IU Football 2020

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, The Daily Hoosier said:

Another key injury in the secondary.  This one hurts on special teams too.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-safety-raheem-layne-also-injured-in-hoosier-secondary/

Besides Swinton at receiver, who are you hearing is flashing in camp when it comes to freshmen or redshirt freshmen?

And do I understand correctly that all the football (and probably basketball) players get an extra year of eligibility?  That could be huge for a guy like Tuttle who is talented and developing.  

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Besides Swinton at receiver, who are you hearing is flashing in camp when it comes to freshmen or redshirt freshmen?

And do I understand correctly that all the football (and probably basketball) players get an extra year of eligibility?  That could be huge for a guy like Tuttle who is talented and developing.  

Da'Shaun Brown, Rashawn Williams, Jacolby Hewitt, Jordan Jakes.  Those are the up and coming names beyond Swinton to watch.  Of course Miles Marshall too but he already had a meaningful role last year.

The NCAA has already ruled to give a blanket extra year of eligibility for everyone for football, and it sounds like the same ruling is coming for basketball.

5 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Da'Shaun Brown, Rashawn Williams, Jacolby Hewitt, Jordan Jakes.  Those are the up and coming names beyond Swinton to watch.  Of course Miles Marshall too but he already had a meaningful role last year.

The NCAA has already ruled to give a blanket extra year of eligibility for everyone for football, and it sounds like the same ruling is coming for basketball.

Will those two be ready for 25% of snaps this season? That's a big question. Fryfogle, Whop, Hendershot... mix in Marshall. Gotta find 2 more guys. 

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Great info!  Any other freshmen or other young guys of note emerging at other positions?  I can’t wait for the games to start so we can see for ourselves.  

The O line is an area I’m really curious about.  As a young guy I heard good things about Katic and we added Powell, the Stanford transfer, and I’m not sure what our new Juco will bring.  You figure Crider and Powell start inside, maybe with Nworah who we’ve sort of waited to emerge.  

We all loved the first time we saw Micah McFadden be a heat seeking missile at LB. in game action.  Or how well Bedford adapted at LT as a true freshman.  Or Mullen. And on and on.

Can’t wait to see our next young guys.  

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great info!  Any other freshmen or other young guys of note emerging at other positions?  I can’t wait for the games to start so we can see for ourselves.  

The O line is an area I’m really curious about.  As a young guy I heard good things about Katic and we added Powell, the Stanford transfer, and I’m not sure what our new Juco will bring.  You figure Crider and Powell start inside, maybe with Nworah who we’ve sort of waited to emerge.  

We all loved the first time we saw Micah McFadden be a heat seeking missile at LB. in game action.  Or how well Bedford adapted at LT as a true freshman.  Or Mullen. And on and on.

Can’t wait to see our next young guys.  

I think inside it'll be Katic, Powell, and Grider. 

7 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Jack Tuttle, a former 4-star recruit and legacy IU player, appears ready to go if his number is called in 2020.

I wonder how he will navigate the extra year allowed. He would be a 6th year SR if he were to stay that year. Interesting that Penix and Tuttle are both just SOs. I think Tuttle could certainly transfer after next year, he would be a RS JR then and I assume be graduating that spring. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I wonder how he will navigate the extra year allowed. He would be a 6th year SR if he were to stay that year. Interesting that Penix and Tuttle are both just SOs. I think Tuttle could certainly transfer after next year, he would be a RS JR then and I assume be graduating that spring. 

I know some people can get enough done in 3 years to graduate, but if I remember correctly, didn't he drop out of his classes at Utah early in the fall of his freshman year which was why he was given immediate eligibility?  So I would assume that you're right that he would graduate during or after his senior year.

At this point, I would almost be surprised if Penix stays after next year.  I think he's going to start turning heads if he can stay healthy.  The timing could work out decent for Tuttle.  He'd still have 2 years left if Penix leaves after next year.  Fairly big if though.

I was really disappointed to see the nonconference games get cancelled because I was really looking forward to seeing Tuttle in game action when it wasn't late in the 4th in a blowout.  Hopefully we can stomp Rutgers in the 2nd game to get him some decent in game action.

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

For the sake of fun:  If you were to place an order for a "Milehi Cutout", what would you want to be wearing in your photo, and what would your attached phrase be?  Also, which game would you want it to be placed into the stands for the most if you could only choose one?  😆

9 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

For the sake of fun:  If you were to place an order for a "Milehi Cutout", what would you want to be wearing in your photo, and what would your attached phrase be?  Also, which game would you want it to be placed into the stands for the most if you could only choose one?  😆

A hoodie with a picture of the front range.

Saying... I wasn't born a Mile High.... I just live it.   LOL

Save me for the Purdue game.

10 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

My cutout?

cousin eddie.jpg

Archived