The Indiana University vs Wisconsin Pre-Grame Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I hate the early starts.  I wonder if the guys out west like Mile are allowed to drink beer during the game or would the Mrs give them the "look" given that it's only 9 or 10 am.

Yep. Game starts at 10 a.m. for me. You know the old saying.  It's always five p.m. somewhere.  Two things about an early start for me, on a weekend.  An IU win sets the entire day for me. I continue to watch CBB.  An IU loss... and I lose interest in CBB for the rest of the day.   Forget the other games the day we lose. And turn on Netflix. And can't wait till Live PD to come on.

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Question is, since it is Senior Night, does CAM start all of the seniors????😬

I just want them to make a difference in the outcome knowing that they will be assured of going to the dance for the first time and with momentum! Never thought about “starting” but how they finish.

26 minutes ago, hoosierfan615 said:

I just want them to make a difference in the outcome knowing that they will be assured of going to the dance for the first time and with momentum! Never thought about “starting” but how they finish.

in high school games in my area, all coaches start all seniors on Senior Night.  seems like college it is not very common right?

18 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

in high school games in my area, all coaches start all seniors on Senior Night.  seems like college it is not very common right?

Well in college millions of dollars and jobs are on the line.   It's a bit different than high school. 

UW is like the anti-IU in that they always have lots of 3 point threats. We've got to find a way (some effort, some scheme, some luck?) to control them in that area. If they get hot, it's going to be hard to compete trading 2s for 3s. That an secure the glass when/if they are missing. Then just hope for the best on offense. No 10 minute droughts please! Team needs to be juiced and the atmosphere too. Couldn't get any sweeter than racking up #20 while denying them a share of the regular season title.

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Wisconsin has been stellar at home, 15-1.  But are the greatest road warriors at 5-6

Life in the B10 is too much for even the Wisconsin Badgers!  Man I don’t like to hate but then there’s the Badgers Grrrrrrr!  I’m hoping the HALL runs these BLEEP, I mean Badgers right back to their little hole in the ground they call den!!!  Lets GO Hoosiers 

4 hours ago, D-BONE said:

UW is like the anti-IU in that they always have lots of 3 point threats. We've got to find a way (some effort, some scheme, some luck?) to control them in that area. If they get hot, it's going to be hard to compete trading 2s for 3s. That an secure the glass when/if they are missing. Then just hope for the best on offense. No 10 minute droughts please! Team needs to be juiced and the atmosphere too. Couldn't get any sweeter than racking up #20 while denying them a share of the regular season title.

Wisconsin reminds me of Purdue, when you watch them against anybody else their broke but somehow turn into Superheroes when they play IU.  So frustrating but the key here is just what you alluded to, NO DROUGHTS!!!  We Beat MSU, should have MD, got screwed vs Illinois & got blown out vs Wisconsin.  Assembly Hall needs to treat this game like a top team is coming into OUR house!!!  We must protect OUR house!!!  

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Trying to be positive but I'm 50/50 on this game. Need the win but for some reason the gods have been generous to Wisconsin.  Hope one day we can pencil the Wisconsin game in as a W before the season starts.  Like it used to be. 

Guard the perimeter, and beat their brains in on the boards...

Davison (the junk punching punk) has been leading their scoring lately. We held him down last time and I'm sure we can handle him this time...just wear a cup...

6 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

We need to remember that Rob didn't play in our first matchup. That will be the difference maker here.

Also.....Damezi won't be playing 20 minutes like he did last time. Yikes. 

The New Race + Rob + Home Crowd - Kobe Kings 24pts = W for our Hoosiers. 

It is amazing how different both teams are. Add to your point about IU, Armaan Franklin started that game and played 24 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I like Franklin and this isn't a knock on him but he's a freshmen backup at this point in his career. Why did we think we would win that game with no Phinisee, and Anderson and Franklin combining to play 44 minutes? 

Would love to see Deron and Devonte have big games getting a W on Senior Night.   

We are a much better and healthier team this go around.  We are much better defending the 3 over the last several games (with exception of Ihnen 1st half of Wednesday's game).  If we go with Brunk and TJD to start the game, we need to use the mismatch inside to our advantage and get early buckets in the paint.  

31 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Dakich has me worried he just said IU  over Wisconsin is his lock of the week

I just don't see it.  Their offense will shred the pack line like a machete through butter.  Lunardi seems to think we're out if we lose tomorrow so we'd better pray for a win.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just don't see it.  Their offense will shred the pack line like a machete through butter.  Lunardi seems to think we're out if we lose tomorrow so we'd better pray for a win.

It's been repeated numerous times that Lunardi is one of the worst rated bracketologists. 

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's about the only one. Most brackets have IU as a 9-10 seed with 8-12 at-large teems seeded lower. No way a loss to WI, which Lunardi has as a 4 seed, knocks out the Hoosiers.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Lunardi is a hack and a joke and rated one of the worst in his business.  As for the game tomorrow I wouldn't base everything on out last game up there.  One we had no RP and Franklin and Anderson had to play 20 plus minutes and that won't be the case this time.  There leading scorer(King) is no longer on the team and he torched us for 24 last time.  Also we are just playing a lot better right now so I don't expect another blowout loss in AH.  I thought you were turning the corner and getting some positivity to you but I guess it did not last long.

IU 73

UW 68

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

It's not even worth responding to dbm. Its the same stuff over and over and over. . . . 

He might be the worst bracketologist.   But I still think we need to win one more game to get in.  Lose tomorrow and on Wednesday and we'll have finished the season losing 9 of 12 I believe. 

Archived