The Indiana University vs Wisconsin Pre-Grame Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

He might be the worst bracketologist.   But I still think we need to win one more game to get in.  Lose tomorrow and on Wednesday and we'll have finished the season losing 9 of 12 I believe. 

You did not say anything about the BTT, you just said if they lose to UW they would be out which is not the case.  If we lose to them then beat Neb. I still see us being in for sure.

Just now, IU Scott said:

You did not say anything about the BTT, you just said if they lose to UW they would be out which is not the case.  If we lose to them then beat Neb. I still see us being in for sure.

I said we'd possibly be out for now.  Not that we couldn't get back in.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He might be the worst bracketologist.   But I still think we need to win one more game to get in.  Lose tomorrow and on Wednesday and we'll have finished the season losing 9 of 12 I believe. 

I have been saying for weeks. Need 20 wins to qualify. That has not changed. However, there is another side to the equation. And that is... teams from qualifying conferences who are not expected to get in.... going on a run and winning their conference. Those teams bump everyone down. And of course need to consider other bubble teams that show good in their conference tournaments.  In other words, there is a lot that goes into the equation.  20 wins is just the first step.

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm going for the inside straight. Hoosiers win tomorrow and Rutgers knocks off the Boilers. Hoosiers play Thurs in BTT.

Since we will probably not make a run and win the conference tournament playing Wednesday might be better.  We would more than likely beat Neb. and then have probably play Iowa which is very winnable.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Since we will probably not make a run and win the conference tournament playing Wednesday might be better.  We would more than likely beat Neb. and then have probably play Iowa which is very winnable.

I agree.  This would be more realistic path to finally rack up a few BTT wins.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

IU doesn’t have a loss outside the NET 50. Avoid Wed. & that can’t happen 

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU doesn’t have a loss outside the NET 50. Avoid Wed. & that can’t happen 

I'd rather just take care of business against a very beatable team to pad the resume with another win. Plus, the path out of the 11 seed is much more manageable. 

22 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I hate the early starts.  I wonder if the guys out west like Mile are allowed to drink beer during the game or would the Mrs give them the "look" given that it's only 9 or 10 am.

I plan on being at an outside patio bar by 9:30, drinking either mimosas or bloody Mary's. I then plan on napping from 2-5. 

Most bars out here have large build your own bloody's or mimosas bar. 

Regardless of did or didn't play last time.  If we play the same lose defense on the 3, Wisconsin is going to shoot us out of Assembly Hall.  I hate Wisconsin as much as anything in my life.  But they win games.  Both at home and on the road and are riding a 7 game winning streak and playing for a part of a conference title.  We need to man up and take it to them all game and still might lose.  But if we don't score for 10 minute stretches, goodnight!

Go Hoosiers

8 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Regardless of did or didn't play last time.  If we play the same lose defense on the 3, Wisconsin is going to shoot us out of Assembly Hall.  I hate Wisconsin as much as anything in my life.  But they win games.  Both at home and on the road and are riding a 7 game winning streak and playing for a part of a conference title.  We need to man up and take it to them all game and still might lose.  But if we don't score for 10 minute stretches, goodnight!

Go Hoosiers

As an IU fan I have never understood why people hate UW so much.  They play the style of play that a lot of long time Hoosiers enjoy watching and they played like we use to do.  To me they have never been like a rival who I would hate and I actually enjoy watching them play unless they are playing IU.  They are playing really well right now but if you look at their schedule it has been on the easy side lately.  They have played NW, Neb. Minnesota, Rutgers, Purdue and UM in the last 6 games.  Also 4 of the last 5 have been at home which is always good for UW.  the last two at home against Minnesota and NW they have not played as well as they were earlier.  it took a 3 in the last minute to take a lead against Minnesota.

13 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I will be there for my first ever game. I’ve been to several Hoosier hysteria’s but never an actual game. I’m extremely excited I want and hope we win but I’m just pumped to be going  

Have a great time.  I have been to a few games in AH over the years and it is such a  great environment to watch a game.  Most of the ones I went to was a long time ago when they had the holiday tournament so I did not get to see many close games.  The last one I went to was a couple of years ago and it was  my first big ten game and that was against NW

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As an IU fan I have never understood why people hate UW so much.  They play the style of play that a lot of long time Hoosiers enjoy watching and they played like we use to do.  To me they have never been like a rival who I would hate and I actually enjoy watching them play unless they are playing IU.  They are playing really well right now but if you look at their schedule it has been on the easy side lately.  They have played NW, Neb. Minnesota, Rutgers, Purdue and UM in the last 6 games.  Also 4 of the last 5 have been at home which is always good for UW.  the last two at home against Minnesota and NW they have not played as well as they were earlier.  it took a 3 in the last minute to take a lead against Minnesota.

Because they have kicked our ass for 20 years and the grinch was their coach. When he left we thought it would go back to pre 1999 and it hasn’t. We are jealous of their sustained success getting lesser players and better results. Well that’s for me anyway. Idk about the rest of you. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Because they have kicked our ass for 20 years and the grinch was their coach. When he left we thought it would go back to pre 1999 and it hasn’t. We are jealous of their sustained success getting lesser players and better results. Well that’s for me anyway. Idk about the rest of you. 

Ok but I remember back when we beat them 31 straight times so they just never bothered me.

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just hate everything about that state.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

In a lot of cases...at least for me.  It's not the players. But the fans.  Wisconsin fans are not as bad as Illinois fans when it comes to dissing IU. However Wisconsin fans do their share in trashing IU. And oh boy, do the Illinois fans still hate Bruce Pearl over the fact that he turned Illinois in to the NCAA while he was an assistant at Iowa. At a time that Illinois was already on probation for previous infractions.  Funny thing about that, even though his charge was not upheld by the NCAA.... but the fact that due to Pearl's,  charges  and subsequent investigation and investigation into it, the NCAA found several unreported violations. Which led more years of probation for Illinois.

Illinois fans gloat that Pearl's charges were dismissed by the NCAA.... all the while never mentioning that Illinois was covering up for infractions... while still being on probation.

And of course.... we could talk about the trash thrown towards IU over Eric Gordon from Illinois fans. So bad that Gordon's father had to hire body guards before he and his family  attended Eric's game in Illinois. 

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

In a lot of cases...at least for me.  It's not the players. But the fans.  Wisconsin fans are not as bad as Illinois fans when it comes to dissing IU. However Wisconsin fans do their share in trashing IU. And oh boy, do the Illinois fans still hate Bruce Pearl over the fact that he turned Illinois in to the NCAA while he was an assistant at Iowa. At a time that Illinois was already on probation for previous infractions.  Funny thing about that, even though his charge was not upheld by the NCAA.... but the fact that due to Pearl's,  charges  and subsequent investigation and investigation into it, the NCAA found several unreported violations. Which led more years of probation for Illinois.

Illinois fans gloat that Pearl's charges were dismissed by the NCAA.... all the while never mentioning that Illinois was covering up for infractions... while still being on probation.

And of course.... we could talk about the trash thrown towards IU over Eric Gordon from Illinois fans. So bad that Gordon's father had to hire body guards before he and his family  attended Eric's game in Illinois. 

I have never new any UW fans.  The only one I ever met was at Disney World a few years ago and he did not like Crean at all.  He was in school administration and it was the school that Wesley Mathews went to and he said his interaction with him was not good.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think I hate them more than (gasp) Purdue. Maybe its because we're too close/birds of a feather in ways that I don't want to admit, but I'm so sick and tired of them beating us. Their sustained excellence has coincided with the worst period of our long and illustrious history, and it's a painful reminder of what we are not. They have won more with less, more consistently (in recent memory) than we have and it suuuuucks.

And I feel with owe them a curbstomping in football as well. Haven't given them a good whoopin' since the Randle El & Levron Williams days.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have never new any UW fans.  The only one I ever met was at Disney World a few years ago and he did not like Crean at all.  He was in school administration and it was the school that Wesley Mathews went to and he said his interaction with him was not good.

Lot of anti-Crean sentiment in my interaction with the cheeseheads. Maybe some of us have a lot in common with them there. My wife's from WI and we go up there every summer. Love the state. Great people and beautiful. Doesn't mean I don't like kicking the shit out of them when we get the chance on the sports field.

Archived