IU Football 2020

Your snide comment about recruiting misses is so ignorant it isn’t worthy of a reply.  Suffice it to say, IU has done a great—not good—job identifying talent.  

If you want to point to a miss here and there, literally every school in the country has recruiting misses.  Lots of them.  It’s part of college football recruiting compared with basketball.  But Allen has brought in a ton of good players that as a group outplay their rankings.  

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Based on what recruits say, we had to have him.  I like that Allen totally gets what he needs and makes it happen.  Vision.  

Some of his staff is terrific as well. He's obviously the straw that stirs the drink, but I really look forward to seeing what this staff will do.

I didn't think we'd find a comparable replacement for Ballou/Rhea, but I am confident that we have a staff at least as good.

Lets leave whatever happened on Lake Monroe for the cops to decide. 

Glad Bryant wasn't arrested. I can tell you.. he is a GREAT kid. If you're curious to what I'm talking about go to TDH Twitter or Ostermans Twitter or Bryant Fitzgeralds Twitter. 

Again though..  if we want to discuss it do it in PMs and not in a thread. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What I read Bryant didn't do anything wrong

I know. We all read the same stuff... thats why I reiterated how great of a kid he always has been, and I assume was in this situation. Again. Lets just leave it be. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Seems like a lot.

I saw this and was surprised to say the least. Look I get our history vs them and especially up there but with so many returning players on our side, reduced or no fans in attendance which makes this more neutral than true road game and Wisconsin having lost some key pieces 17 points is a slap in the face.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw this and was surprised to say the least. Look I get our history vs them and especially up there but with so many returning players on our side, reduced or no fans in attendance which makes this more neutral than true road game and Wisconsin having lost some key pieces 17 points is a slap in the face.

I agree. Most years in the past, we had a team that had noticeable weaknesses that could be exploited, but we don't have that this year. Some areas are obviously stronger/weaker than others, but it isn't like Wilson's first few years where we couldn't stop anybody. Wisconsin is usually well coached, fundamental, and good at exploiting a team's weakness, but I don't see anywhere on the team that jumps out as an area teams can take advantage of.

Throw in Penix being healthy, Wisconsin losing a lot, and little or no fans, and I would definitely take us to cover 17 points.

I do worry about the possibility of international students only being allowed to do online classes and losing Whitehead. I think money for colleges will win out and they'll be allowed to come, but that would definitely be a blow to our special teams if he couldn't. 

Archived