IU Football 2020

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yup, they will have enough games to go to the Big Ten Championship 

That assumes that they play next week at MSU.  Kirk Herbstreit has said he doesn't believe that will happen due to the 21 day covid rule.  Some folks in Columbus think OSU's season might be over.  I'm not buying that, but we don't know the facts regarding how many and who has tested positive.  I saw more than one posting at Bucknuts saying it was the entire quarterback group along with Day.

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

That assumes that they play next week at MSU.  Kirk Herbstreit has said he doesn't believe that will happen due to the 21 day covid rule.  Some folks in Columbus think OSU's season might be over.  

I asked my OSU friend and he was freaking out. He thinks MSU and maybe the UM game might get cancelled 

38 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

IU just needs to ignore any and all rumors.  Just go out and beat Maryland today and move forward to next week.  Control what you're able to control and no looking ahead.  GO HOOSIERS!!

Yep. Beat Maryland, Wisc, and PU and good things will happen. 

OSU AD just released a statement that basically said the Buckeyes may still play MSU next week.  Heard Rece Davis on College Gameday quote Gene Smith, but didn't really understand it?  Something to do with some of the players and when they were tested, possibly, and that all were isolated etc etc??  OSU and the BIG are going to find a way, I'm sure.  Even the CFP committee has said there's no minimum number of games necessary to be considered for inclusion in the playoffs.

I'm interested in seeing how Mertz will be.  He looked amazing in their first game, average against Michigan's weak secondary, and bad against Northwestern.

We lead the country in interceptions per game by a wide margin.  We're running away from everybody in interception percentage.  We're also 18 in the country in sack percentage.  I think we can pressure Mertz into making some bad throws.

One of my issues the last couple years was that we wouldn't do much with turnovers.  We've had some really good returns this year.  Reminds me of the Bears when they had Urlacher.  As soon as they got the ball, you could see how badly they all wanted to score.  Our defense is looking a lot more like that this year.  We just need to hang on to the dang thing.

If we can get an early lead and make them throw it, I like our chances.  If we get behind early and put them in a position to run it a lot, it could be rough.  Can't have like we did against OSU where they ran all over us.

13 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm interested in seeing how Mertz will be.  He looked amazing in their first game, average against Michigan's weak secondary, and bad against Northwestern.

We lead the country in interceptions per game by a wide margin.  We're running away from everybody in interception percentage.  We're also 18 in the country in sack percentage.  I think we can pressure Mertz into making some bad throws.

One of my issues the last couple years was that we wouldn't do much with turnovers.  We've had some really good returns this year.  Reminds me of the Bears when they had Urlacher.  As soon as they got the ball, you could see how badly they all wanted to score.  Our defense is looking a lot more like that this year.  We just need to hang on to the dang thing.

If we can get an early lead and make them throw it, I like our chances.  If we get behind early and put them in a position to run it a lot, it could be rough.  Can't have like we did against OSU where they ran all over us.

I am not that worried about their passing game but I am worried about their OL and running game.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am not that worried about their passing game but I am worried about their OL and running game.

Agreed.  That's why I think it is really important to get out to a quick start and not get behind early.  We can't let them sit back and pound away with their run game all day.  We have to put pressure on them by getting ahead and make them try to be more aggressive.

Archived