IU makes NCAA but can you go to games....no fans for march madness!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is not as bad as the conference tournaments because there will only be 8 teams at a location instead of maybe 14 at the conference tournament.

It's worse.  Everyone goes to the conference tournament, then goes home.  Don't get me wrong; this will spread the virus quickly, too.

For the NCAA tournament, you have at least 16 fanbases traveling to two separate locations, and at least 4 traveling to three locations.  You also have people coming from literally everywhere in the US vs. regionally located for conference tournaments.

6 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

It's worse.  Everyone goes to the conference tournament, then goes home.  Don't get me wrong; this will spread the virus quickly, too.

For the NCAA tournament, you have at least 16 fanbases traveling to two separate locations, and at least 4 traveling to three locations.  You also have people coming from literally everywhere in the US vs. regionally located for conference tournaments.

Actually there are 8 teams for each location and for the 1st/2nd round there are 8 locations.

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And, no opening day for the Reds.

this is getting out of hand if you ask me.  We might as well just close the whole country and keep everyone from going to work and school and just stay isolated in their houses.  The only problem with that  is that we couldn't eat since the grocery stores and restaurant's will be closed as well

2 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Heard on the Radio at lunch Houston may not allow fans at big events until after March.  NCAA South Regional?  Maybe they want the hatred towards that cheat'n baseball to subside some.

Can you imagine playing in a huge stadium and no one being in their to watch.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

this is getting out of hand if you ask me.  We might as well just close the whole country and keep everyone from going to work and school and just stay isolated in their houses.  The only problem with that  is that we couldn't eat since the grocery stores and restaurant's will be closed as well

Kroger click list with the workers wearing full hazmat suits🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

OT but related... the Golden State Warriors will play games without fans.  Can't have gatherings larger than 1000 there apparently.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Not sports related. However, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune announced they will be taping shows in empty studios.

Archived