this moment.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Grad-transfer-running-back-Chase-Hayden-from-Arkansas-looking-forward-to-Indiana-visit-144545287/

3 minutes ago, DireBump said:

No real update. He is still scheduled to visit March 27th. I just read an article, which I will tag in this post, that made me feel it will be tough to get him to commit. In the article he talks about wanting to play right away, but we already have a really good starter in Stevie Scott. He also states that the strength and conditioning staff is an important factor to him, and Ballou just left. He made these statements before Ballou went to bama. I just don't think we fulfill his two biggest factors. I would love to add him to our RB room, but I think we may be less a less attractive destination than Tennessee or Houston at this moment.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Grad-transfer-running-back-Chase-Hayden-from-Arkansas-looking-forward-to-Indiana-visit-144545287/

Tennessee has more returning than we do. Houston would have the best opportunity to play imo.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Tennessee has more returning than we do. Houston would have the best opportunity to play imo.

I agree. I only say Tennessee has an advantage because I am pretty sure they still have their strength & conditioning staff. Plus he is from the state and his dad played football at Tennessee as well. There is still hope for him to come to IU, this is just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, DireBump said:

I agree. I only say Tennessee has an advantage because I am pretty sure they still have their strength & conditioning staff. Plus he is from the state and his dad played football at Tennessee as well. There is still hope for him to come to IU, this is just my opinion.

Right. I understand. I think we're probably out of it as well.. just didnt know if you'd heard anything. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Btw.. I'm pretty sure this was just an overreaction in reference to the Ballou news. Sampson's legal guardian is Mark Bless Avon's HC, he doesn't have a ton of family. He doesn't have a ton of positive role models. Ballou was one of them. 

I read this somewhere else, too. Sounds like he said it was an overreaction. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hopefully this will be something good for Sampson.  Sometimes for kids who grow up without a lot of family, it is tough to see all the people around who are willing to go out of their way to help.  Maybe this will lead him to finding more people who can be a good role model for him.

Archived