Wisconsin post game thread

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

It is a guy with a resume very worthy of being in the tournament, taking up for his team.

It’s a guy coaching a bubble team that still has to win to get into the tournament, so he should probably be focusing more on that.  Lunardi will be far from the only bracketologist projecting IU as the last four in/first four out, unless they manage to win 2 games in the BTT.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Lunardi and "last 4 in" deal; I think Lunardi is pushing to set up an IU play-in game to get Archie back to Dayton.  Petty I know but what else does Joe L have to do these days other than overthink each and every possibility for his baby Bracketology?  The committee has made their own choices for years and rarely is Lunardi spot on.  If IU can get a win on Wednesday, I think they are in as a 10 seed minimum.  Win two in the BTT and 8/9.

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I didn’t watch it, but I read the comments. I’m no fan of Lunardi, but that’s a bad look.  

Not directed at you, but if Knight did this we would all have an Orgasm.  Archie is screwed if he is too nice, and screwed if he is Competitively outspoken.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It’s a guy coaching a bubble team that still has to win to get into the tournament, so he should probably be focusing more on that.  Lunardi will be far from the only bracketologist projecting IU as the last four in/first four out, unless they manage to win 2 games in the BTT.

so, you still take up for your team. I doubt those comments are going to distract him in the film room tomorrow. some of you guys will complain simply because his crap stinks, with no objectivity at all.

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Not directed at you, but if Knight did this we would all have an Orgasm.  Archie is screwed if he is too nice, and screwed if he is Competitively outspoken.

This is just the kind of thing I don’t like any coach doing.  I’ve never like it when coaches start commenting on why they should be in or whatever.  Right or wrong to me it screams insecurity about how safely any particular coach feels about being in. (To be clear I think we are in with a win on Wednesday).

Plus,  Lunardi is a clown don’t give him the time of day. 

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

so, you still take up for your team. I doubt those comments are going to distract him in the film room tomorrow. some of you guys will complain simply because his crap stinks, with no objectivity at all.

I just think it’s a bad look considering IU played itself directly onto the bubble by losing three of the last four games.  If they’d actually won any of those games, instead of just being “proud” that they tried hard, he wouldn’t have to be dealing with these conversations.  Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth... Win games, and then you can act like as much of an ass as you want.  IU fans are the only people in the nation that think IU should be a lock to make the tournament right now.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

This the same team as last year.  Lost 8 of 12. Can't compete on the road and barely competes at home.  Almost exact same record with a laughable non-con schedule.  This team has zero heart, passion and basketball IQ.  They looked better at the end of last year too and then did the exact same thing this year.   I just don't like watching shit basketball.  I don't like watching a team score 25 points a half.  This is crap ball and only the truly no matter what IU pumpers like yourself can't see it.  I don't enjoy this type of ball.  But I respect your opinion.  Please don't try and change mine.  I won't happen this year

Why are you here then? To attempt to drag everyone else down into your misery with you? If you hate the team so much, it would probably be better for your long-term health to find another outlet.

2 hours ago, iufaninand said:

The thing that stuck out to me was when Wisconsin went on a run with about 5 left in the game, potter was very vocal in a timeout or two, presumably telling his teammates they will not lose this game. IU has no player, when the chips are down, that says, “ get on my back, we’re not losing”. It’s been a problem all year and we’ll finish the year with it

I felt that those two possessions late in the game where Thompson found himself switching and matched up against Trice were disastrous for IU.  Both times ended in points for UW and at least one foul on IU.    He hustled today but it wasn't his best outing.

McHoop

49 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So there's this really great website called bracketmatrix.com that compiles what all the bracketologists say... And right now the consensus if that a take like this is trash. 

We were in every bracket prior to today's game projected as a 9 seed. We lost to a really good conference champion - you really think that knocks us down 3 seed lines so we miss? Or you just being a Dan Dakich-eque reactionary?

41 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So there's this really great website called bracketmatrix.com that compiles what all the bracketologists say... And right now the consensus if that a take like this is trash. 

We were in every bracket prior to today's game projected as a 9 seed. We lost to a really good conference champion - you really think that knocks us down 3 seed lines so we miss? Or you just being a Dan Dakich-eque reactionary?

KoB coming out swinging like the good old days, lol.  Losing to Wisconsin may not knock IU out of the tournament, but losing to Wisconsin and Nebraska absolutely will — hence why I said they still need to win to get in.  I do think it will be interesting to see what happens if they beat Nebraska and lose the next game.  I think that will probably be enough to get them into the play-in game as an 11 seed as long as there aren’t a ton of bid stealers.

[ have been trying to just LURK bot at times have chimed in. IU is the team I follow and have been since mid 60's. I am sad we lost today but as some have said we ARE REAL CLOSE! I wavered earlier but now have more faith ( hate to say it  Samson) If next year doesn't go as I hope then  I  WILL BE  THINKING TIME FOR CAM TO GO I have seen the improvement that I had hoped for! Am I happy NO!!! W E ARE CLOSE TO BEING TOP of the BIG 10 again and as as I know we DON'T CHEAT AND STILL CONFESS TO OUR MISTAKES! I AM PROUD OF OUR TEAM!!  I wish we would have won but we are REAL CLOSE TO BEING A TEAM NO ONE WILL WANT TO PLAY AND THINK A WIN!!! SORRY FOR SHORT RANT GO IU!!!

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Lunardi doesn’t even rank in the top 50 best bracketoligists for the last 5 years but gets paid millions to be wrong. http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

Maybe journalists could ask real questions instead of things like “game face” and “what do you think about Joe Lunardi”? 

Unfortunately, Lunardi creates a perception that can be hard to overcome.  You hope the committee is smarter than that, but......

As far as going after Lunardi, I am all for it.  But Archie did it wrong with the Sesame Street stuff.  Simply take a couple if teams Lunardi has solidly in (Texas Tech for one) and compare our resume.  He doesn't need to name them, just say Lunardi has this team as an 8 seed, let's compare resumes.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Could be. Maybe I just don’t care anymore and that is why I hate this team.  There is always next year

Then stop watching if you don’t care. If you don’t see improvement you’re not paying attention. Is it good enough? Absolutely not. But I’m giving CAM a couple more years to surround himself with his guys. The type of guys that are gritty, make good decisions, expect to win, are leaders, etc. Call it excuses all you want, but it’s tough to win when you have upperclassmen that fail at being leaders and are the ones that continue to make the same mistakes over and over. 

Archived