IU Football 2020

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Prayers up for one of our players. Cam Wilson. Keep him in your thoughts this Mother's Day Weekend. Horrible tragedy out of Columbus. People can google. Didn't want to link.

Damn.  I feel for the kid.  Thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/9/2020 at 4:37 PM, Seeking6 said:

Prayers up for one of our players. Cam Wilson. Keep him in your thoughts this Mother's Day Weekend. Horrible tragedy out of Columbus. People can google. Didn't want to link.

Tough when a young person loses a parent.  Even more so, when they lose both parents. Especially under the circumstances.

IU friend is telling me that IU will be doing everything they can to help Cam get through this tragic time in his life.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Tough when a young person loses a parent.  Even more so, when they lose both parents. Especially under the circumstances.

IU friend is telling me that IU will be doing everything they can to help Cam get through this tragic time in his life.

Yep. Lost my mother very early in life (age 12) and watch over a couple kids here in town from time to time who lost both of their parents over a 5 year period. It's a club I wish I never had any experience in. Cam is sitting somewhere right now in shock.....and will be for years. Being around teammates is a really good thing potentially but it might be wise for the kid to take a year off and collect himself. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Even if it's $5....hopefully everyone can chip in. If you can't...share it to your pages and maybe others can. 

Agreed.  I just threw in a few bucks.  It has only been going for a few hours and they already have over $5000, trying to get to $30,000.

I have a feeling like their fundraiser will catch some traction and they'll fly by their goal.  Let's hope so at least!

Also, give the list of donations a quick scroll.  Seeing all kinds of guys from the team kick in.  From a quick glance, I see Penix, Wracher, Marshall, Snyder, Beery, as well as a handful of last names of guys on the team who might have had a family member donate.  I love that LEO isn't just a saying here.  Allen lives and breathes it, and the team buys in.  I'm sure each time someone from the team donates it has to be a little pick up knowing they're helping him out.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, give the list of donations a quick scroll.  Seeing all kinds of guys from the team kick in.  From a quick glance, I see Penix, Wracher, Marshall, Snyder, Beery, as well as a handful of last names of guys on the team who might have had a family member donate.  I love that LEO isn't just a saying here.  Allen lives and breathes it, and the team buys in.  I'm sure each time someone from the team donates it has to be a little pick up knowing they're helping him out.

Just under $12k in 3 hours. Not bad at all. 

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

It's getting close. $28k. Harry Crider's family donated $1000, Tuttle's $250, and so many other people from the team donated. Glad to see them come together to help out with it.

Kudos IU fans....well done indeed. In one afternoon evening in looks like they'll hit their $30k goal right away.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:50 AM, Seeking6 said:

Kudos IU fans....well done indeed. In one afternoon evening in looks like they'll hit their $30k goal right away.

Update...just under $75,000 so far. Simply unreal for so many to step up. The kids are going to have to deal with so much in coming years...it's nice to know food/shelter/clothing/utilities will all be taken care of. 

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Update...just under $75,000 so far. Simply unreal for so many to step up. The kids are going to have to deal with so much in coming years...it's nice to know food/shelter/clothing/utilities will all be taken care of. 

image.png.43c918d6e5c2c02266af4d23b7c576a5.png

😮

That's so awesome!

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:
4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Saw that. Was trying to figure out who she was/is and represents. Just a great gesture by her and so many others.

Don't know if either of these people are the same, nor does any of the information I found provide a link to Cam. 

A quick Google search finds a Deborah Bickerstaff as a mutual fund manager for Federated. Certainly, her income would allow her to make a donation of this size.

The Bickerstaff Family Foundation, run by a Glen and Debbie Bickerstaff, made a $4.5 million contribution to a pediatric hospital in California. 

Again, don't know if either are related to this gesture.

Looks like we added another one this morning. 6'4 270 lb tight end from South Alabama. Khameron Taylor. Great blocker with according to Allen huge upside in passing game. Could be a great addition to help with 2 Tight End sets we discussed in NFL thread a few weeks back. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Looks like we added another one this morning. 6'4 270 lb tight end from South Alabama. Khameron Taylor. Great blocker with according to Allen huge upside in passing game. Could be a great addition to help with 2 Tight End sets we discussed in NFL thread a few weeks back. 

Must be a really, really good blocker. 2 catches last year, and 5 the year before, in the SunBelt conference.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

He sounds like he could be a really good addition for the run game. There has been talk most of the offseason about running better, so adding a TE who is almost the size of an offensive lineman should be a big help.  If he can catch just 1 pass a game to keep teams honest, that would be a huge plus.

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

He sounds like he could be a really good addition for the run game. There has been talk most of the offseason about running better, so adding a TE who is almost the size of an offensive lineman should be a big help.  If he can catch just 1 pass a game to keep teams honest, that would be a huge plus.

We talked about a few weeks ago in NFL thread in Animal House....but how 2 set TE looks benefit teams, what they accomplish,etc....I'm absolutely great with a grad transfer kid of his size.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We talked about a few weeks ago in NFL thread in Animal House....but how 2 set TE looks benefit teams, what they accomplish,etc....I'm absolutely great with a grad transfer kid of his size.

Deboer used a ton of 2 TE sets with Fresno State.  I watched a few games when we hired him, and they had 2 TEs in on most of their plays. Usually one was more of a blocker and one was more of a receiver.  I expected to see more of it last year, but I'm guessing we didn't have the personnel for it. Wouldn't be surprised if it is something he impressed upon Sheridan, especially since Sheridan was the TE coach.

16 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Deboer used a ton of 2 TE sets with Fresno State.  I watched a few games when we hired him, and they had 2 TEs in on most of their plays. Usually one was more of a blocker and one was more of a receiver.  I expected to see more of it last year, but I'm guessing we didn't have the personnel for it. Wouldn't be surprised if it is something he impressed upon Sheridan, especially since Sheridan was the TE coach.

Absolutely. It's what Belichick and Andy Reid and Frank Reich are using. After I was forced to realize the Bears were going to have 10 TE's on our roster I was trying to find the positive. The more I see what their scheming with 3-4 defenses and how 2 TE sets work....speed guy who runs a go to draw CB/Safety....and hands guy who draws LB/defensive back.....the theory is your best TE (Hendershot in our case)  should always be open in 1:1 situation vs undersized DB/LB. 

Really like this addition from a scheme standpoint. 

Archived