IU makes NCAA but can you go to games....no fans for march madness!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very doubtful the tournament will be played at all.  I was one of those people who thought this was overblown but after more thought, no reason to take a chance.  I certainly hope Hoiberg didn't coach with the virus tonight and put a bunch of people at risk.  Doesn't sound like he has it, but man.  Not a good look to coach like that in this environment.  If this was the last game of the season, which I think it may have been, it was good to see a lot of improvement the last several weeks.

The tournament is my favorite sporting event, but without the fans in attendance, I think I'd rather they just cancel it completely. Was thinking about this last night, but games without fans would just be really odd. Aside from the game itself, there is the added value of the crowd getting behind a Cinderella that's making a run, or just getting into the games in general. When they had the riots in Baltimore, the Orioles had to play a game with no fans, and it was really, really weird to watch. 

At any rate, stay safe, folks. 

7 hours ago, bobtcat2 said:

Very doubtful the tournament will be played at all.  I was one of those people who thought this was overblown but after more thought, no reason to take a chance.  I certainly hope Hoiberg didn't coach with the virus tonight and put a bunch of people at risk.  Doesn't sound like he has it, but man.  Not a good look to coach like that in this environment.  If this was the last game of the season, which I think it may have been, it was good to see a lot of improvement the last several weeks.

The NCAA has about $1 billion on the line. Saw just now where Fred was diagnosed with influenza.  Irresponsible to coach in that condition and having had the flu twice dont know how he mustered the energy to do it. 

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Heard on the radio on my way to work.  ACC has issued a statement about an announcement at 9:30.  Speculation is that the conference tournament will be cancelled.

This season is over guys and gals.

I heard Lunardi and the Sesame Street gang are going fill out his bracket to determine a winner for this year..🤪

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Apparently the big ten is still on as teams have been told to prepare to play today — as scheduled — with no fans

As with last night in the NBA, we should all be prepared for this to change and adjust really quickly. A lot can change between now and when IU-Penn State is supposed to tip off. 

Archived