Programs that are primed to a make a big jump next year

" ... and they’ll have as much backcourt experience as anybody in the country."

Yeah, we saw how that worked out this year. But, seriously, I'm pretty excited for next year, mainly based on the continued improvement of Race and Jerome, and I don't think we're losing much. I'd really like to see what Rob can do when he's 100% healthy, too. On paper, this team should be competing for a B1G title next year.

3 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

" ... and they’ll have as much backcourt experience as anybody in the country."

Yeah, we saw how that worked out this year. But, seriously, I'm pretty excited for next year, mainly based on the continued improvement of Race and Jerome, and I don't think we're losing much. I'd really like to see what Rob can do when he's 100% healthy, too. On paper, this team should be competing for a B1G title next year.

Agree with most but i think we have seen what Rob has to offer.  Injured or not, he plays the same.  Jerome i am interested to see him make the jump in Defense and attacking the rim.  He should be more than just a 3 point shooter with his height and athleticism.  TJD needs to work on his mid range shot and finishing strong at the rim.  He misses way to  many point blank shots.  Otherwise one of my favorite players in the last 20 years.

Overall i am excited about next year.  I will be highly disappointed if we're not in the top 4 of the conference and looking like a S16 team by the end of the year.

Go  Hoosier!

3 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

In Purdue's down year, they already a$$-kicked us twice this year. Will they bounce back next year and kick our rear even harder? 

Probably. 

A lot of people refer to Archie Miller as CAM (Coach Archie Miller). I'm going to start calling him CBP (Can't Beat Purdue) until he finally beats Purdue. Not holding my breath on that happening for awhile. 

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hard to put much credence in what Bossi said about Indiana, considering his comment about Trayce POSSIBLY coming back next year.  When Trayce said in February that he was returning.

Trayce Jackson-Davis: 'I'll Be Back Next Year'

I thought it was kind of silly that Trayce even had to say that. I mean, where was he going? 

3 hours ago, MPM said:

Well considering we’ve fallen from 6th, to 9th and now to 11th in the past 3 years, a big jump would be back to 6th. Maybe even a winning conference record can be expected.

That is a pretty misleading way to put it. I'm not in love with Archie's results thus far, but it's hard to argue we aren't improving:

2017-18: 16-15, Kenpom 71, no postseason

2018-19: 19-16, Kenpom 51, NIT

2019-20: 19-11, Kenpom 36, likely NCAAT

There is a long way still to go, but things are moving in the right direction. Bring almost everyone back from a NCAA tourney team, and add a 5 star PG to the mix? Plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

Archived