Little known facts

rico

I pride myself in being a self-proclaimed "vault of useless knowledge."  Every now and again a fact is brought to my attention that I never knew until it was presented to me.  Sad that it was right in front of me the whole time without me realizing it.  I am a TV western fan and this was told to me today and I never made the connection.

Robert Crawford Jr.(Andy Sherman from the show "Laramie") is Johnny Crawford's(Mark McCain from the show "The Rifleman") are real life brothers.

Damn, I watch those shows almost everyday.  Pitiful.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

For you "Have Gun Will Travel" fans, Gene Roddenberry was a writer on the show.  

From the 1870s to Star Date 353578.88660578395 which is the actual calculated Star Date for June 3rd, 1969...the date of the final Star Trek episode...

Gene covered a lot of ground!

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Little known fact... I've never had a drink of pop (or soda as some of you communists call it) in my life.

What about a Coke ? Growing up in Gary, Indiana, as I did.  And ordering in a restaurant.  We would order a Coke.  And always they would come back with whatever they had.... and never question what we were ordering.  Even though they might not be serving Coke, instead of Pepsi.  It wasn't till I got into the Army after graduating from IU, that I heard the term of soda.  That was in Georgia.  And seemed very strange to me.

Another thing. When ordering iced tea in the South.  The question was always ..... Sweet ?  Heck, I never heard of that in Indiana.

My son is like you, in that he hasn't ever drank anything with caffine in it.

33 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

What about a Coke ? Growing up in Gary, Indiana, as I did.  And ordering in a restaurant.  We would order a Coke.  And always they would come back with whatever they had.... and never question what we were ordering.  Even though they might not be serving Coke, instead of Pepsi.  It wasn't till I got into the Army after graduating from IU, that I heard the term of soda.  That was in Georgia.  And seemed very strange to me.

Another thing. When ordering iced tea in the South.  The question was always ..... Sweet ?  Heck, I never heard of that in Indiana.

My son is like you, in that he hasn't ever drank anything with caffine in it.

Well I drink a lot of coffee lol only black though

18 minutes ago, rico said:

Crystal Gayle graduated from Wabash High School.  Although the home of the Apaches she is of Cherokee descent.

Sister was Loretta Lynn.  Truly a Coal Miner family.  Moved to Wabash due to health reasons from mining.

I had a crush on Crystal Gayle in my much younger days.....Don't it make my brown eyes blue.

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

Little known fact... I've never had a drink of pop (or soda as some of you communists call it) in my life.

I'm the same way with alcohol.  Which is really remarkable considering I'm an IU fan!

I gave up pop about 5 years ago, and haven't had any since.  Oddly enough, I still have random dreams about drinking pop.  Had one last night actually.

18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Alright Lunger let's do it

I blame this line, minus the lunger part, for all the shenanigans that happen after being said. 

For example, I've never been kicked out of wal mart for participating in motorized scooter races after midnight🤥

Also, when whitewater rafting, dont get out of the raft to ride a rapid even if the guide says it's fun. 

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Alright Lunger let's do it

I blame this line, minus the lunger part, for all the shenanigans that happen after being said. 

For example, I've never been kicked out of wal mart for participating in motorized scooter races after midnight🤥

Also, when whitewater rafting, dont get out of the raft to ride a rapid even if the guide says it's fun. 

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I usually blamed those things on beer

Archived