The Indiana University vs Wisconsin Pre-Grame Thread

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have never new any UW fans.  The only one I ever met was at Disney World a few years ago and he did not like Crean at all.  He was in school administration and it was the school that Wesley Mathews went to and he said his interaction with him was not good.

Probably not a Crean fan, since Coach Crean coached Marquette before IU. Wisconsin fans dislike Marquette and Minnesota.  Trash both of those schools equally.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here to post two stats that could mean nothing, but could help you feel a little more positive about Wisconsin tomorrow.

1. Archie in March (regular season) - That one stat about Archie being 6-4 in March was making the rounds the other day, but when you take out the BTT and NIT, he is actually 4-1 in regular season Big Ten March games. 3 of the wins have been at home with an average scoring margin of 7.33, the 1 we won away was by 18, and the sole loss was only by 1 point (Illinois, so if you want to argue 4 I guess you could).

2. Archie in last 6 regular season games - I've posted this once or twice in other threads but although all three Archie seasons have been up and down, he has ended each of the last two winning 4 of the last 6 in the regular season. This season, in the last 5 games he has been 3-2 so a win tomorrow will make it three straight seasons he closed out being 4-2 in the last 6. As much as we criticize him for not having the guys play consistent throughout a season, consistent play to close out each year would be nice (I know you could argue it's like someone consistently cramming for an exam last second and doing ok, but we are focusing on the positives). 

BONUS: Say we lose and now we have to go into the BTT, which everyone knows hasn't been too kind to us. People like to focus on us stinking out loud in the BTT...HOWEVER...we are actually good at Bankers Life Fieldhouse (last two BTT were in United Center and MSG). We are currently 3-0 under Archie at BLF with an average margin of victory of 2.67. Now here's a good highlight from 2014 where we upset not only #3 at the time, but an undefeated (16-0) Wisconsin Badgers. Let's beat Wisconsin and secure that tourney birth tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So..... Will the house be full of fans? Students on spring break?

Not sure about the house but not spring break yet. I only know this because I follow student migratory patterns so I know when best to make a trip to Bloomington. 

I attempted to run a 100 miler today and usually I would be disappointed that I dropped out. Honestly, prior to the race I was mad that I would miss the Indiana game.
Well I guess the world (or whatever you believe) works in awesome ways because now I can watch my Hoosiers play at 12 noon and listen to you all in the game thread.

42 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I attempted to run a 100 miler today and usually I would be disappointed that I dropped out. Honestly, prior to the race I was mad that I would miss the Indiana game.
Well I guess the world (or whatever you believe) works in awesome ways because now I can watch my Hoosiers play at 12 noon and listen to you all in the game thread.

Impressive attempt. Sad that you did not finish. But happy that you are able to join us for our game against Wisconsin.  Perhaps someone above telling you not to miss a win by our Hoosiers ? 

11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Can we get Devonte's big bro to come to the game today?

Seriously though, I would love if FSU Devonte showed up today for his last game at Assembly Hall.  If we get a W today, I feel comfortable about our NCAA chances.

I know it’s been said before but I think if we hit 20 wins, and 10-10 in conference with the wins we have, and ZERO bad losses, we are a lock. Even if we still finish in the 11 spot (which I expect). Gonna be pulling big for Rutgers today too. For seeding and NCAA purposes. 

46 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Can we get Devonte's big bro to come to the game today?

Seriously though, I would love if FSU Devonte showed up today for his last game at Assembly Hall.  If we get a W today, I feel comfortable about our NCAA chances.

I think that's our only chance.   We need Devonte to go off.

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'll take a balanced team attack thumping.  Been awhile since we saw crisp ball movement and lots of swishes.  We are due.  

Well we can't trade 3s for 2s and win.  I see Wisconsin hitting a bunch of 3s.  We need Devonte to be on fire from deep.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Well we can't trade 3s for 2s and win.  I see Wisconsin hitting a bunch of 3s.  We need Devonte to be on fire from deep.

If we play defense on the perimeter like we're capable of, Bucky WON'T be hitting a bunch of 3s. Rob will be the difference defensively...

@NotIThatLives has it right...

Archived