Josh Speidel

Just got on to post this story.  Watching it this morning on Sportscenter and I cam admit my eyes were leaking. Josh has been such an inspiration and young men like him will find a way to be successful.  

Had the privilege to see him play many times in high school and was looking forward to his success at Vermont. He did not disappoint.  He achieved so much more and left a giant impact on many. Thanks Vermont and Albany for allowing this to happen and to Josh for his NEVER GIVE UP attitude. Young man you are a hero to many

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just got on to post this story.  Watching it this morning on Sportscenter and I cam admit my eyes were leaking. Josh has been such an inspiration and young men like him will find a way to be successful.  

Had the privilege to see him play many times in high school and was looking forward to his success at Vermont. He did not disappoint.  He achieved so much more and left a giant impact on many. Thanks Vermont and Albany for allowing this to happen and to Josh for his NEVER GIVE UP attitude. Young man you are a hero to many

Same here!.....Watching him play for Columbus North against our high school was a treat.....he was a beast! He was a man among boys from what I remember seeing.  I always prayed that he would fully recover from his injury, earn his way back onto the floor and be playing competitively before he graduated.

Great story! I hope to say this the right way but in a world where life isn't often fair..can be harsh..this young man's story say's a lot and can teach a lot. We see these "accidents" as a disaster or something awful but then when you see someone overcome such obstacles and with such a wonderful attitude you realize that with everything there is an opportunity to inspire, do something special, and live a life that counts in the biggest way. Congrats to this young man and so many others who will "overcome" and achieve something many thought not possible. Puts so much in perspective and also reminds us that even out of a tragedy there can be something special and life changing come forth.

Archived