Brooks Barnhizer Commits to Northwestern

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Seems like an awful good player not to offer. You literally said "if we don't offer him"

I mean I never say never but as things stand, it is quite unlikely he’ll get a Purdue offer. We only have 1 more spot open and we’re swinging for the fences. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Although he lives in Lafayette, the Purdue connection is pretty light here.

His Dad went there for a year before transferring out.

The family has only lived in Lafayette for two years, lived in Alabama before that, and then all over Indiana, and primarily Indianapolis for most of their childhood.

Indiana wouldn't get involved with someone if the thought was that they would jump to Purdue's arms at the first look.

Does anyone jump into Purdue's arms? lol ooof. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean I never say never but as things stand, it is quite unlikely he’ll get a Purdue offer. We only have 1 more spot open and we’re swinging for the fences. 

I didn't realize your comment was sarcastic from the start. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean I never say never but as things stand, it is quite unlikely he’ll get a Purdue offer. We only have 2 spots open and we’re swinging for the fences. 

You’re recruiting acumen is um....low. I figured you’d pick up a few things spending so much time in here.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He's a Top 150 player from the same town as the University (yes, I count Lafayette and West Lafayette as the same town).  Why would they not offer him?

You could say the exact same thing about Luke Goode too. We’re short on scholarships and have our sights set higher right now. With only 1 scholarship left, we’re going to swing for the fences. 

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Keep swinging. Might still only have warning track power though

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Their dad is from Lapel and is their all time leading scorer. He played at Auburn. The older brother Braxton will probably play DII basketabll and he shoots it a ton but to be honest they wouldn't be more than an average 4A team without the two of them. 

Played against Mark in high school. He was a freshman when I was a senior. If I remember correctly he went to Purdue and transferred after his freshman year.

SIAP.

I talk to a guy today that played for the Dad in high school and he said Dad Barnhizer was a lights out shooter  in practice,said he was always shooting from 25' out just draining shots before or after practice...said its no surprise that his son would be such a good shooter and player...and he said he was a big RMK fan...so they must have some like for the Hoosiers. 

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Those are the type of percentages that say elite shooter! His size should help him too. I’ve been wondering what happened to all of the great shooters in the state. Really interested in this recruitment.

109 attempts isn’t horrible ...about 4-5 per game ...not like he only shot 40 or 50 all season and had a majorly inflated number 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

109 attempts isn’t horrible ...about 4-5 per game ...not like he only shot 40 or 50 all season and had a majorly inflated number 

No doubt. I mean Luke can shoot it...this kid can clearly shoot it. There isn’t a question about that when you are shooting at 45-50% clip from distance. If a kid is facing double teams and still doing that or playing at the 4a level and doing it...says something. Kid should have size to get his shot off in college and hopefully can defend adequately. Having a guy that can just knock down open looks bring off the bench when we need a shot in the arm is great...and then who knows..Junior/senior year could turn into like Cline did during Purdue’s run last year would be ideal.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

No doubt. I mean Luke can shoot it...this kid can clearly shoot it. There isn’t a question about that when you are shooting at 45-50% clip from distance. If a kid is facing double teams and still doing that or playing at the 4a level and doing it...says something. Kid should have size to get his shot off in college and hopefully can defend adequately. Having a guy that can just knock down open looks bring off the bench when we need a shot in the arm is great...and then who knows..Junior/senior year could turn into like Cline did during Purdue’s run last year would be ideal.

Great call ... Plus I generally LOVE coaches kids so that’s a plus ....I haven’t gotten to see him live ....can anyone who has give an opinion on if 1. he is a true 6’6 or just listed that tall and then 2. If you’ve seen him a lot is he a guy who plays mid range slashes and gets to the basket but ends up guarded by bigger kids because of his size thus giving him lots of open shots when he’s at the perimeter or is he Often defended by guards and taking contested perimeter shots ?

shooting 45% wide open is impressive enough but if he’s got guards or athletic bigs keeping him off the line and he’s still knocking down at that rate then I’m REALLY intrigued 

Archived