Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

all kidding s side, there are several posters Or here thatshe zero improvement. Even from the debacle of last year.

I see improvements, but my comments during the in game threads should be immediately deleted after I post them.  I’m irrational, emotional, and stupid during games.  I really need to get a life honestly.....

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Indykev said:

What you hope for and what this team is, are two different things. Its the team that was picked by everyone to finish 10th and miss the tournament. We all should be happy this team will make the NCAA tournament.

We are showing them.
Pre-season they picked us 10th in the conference but we are 10th in the conference.....

That being said....I just want to hear our name called on selection Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I see improvements, but my comments during the in game threads should be immediately deleted after I post them.  I’m irrational, emotional, and stupid during games.  I really need to get a life honestly.....

In the game thread around halftime, I mentioned I need a new hobby. Yet I spent the whole 2nd half pacing around the living room and here I am on the post game thread at 9:30. This is the life I've chosen. No looking back now!

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was actually thinking during this game that I can’t wait to feel like that again during games in March.  That used to be how I was during every game, but the last three seasons have just beaten it out of me.  This was a must-win to keep IU in the tournament picture, a back-and-forth game with multiple lead changes in the second half... And I watched the entire game with absolutely zero emotion.  I’m still invested, I still want them to make the tournament badly... But the energy just isn’t there for me anymore.  Hopefully they give me a reason to get back into it soon, whether it’s this season or next.

4 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

We are showing them.
Pre-season they picked us 10th in the conference but we are 10th in the conference.....

That being said....I just want to hear our name called on selection Sunday. 

Oh for the love of god, 10-10 would be the 7th right now. Don’t go by seeding in a unbalanced schedule....

Conference standings are valued too much this year. This team is better than it was last year and will be better next year than it is now. 

Every team except two is a Quad 1 road game in this conference. Roughly 8 teams are Quad 1 games even at home. The B10 is a gauntlet and there will be good and bad nights when you lack upperclassman leadership. The 1st and 2nd year guys are learning how to win in the best conference in the country.

College basketball is an environment where success that is built overnight can also disappear overnight. I firmly believe patience will pay off with Archie.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I was actually thinking during this game that I can’t wait to feel like that again during games in March.  That used to be how I was during every game, but the last three seasons have just beaten it out of me.  This was a must-win to keep IU in the tournament picture, a back-and-forth game with multiple lead changes in the second half... And I watched the entire game with absolutely zero emotion.  I’m still invested, I still want them to make the tournament badly... But the energy just isn’t there for me anymore.  Hopefully they give me a reason to get back into it soon, whether it’s this season or next.

You need a drink.....

28 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Would you rather they lose?

No but is it a bit disheartening when you see Purdue who is less talented than us beating MSU and Iowa by 30 yet we barely squeak by bottom feeders like NW, Nebraska, and Minnesota.   Bottom line I'm glad we won but the game was way too close for comfort.  Good thing we play Wisconsin on Saturday so I'll be drunk and happy either way.

4 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Oh for the love of god, 10-10 would be the 7th right now. Don’t go by seeding in a unbalanced schedule....

Relax.

“For the love of god”???....He said we were picked 10th in the conference and we are indeed 10th in the conference.   
Are we  supposed to not acknowledge we are 10th in the conference?

I’m just glad it looks like we are going to the tourney as it’s good for the program and a sign of progress.

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

No but is it a bit disheartening when you see Purdue who is less talented than us beating MSU and Iowa by 30 yet we barely squeak by bottom feeders like NW, Nebraska, and Minnesota.   Bottom line I'm glad we won but the game was way too close for comfort.  Good thing we play Wisconsin on Saturday so I'll be drunk and happy either way.

Purdue is f&$king 16-14....and will end the regular season with 15 losses. Same as IU LAST YEAR. You know the season you keep b****ing about?

Purdue was picked top 5 preseason...ah f**k it.....It’s not worth it

1 minute ago, JugRox said:

Purdue is f&$king 16-14....and will end the regular season with 15 losses. Same as IU LAST YEAR. You know the season you keep bitching about?

Purdue was picked top 5 preseason...ah f**k it.....It’s not worth it

They were picked top 5 solely because of that elite 8 run which was all Carson Edwards.   

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Are we talking about the Purdue team that got beat by 20+ at Illinois, the Purdue team that got beat by 17 at home by Illinois, or the Purdue team that lost at Ohio State by 16?

44 minutes ago, Indykev said:

What you hope for and what this team is, are two different things. Its the team that was picked by everyone to finish 10th and miss the tournament. We all should be happy this team will make the NCAA tournament.

I feel a Dennis Green former Arizona FB coach outburst ...."We are who they said we are"

37 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just keep them recruiting tidbits coming and we will overlook comments during the game..😁

2 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

The tool Lunardi has IU “last four in” with Stanford, Texas and Cincinnati.

Not sure what happened to him but 10+ years ago he was the best.  Now he’s not even a top 10 bracketologist.  I’d say we’d be an 8-10 seed at the moment.  Win against Wisky and Nebraska and we could get to a 7.  Win those 2 plus 2 in the BTT maybe a 6.  That’s as far ahead as I’m willing to go because we suck donkey b*lls in the BTT.

I didn't get to watch the game, but the shooting numbers (especially free throws) seem to indicate that we outplayed them to the extent of double digit win, but didn't shoot well enough to prove it. This Minnesota team nearly beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin just a few days ago. I call this a good win. We did what we needed to do tonight and now it comes down to finishing it off on Saturday. A win and Deron and Devonte escape the ignominy of being four year seniors who never made the tournament.

That is actually where I find my nerves emanating from for Saturday. Over the past four years I have detected the wrong kind of response to pressure from leaders on our team. I think that is the biggest culture change that Archie is trying to accomplish.

Since Robert Johnson and James Blackmon Junior et al were leading our team, we have tended to respond to pressure with a bit too much of "cool, calm, and collected" rather than the "I don't give a shit" competitiveness that Archie was talking about after Illinois. This is what I saw from Juwan Morgan the last two years and tend to see from our players this year as well (I think that it contributed to the emotional flatness of our Purdue Performance at home). 

We need to come out on Saturday with the desire to put the other team in the ground...not just win.

P.S --> I think that it is a pretty good coaching job by Archie to have kept the team together like this...we are in "win close" mode for sure, and that's not that comfortable a feeling, but just think if you could change ten minutes of basketball total for this team you could add four wins easy (at Illinois, Home vs Maryland, Home Vs Arkansas, and change the last three minutes of the first half at home vs Purdue and that game is way different). we are close to breaking through I believe....

now, please move any post other than TJD and DD to the short corner and open up some driving space on offense...please

Archived