IU Football 2020

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Agree completely with you and Leathernecks.  Even with Mertz they are built to play with a lead.

I have always thought for IU to compete we would have to go the UW or Iowa route.  Build it with a great OL and a great running game.  Also those teams always has great defenses and thought we could do the same thing.

I have one guarantee about this game we will not lose 83-20

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have always thought for IU to compete we would have to go the UW or Iowa route.  Build it with a great OL and a great running game.  Also those teams always has great defenses and thought we could do the same thing.

We will win 63-35

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

CTA said that he wants to have is team known as a great throwing team. To attract speedy receivers to make IU a destination for top receivers and QB'S

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

CTA said that he wants to have is team known as a great throwing team. To attract speedy receivers to make IU a destination for top receivers and QB'S

We're fun and exciting all over the field.  I don't know if we have any positions right now that recruits would look at as a place to avoid.  If you're a quick WR, would a team like Wisconsin be a great destination?  Probably not most years.  We have a high powered offense, we're leading the country in takeaways, and we're top 20 in sacks.  I can't wait to see what we do with the 2022 class.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree with you. Ground and pound is what I thought but thankfully CTA knows more than you and I. I look forward to becoming QB and WR University 

When we hired Allen, a lot of people thought he would run a conservative offense and win with defense.  I remember him saying at the time that fast offenses who push the pace are the hardest for his defenses to defend, so that was what he wanted his offense to be like.  So simple, yet it seems like a lot of coaches struggle with that idea.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, KDB said:

Micah McFadden is the highest rated linebacker in the B1G and the 3rd highest rated in the country by Pro Football Focus.

That’s huge!   Our forum has been all over this and probably the first to stand up and notice him.  He passed our eye test after about five snaps, lol.   He was a low three star recruit at a score of like 82 on 247 too.  

What a complete player.  Regarding that recent pick that he pulled down, did you notice how far down the field that was?  He was in legit coverage.

I think NFL coaches probably love him.  

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

When we hired Allen, a lot of people thought he would run a conservative offense and win with defense.  I remember him saying at the time that fast offenses who push the pace are the hardest for his defenses to defend, so that was what he wanted his offense to be like.  So simple, yet it seems like a lot of coaches struggle with that idea.

Precisely.  I harp on this all the time but Allen is very decisive in how he wants to play on both sides of the ball and he’s not going to compromise on recruiting.  He wants an explosive offense because he smartly knows what’s tough to defend as you astutely pointed out.  Speed and play making.  On D, he wants team speed and athletes at LB, S, and husky who are specimens.  Those guys can get turnovers which is a big part of his strategy.  

He’s been through the SEC gauntlet and he understands speed, play making, chunk yardage, and explosiveness.   He’s not recruiting the kid who is down to Miami of OH, Central MI, and IU.   I’ve lived that world for too long.  He’s going after athletes that may be harder to get but he knows what he needs and he’s not going to compromise. And he wants them in waves so we have depth.   No self-defeating attitude here as we’ve seen with others.  

Underestimate him at your own peril.  Play those locker room videos of him.  Emotional.  LEO.  I can see why players and recruits are all in with him.  He loves them on and off the field.  And we’ve got an appealing situation.  Upgraded stadium that looks beautiful, improved facilities. The opportunity to play at the highest collegiate level.  NFL scouts and GMs will notice because the tape doesn’t make the NFL scouts have to guess because we play in a high level football division.  Great education, awesome campus, tremendous student body.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Smh. They'll cancel this game. Lame

Disappointing if it happens. But it won't put a damper on this season as far as I'm concerned. Looks like OSU-Mich. is already called off. This season is a cluster**** no matter how you slice it. If I'm the NCAA, I just forego the NCS playoff this season and do the traditional bowl invite approach (assuming they can even play them by then). No way is perfect ever, and definitely not under the s***storm of 2020.

1 hour ago, D-BONE said:

Disappointing if it happens. But it won't put a damper on this season as far as I'm concerned. Looks like OSU-Mich. is already called off. This season is a cluster**** no matter how you slice it. If I'm the NCAA, I just forego the NCS playoff this season and do the traditional bowl invite approach (assuming they can even play them by then). No way is perfect ever, and definitely not under the s***storm of 2020.

I agree. Doesnt damper anything. Just a bummer. 

1 hour ago, D-BONE said:

Disappointing if it happens. But it won't put a damper on this season as far as I'm concerned. Looks like OSU-Mich. is already called off. This season is a cluster**** no matter how you slice it. If I'm the NCAA, I just forego the NCS playoff this season and do the traditional bowl invite approach (assuming they can even play them by then). No way is perfect ever, and definitely not under the s***storm of 2020.

You probably want to edit a couple of words before the mods see your post

Archived