IU Football 2020

1 hour ago, D-BONE said:

Disappointing if it happens. But it won't put a damper on this season as far as I'm concerned. Looks like OSU-Mich. is already called off. This season is a cluster**** no matter how you slice it. If I'm the NCAA, I just forego the NCS playoff this season and do the traditional bowl invite approach (assuming they can even play them by then). No way is perfect ever, and definitely not under the s***storm of 2020.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

You probably want to edit a couple of words before the mods see your post

Agreed, the word '2020' should be permanently banned from the English language.  

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You probably want to edit a couple of words before the mods see your post

I appreciate you looking out for me and I respect the mods and everyone on the forum. I'd never use that language towards another poster. I don't think I've ever used language of that sort in any post here. I was just letting my emotions speak (especially at the prospect of an historic IU season potentially being tainted - or not (??) - by a carnivalesque year. I suspect people will agree this is one instance where such language is actually apropos. Of utmost importance is staying strong that this season cannot be tarnished even by the absolute disaster of the year 2020!

11 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

I appreciate you looking out for me and I respect the mods and everyone on the forum. I'd never use that language towards another poster. I don't think I've ever used language of that sort in any post here. I was just letting my emotions speak (especially at the prospect of an historic IU season potentially being tainted - or not (??) - by a carnivalesque year. I suspect people will agree this is one instance where such language is actually apropos. Of utmost importance is staying strong that this season cannot be tarnished even by the absolute disaster of the year 2020!

Just didn't want you to get in trouble

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Also then why is Iowa 16? They have no better wins than us and worse losses...plural...

Our win at Wisconsin is better than anything they have.  And, they have one of the worst losses of anybody in the top 20 with their loss to Purdue.  Oklahoma losing to KSU, and Northwestern losing to MSU are the only ones that are even comparable.

7 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Our win at Wisconsin is better than anything they have.  And, they have one of the worst losses of anybody in the top 20 with their loss to Purdue.  Oklahoma losing to KSU, and Northwestern losing to MSU are the only ones that are even comparable.

I do believe that Iowa St. got beat by Louisiana?

We (posters on the football board, including myself) need to do a better job of knowing where to post certain things in certain threads though. 

Anything talking about rankings should be in the "Where will we be ranked" thread... 

This thread is for general IU football 2020 info... like the team shutting down practices, etc. 

Big Ten thread (obvious)

National thread (obvious) 

Game of the week thread (obvious) 

I hate clutter lol let's make sure we are posting things in the appropriate thread to keep discussion fluid (as much as possible) 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We (posters on the football board, including myself) need to do a better job of knowing where to post certain things in certain threads though. 

Anything talking about rankings should be in the "Where will we be ranked" thread... 

This thread is for general IU football 2020 info... like the team shutting down practices, etc. 

Big Ten thread (obvious)

National thread (obvious) 

Game of the week thread (obvious) 

I hate clutter lol let's make sure we are posting things in the appropriate thread to keep discussion fluid (as much as possible) 

I agree.  Usually on my phone I click on "next unread topic" at the bottom, so when I reply to a comment, I don't check what thread it is, I just go with whatever I'm replying to.  I didn't even realize my post about rankings was in this thread.  I'm blaming the first person to post about it, and not taking any responsibility for my own actions...like an adult!

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I agree.  Usually on my phone I click on "next unread topic" at the bottom, so when I reply to a comment, I don't check what thread it is, I just go with whatever I'm replying to.  I didn't even realize my post about rankings was in this thread.  I'm blaming the first person to post about it, and not taking any responsibility for my own actions...like an adult!

😆Smart lol I did it too, but it can't be my fault... "someone else did it first" 

Found this over on the OSU's elevenwarriors.com football message board....
They are saying the BIG is going to vote today on whether or not to keep a 6 game requirement. This poster is pitching that since IU is currently shut down, they may not be able to play in the BIG Championship game if rules stick....Pretty funny.

Based on this, I'm guessing PSU will vote no.

The Ohio State — Michigan game has been canceled and Indiana has paused all activities due to Covid. With the current B1G rule and a win on Saturday, Penn State will be in the B1G title game...

One thing we know about Allen and this team, they aren't going to let any of the noise get them down.  They're not going to sit around and whine and complain and not bring it on the field.  I have every confidence that the rankings and OSU getting catered to will be good motivation for us.  Really looking forward to the rest of this season.

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If OSU beats NW  and Florida beats Bama then Clemson beats ND is a close game. Who is left out. A 10-1 ND team or a 8-1 Florida team or  6-0 OSU. IF the committee keeps IU out of top 8 I can't see in that scenario anyway OSU gets in playoff. If that happens the THE BIG sold their souls for nothing. They could have IU as America's darling and choose a different path. I hope like crazy it bites them in the a$$.

Me imagining IU's mindset >>>> ........CTA (in his gruff voice) speaking to "His Men"  ......"That's fine.......Again, like I told you, earmuffs and blinders ! We can only control what we can control. We're building a MONSTER here folks! NCAA and America best beware, because we're comin!!....This Sleeping Giant has awoken and we fear NO ONE!......LEO!!!!

44 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:
  59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If OSU beats NW  and Florida beats Bama then Clemson beats ND is a close game. Who is left out. A 10-1 ND team or a 8-1 Florida team or  6-0 OSU. IF the committee keeps IU out of top 8 I can't see in that scenario anyway OSU gets in playoff. If that happens the THE BIG sold their souls for nothing. They could have IU as America's darling and choose a different path. I hope like crazy it bites them in the a$$.

Me imagining IU's mindset >>>> ........CTA (in is gruff voice) speaking to "His Men"  ......"That's fine.......Again, like I told you, earmuffs and blinders ! We can only control what we can control. We're building a MONSTER here folks! NCAA and America best beware, because we're comin!!....This Sleeping Giant has awoken and we fear NO ONE!......LEO!!!!

Exactly and I can hear him saying that, everyday that the College football world is talking about Indiana Football is only helping recruiting in a big way

Archived