IU Football 2020

11 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Young, terrific shape, excellent healthcare......Yes, yes and yes.
The challenge, however, is what kind of shape are the coaches, teachers, parents, friends, shopkeepers, etc etc that “healthy” asymptotic athletes, that test positive, come in contact with? It’s a quandary, to say the least, but everything is complicated by how the disease is transmitted. 

Good point.   That's part of the reason I don't expect a cfb season,  which is really sad.

When this shut things down in March, I thought we would have had this in the rearview mirror by now.   Either, an acceptable treatment that would lessen the severity, it would have run it's course, or maybe even mutated into a less severe strain (which some experts are claiming is beginning to happen).

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Good point.   That's part of the reason I don't expect a cfb season,  which is really sad.

When this shut things down in March, I thought we would have had this in the rearview mirror by now.   Either, an acceptable treatment that would lessen the severity, it would have run it's course, or maybe even mutated into a less severe strain (which some experts are claiming is beginning to happen).

Was just listening to a guy on the radio. He said without divulging his sources Saban is operating under the plan that college football has a 40% chance of happening. Hate hearing things like that but don't shoot the messenger. I'm going to keep believing in what our conference and coaches are saying but would be fitting. Our best returning group ever and this happens. Sorry. Had to be negative for a second.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Was just listening to a guy on the radio. He said without divulging his sources Saban is operating under the plan that college football has a 40% chance of happening. Hate hearing things like that but don't shoot the messenger. I'm going to keep believing in what our conference and coaches are saying but would be fitting. Our best returning group ever and this happens. Sorry. Had to be negative for a second.

I think its less than 40%. There isnt one college president with the sack to say lets play it will be fine. Just look at IU. 6 positive tests and they shut it down. We wont have college sports until they are able to force kids to stick a needle in their arm.

If college football is off this year, I hope the NCAA can look into expanding scholarship limits and being flexible with redshirts, including the possibility of a second redshirt year in some situations.  As for the pros, I presume they will let the Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields type go pro on schedule.  That would alleviate some of the logjam on rosters.  

There is optimism for vaccine by the turn of the year so I’m not prepared to even think about the viability of basketball yet.  

It will also be interesting what would happen with power 5 coaches salaries.  Some coaches have already agreed to give some back but will the coaches make complete concessions if no revenue comes in at all?  Like the plastic surgeon who sits idle without any rhinoplasties, the general public isn’t going to feel sorry for a coach pulling in $7.6 M when people are losing their livelihoods and don’t have millions banked.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Obviously coaching played a part. 

It was crazy how well we balanced being smart and aggressive in DeBoer's system last year.  Usually as you get more aggressive you make worse decisions, or as play smarter you play less aggressive.  We successfully improved both.  Really hoping that is something Sheridan will be able to replicate.

Archived