Senior night, Green and Davis.

I believe these young mean deserve a thread for their service to our great university. 

Lord knows Green has drove many of us nuts with his sporadic play, I for one am hoping this young man has his best game to date Saturday. 

As far as Davis goes, there’s honestly no telling what this young man could have accomplished had he been able to stay healthy. 

Thank you both for your time here!

Thank you for starting this thread.  I  appreciate it in terms of De'Ron, especially.  Most of you know I have had a special relationship with him in Colorado. Following him since he was an 8th grader. And going to many of his Overland high school games during the time he was in high school. Two time state champ ! Was there when Coach Crean showed up for one of his games.  Having talked  to his mom, and many of his friends. All of which were great. Ironically was showing friends of ours pictures of De'Ron and myself just past Sunday. And recall the smile on De'Ron's mom face while we took the pictures with our IU gear on.

In terms of Devonte,  just as with De'Ron.  Both have worked hard.  And neither has brought any shame to IU.

Green is a polarizing player, but I’ll always like him. I don’t buy that we would’ve been better without him the last 3 years as he is about our only player able to create a shot.

Both he and Deron could’ve transferred and many in their shoes would have, and for that we should be grateful. Let’s hope we finish the season in a way they can remember!

26 minutes ago, madmax said:

Both he and Deron could’ve transferred and many in their shoes didn’t, and for that we should be grateful. Let’s hope we finish the season in a way they can remember!

It would be a shame if they were the last NOT have have gotten into the NCAAT.

Green has frustrated me as much as any of you at times, but for some reason I’ve always liked the kid and pulled for him. Maybe because he was one of Little Keet’s first favorite IU players along with Juwan and Rob Johnson. I’d love for him to go out with a bang at Assembly Hall in Saturday. 

How cool would it be for Mr Green to lead the Hoosiers in Victory on Sat to secure their first bid under CAM!!  If this happens, I hope ALL of HSN remembers the good memories of Greens career and forgives THE moments.  For whatever reason his career didn’t meet our expectations but again this is Indiana & I hope there is lenience.  This is a hi profile recruit & a big name that I feel HSN would benefit taking the hi road and congratulate him no matter how this story ends!  Good times ahead!!

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

It would be a shame if they were the last NOT have have gotten into the NCAAT.

It’s been a disappointing career for Deron Mile but I can’t help but APPRECIATE his professionalism in handling the disappointments by giving his ALL to end his Hoosier career!  I swear, I’ve screamed ALL season at CAM to play more DD as he straight up BALLS when he’s on the court.  I would like to see the Hoosiers analytics when he’s on the court vs when he’s not to see if the eye test holds true.  His only knock is quick foul trouble from bad positioning or lack of basketball IQ but I liked what I’ve seen this yr!  I’m hoping these two Seniors go out with astonishing memories.

Real easy for me. They chose IU and dealt with us. Forever indebted to them. Might be a meal or a drink but if I see them in public or run across them I'll always tell them how grateful I am as a fan for their play.

Similar to running into Coverdale at Crooked Stick a couple years ago. Walked up and said thanks for 02. He was kind of shocked that we remembered. As always....IU fans remember. Good and bad and I hope most appreciate the stage, the platform and the drama that comes with being an IU player. Takes major stones to play on this stage. Not for everyone. Kudos to these kids and their time at IU. Thanks Devonte and De'ron!

Not doubt, Deron is one of - if not our best passer. He’s really good sharing the for a big man. I swear he’s had a crazy target of his back when it comes to getting 2 fouls fast. Poor fella can hardly get in the groove for fouling .

23 minutes ago, H00sier said:

Not doubt, Deron is one of - if not our best passer. He’s really good sharing the for a big man. I swear he’s had a crazy target of his back when it comes to getting 2 fouls fast. Poor fella can hardly get in the groove for fouling .

What I don’t get is the B10 is a physical league except when Deron Davis checks into the lineup!  Guys get hammered driving into the lane w/ no call but DD gets called just for looking at his guy wrong.  No explanation 

3 hours ago, loviubb said:

I wish to give BOTH THESE YOUNG MEN MY THANKS FOR CHOSING TO PLAY FOR IU!!! I hope both have big games Sat. as we need them to curb stomp Bucky and lets both of these young men Play in the NCAA TOURNEY!!! Again THANK YOU BOTH!!!!🏀

LORD knows there is NO BETTER chance to go out on a high note than what Sat offers!  Maybe it’s the 73 pts vs our FB team or the 20 yr losing streak at their STUPID shopping center but no team in the  B10 pisses me off more than them.  I get it when they had Frank or Nigel or even Bo Ryan but how in the H E Double LL do we continue to get slaughtered?  Someone always has a career day when we play them but SAT is at THE HALL!!!  Time to end this NONSENSE 

31 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

LORD knows there is NO BETTER chance to go out on a high note than what Sat offers!  Maybe it’s the 73 pts vs our FB team or the 20 yr losing streak at their STUPID shopping center but no team in the  B10 pisses me off more than them.  I get it when they had Frank or Nigel or even Bo Ryan but how in the H E Double LL do we continue to get slaughtered?  Someone always has a career day when we play them but SAT is at THE HALL!!!  Time to end this NONSENSE 

Wisconsin sucked ass at everything for about 60 yrs.  until Barry Alvarez came along.  And from everything I have read he is an asshole but successful.  But Wisconsin is soon too take their rightful place as the punching bag of the B1G. Let our hoosiers be the ones to get started on it. 

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Wisconsin sucked ass at everything for about 60 yrs.  until Barry Alvarez came along.  And from everything I have read he is an asshole but successful.  But Wisconsin is soon too take their rightful place as the punching bag of the B1G. Let our hoosiers be the ones to get started on it. 

“Soon” can’t happen fast enough as every yr they churn Heisman candidate RB’s and the BB team overachieves!  

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Real easy for me. They chose IU and dealt with us. Forever indebted to them. Might be a meal or a drink but if I see them in public or run across them I'll always tell them how grateful I am as a fan for their play.

Similar to running into Coverdale at Crooked Stick a couple years ago. Walked up and said thanks for 02. He was kind of shocked that we remembered. As always....IU fans remember. Good and bad and I hope most appreciate the stage, the platform and the drama that comes with being an IU player. Takes major stones to play on this stage. Not for everyone. Kudos to these kids and their time at IU. Thanks Devonte and De'ron!

Thanks to De'Ron and Devonte for their 4 years at IU. Hope they go out on a high note...

I met Tom Coverdale at the 04 IU-Northwestern game in Evanston (we lost). There was a concession stand in the hallway where the visiting players locker room was. He was there and I thanked him and told him I was proud of him for his 4 years at IU. He was very appreciative...

Then the 04 team came by from warm-ups. He was kidding with Fife (who was a grad assistant), but the looks and words exchanged between Tom, Bracey Wright, and Marshall Strickland didn't seem overly friendly...

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Thanks to De'Ron and Devonte for their 4 years at IU. Hope they go out on a high note...

I met Tom Coverdale at the 04 IU-Northwestern game in Evanston (we lost). There was a concession stand in the hallway where the visiting players locker room was. He was there and I thanked him and told him I was proud of him for his 4 years at IU. He was very appreciative...

Then the 04 team came by from warm-ups. He was kidding with Fife (who was a grad assistant), but the looks and words exchanged between Tom, Bracey Wright, and Marshall Strickland didn't seem overly friendly...

Exactly the reason we should be thankful for guys like Green and Davis for sticking it out.

The 02-03 team with Tom and others is why it's so hard for a coach to come in mesh older players with new players. Coverdale and Hornsby get Davis the contract because of 02 run....and guarantees Wright, Strickland (no fault of their own) playing time. Doesn't surprise me a bit to hear of the conflict there. Vets pushed aside for new penny. 

I've been as hard on Green as anyone, but I appreciate his efforts, and he does seem like a good guy who has been through a lot. As for De'Ron, man, what could have been if he had been healthy - think we had another DJ White on our hands until the injuries started up. Best wishes to both of these guys in the future.

I appreciate any player who decides to play at IU and sticks it out for 4 years and they should get the fans appreciation.  These two has take a lot of heat from the fans and even though it might be warranted because of their play I think they took to much from the fans.  These kids put so much time and effort on and off the court for this university that we as fans don't see.  I just feel bad that I sometimes rip Green because I am not the one that has put the blood, sweat and tears for 4 years trying to get better and getting my degree.  We have no idea what these kids go through off the court that could be causing their poor play and it could be something going on at home that we don't know about.

Thank you to Devonte and De'ron for choosing to play basketball for IU and all the hard work you have put in for our entertainment.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I appreciate any player who decides to play at IU and sticks it out for 4 years and they should get the fans appreciation.  These two has take a lot of heat from the fans and even though it might be warranted because of their play I think they took to much from the fans.  These kids put so much time and effort on and off the court for this university that we as fans don't see.  I just feel bad that I sometimes rip Green because I am not the one that has put the blood, sweat and tears for 4 years trying to get better and getting my degree.  We have no idea what these kids go through off the court that could be causing their poor play and it could be something going on at home that we don't know about.

Thank you to Devonte and De'ron for choosing to play basketball for IU and all the hard work you have put in for our entertainment.

Very true. We fans often forget that these players are students, and go through the up's and down's that life hands them.

23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the link. Greens comments, in regards to the fans, were rather mature/diplomatic. I would bet a lot of money that his comments (understandably) are different behind closed doors (hence Deron’s laughter).  Hope both of them get a good send-off from the fans.

Archived