IU Football 2020

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our roster gets better and better as Allen’s tenure advances IMO.  That roster has his full stamp on it.  

That’s a good team and the depth is pretty solid most spots.  The nice thing is there are only a handful of seniors.  That junior class though is ridiculous.  When they leave that will leave a mark, but (a) we still have two seasons with them, and (b) our classes behind them are pretty solid to jump in there.  

The next two seasons have potential for a lot of excitement. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just saw this. Darn it. I know we have depth but hate for the kid more than anything. Assuming he comes back next year?

Agreed. Not concerned about our depth in the secondary, just feel horrible for the kid. Hopefully get to see him again next year. I know he's a redshirt senior but can't recall if it was an academic or injury redshirt.

Hopefully Layne gets better soon.  He doesn’t show up as much in the box score but I’ve always liked Layne.  He’s as physical of a corner as we’ve had.  I mean, he will just smother you coming off the line.  

He is a tad slower than the elite corners so the move to safety might work well if he can pick up the different looks, angles, etc.  He may have to know more, so we will see how that translates.  But his physicality might really show up at safety. He’s also handy in that he can play corner in a pinch.  Tough kid.

Archived