Brooks Barnhizer Commits to Northwestern

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds intriguing from the article. I'd like to hear first hand impressions from those have seen him play.

Also, I see that he's only lived in Lafayette for only 2 years so it wouldn't be that hard to pull him away from there. That said, he's also only lived in IN for 2 years so probably no real connection to IU, either.

Saw him play at the Hall of Fame Classic.  Good size.  Adequate athleticism.  Coach's son. Heard some grumbling from some of the Laff Jeff fans about the freedom he and his brother have to shoot any time any where.  That's something that happens with virtually every coach's son.  From the two games I saw, it was more of a problem with his brother than with Brooks.  

Is it realistic to get another kid from the Lafayette area?   

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Saw him play at the Hall of Fame Classic.  Good size.  Adequate athleticism.  Coach's son. Heard some grumbling from some of the Laff Jeff fans about the freedom he and his brother have to shoot any time any where.  That's something that happens with virtually every coach's son.  From the two games I saw, it was more of a problem with his brother than with Brooks.  

I was at those games and the one brother would shoot from 30 feet all the time and hos shot selection was bad.  Also living close to new Castle I remember that Sam Alford caught a lot of grief over playing steve as a freshman.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If we don’t offer him :)

Dang.. this kid has some big time #s. 21p, 10r, 5a, 3s a game? Shooting 57% and 45% from 3????.... no fan should complain once about this kid shooting. Shoot it every f'ing time as far as I'm concerned. 

Their dad is from Lapel and is their all time leading scorer. He played at Auburn. The older brother Braxton will probably play DII basketabll and he shoots it a ton but to be honest they wouldn't be more than an average 4A team without the two of them. 

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He's only lived there 2 years. He did attend an IU camp last summer. So I don't see why not.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Their dad is from Lapel and is their all time leading scorer. He played at Auburn. The older brother Braxton will probably play DII basketabll and he shoots it a ton but to be honest they wouldn't be more than an average 4A team without the two of them. 

Would any team be more than average if you took their best two players off the team? 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was at those games and the one brother would shoot from 30 feet all the time and hos shot selection was bad.  Also living close to new Castle I remember that Sam Alford caught a lot of grief over playing steve as a freshman.

Oh, absolutely, the other brother had the worse shot selection of the two.  Like you said, between the two games, the brother probably shot at least a half-dozen or more 30 footers.  But the fans I sat around complained about both.  

Also, forgot to mention that Brooks seemed to have good handles for a bigger guard.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Would any team be more than average if you took their best two players off the team? 

Most of the people that have been complaining up their are just jealous other parents. That's what I was trying to get at. That's why they complain about the Barnhizers shooting so much. 

Although he lives in Lafayette, the Purdue connection is pretty light here.

His Dad went there for a year before transferring out.

The family has only lived in Lafayette for two years, lived in Alabama before that, and then all over Indiana, and primarily Indianapolis for most of their childhood.

Indiana wouldn't get involved with someone if the thought was that they would jump to Purdue's arms at the first look.

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I never said he did. I think it’s a moot point because I’d be shocked if he got a Purdue offer. 

He's a Top 150 player from the same town as the University (yes, I count Lafayette and West Lafayette as the same town).  Why would they not offer him?

Archived