Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

Happy to get the win and move closer to #20 for the year.

Getting 2 in a row to end the season, especially with one of them against Wisconsin, would be huge for building some momentum.  I actually don't hate the idea of playing on Wednesday next week since it's another chance to increase the win total.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DWB said:

One thing I noticed, (other than walking it up the f****** court) was that the guy with the ball isn't using the screens effectively. They don't drive it even remotely close to the screener in order to rub off their defender. If we're not using the screens, why even set them? 

I was going to comment on this. Seems like only 10% of our screens are effective. Don't get that

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Not the game i was hoping for...but its a W

What you hope for and what this team is, are two different things. Its the team that was picked by everyone to finish 10th and miss the tournament. We all should be happy this team will make the NCAA tournament.

Just now, Indykev said:

What you hope for and what this team is, are two different things. Its the team that was picked by everyone to finish 10th and miss the tournament. We all should be happy this team will make the NCAA tournament.

That was largely because of what a disaster last season was.  If we had remotely met expectations last season we'd have been picked to finish much higher.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This

And we all know kev Is not a sunshine pumper. We are not great, clearly. But steadily improving and staying competitive. 

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

That was largely because of what a disaster last season was.  If we had remotely met expectations last season we'd have been picked to finish much higher.

And we lost our 2 leading scorers from that disaster team.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

So you are saying we have improved from last year, and that excites you?

I agree!   😜

Good win. It was a team win too, a lot of guys with positive contributions.

We are probably in the tournament but I think we need one more to make sure. If we lose to Wisconsin, then take a horrible loss to NW/Neb in the BTT it will be a long few days waiting for the bracket reveal.

1 minute ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Just had a thought. If we end up a 8-9 seed, guarantee we are set up to play a #1 Dayton team in the 2nd round. I would welcome that with open arms.

I guess it would be better than getting shoehorned into a region because of Duke or UK. 

Just now, PhinithreeMagic said:

Just had a thought. If we end up a 8-9 seed, guarantee we are set up to play a #1 Dayton team in the 2nd round. I would welcome that with open arms.

I dont think Dayton will be a 1. Only seen them on the 2 line. But that could happen.

Archived