Wisconsin post game thread

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Unfortunately, Lunardi creates a perception that can be hard to overcome.  You hope the committee is smarter than that, but......

As far as going after Lunardi, I am all for it.  But Archie did it wrong with the Sesame Street stuff.  Simply take a couple if teams Lunardi has solidly in (Texas Tech for one) and compare our resume.  He doesn't need to name them, just say Lunardi has this team as an 8 seed, let's compare resumes.

I agree with your assessment of Lunardi and Archie.
I also believe Lunardi gets paid to make predictions that bring in website hits. If he has Indiana on the bubble there will be Indiana fans reading the bubble watch articles. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Let me first say that I am not big Archie guy but my question is what did he do today that lost us the game.  For me when we lose it is on the players more than the coaches and that is just not an IU thing to me.  To me the coaches job is to put the players in the best place to succeed  and to me Archie did that today.  It is up to players the execute the game plan and to be able to hit their shots.  We did not turn the ball over much today and we out rebounded them so the reason we lost was not hitting enough shots so is that Archie's fault.

No, it’s not Archie’s fault, though not a top 5 coach at the moment. I have seen this team get better, we have lapse during games where we lose focus or something. I’ve also not seen big men miss lay/ups in my life, Trayce I can sorta understand being a youngster and still getting used to being bumped in the college game and such. Basketball nowadays isn’t the same as it was when we were young , there are so many good athletes that just about any team top 100 can conceivably beat anyone on a given night. 

I feel eel like we have to give Archie a real chance to succeed here, heck we gave Crean a lot of time and he didn’t coach defense a lick. I think once Archie gets rolling the wins will come, and with the wins the recruits will come. We gotta have someone that can seriously make a shot, that’s my one gripe - you can’t tell me Indiana of all schools don’t have a shooter. Sad as hell for a state known for putting out really fluid shooters. I’m sure he’s tried, I think being at a program like IU it’s more of an uphill climb then we wanna believe, we just aren’t the program we were when a lot of us were young .

ps sorry for the run on sentence- 

Just watched the game on DVR...

Can't miss that many in close and win...

Had some late close outs, but Bucky has some kids who can shoot...tough to guard Potter and Reuvers because they can both shoot and go inside. Their offensive rebounding at the end simply killed us...

Brad Davison is a punk...when he accosted Al and then started swinging his elbows (which somehow resulted in a foul on Trayce) Archie looked like he wanted to go over and take Davison out...

Gotta win Wednesday and see what we can do from there...

5 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well I'll just say a top 10 paid head coach should leave no doubt...in year 3.  Anyone disagree?

I disagree.  I'm also curious if you hold yourself in life and career to the same standards you hold IU basketball coaches to?  You have thousands of posts on this site, and thousands on the previous versions, and the overwhelming majority are you expressing your absurd opinions as fact.  You haven't advanced, or developed, or gotten better, why not?  When can we expect you to "get it", because we are way past year three. It's all negative, all the time.  Nothing changes.   And, before you call me a sunshine pumper, my issue isn't that you and I disagree, my issue is with your absurd opinions constantly presented as facts, and your constant negativity and snark without a shred of constructive criticism.  But, perhaps I should simply accept what you bring since you aren't a "top 10 paid" poster: as if that means something.

A wise man once said if it smells like s#!t everywhere you go, you might want to check your own pants.

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I just think it’s a bad look considering IU played itself directly onto the bubble by losing three of the last four games.  If they’d actually won any of those games, instead of just being “proud” that they tried hard, he wouldn’t have to be dealing with these conversations.  Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth... Win games, and then you can act like as much of an ass as you want.  IU fans are the only people in the nation that think IU should be a lock to make the tournament right now.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Massive compilation of mock brackets. 108 out of 108 brackets have IU in the tournament as of this morning. It's not just IU fans who think we should be in.

3 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

The frustration with this program just keeps building.  Patience is wearing thin.  Hopefully there is a day coming when we no longer let a team like Wisconsin come into our house and walk away with a championship.  That shit is getting old.  

No joke 😡 

If ANY of you think you hate Wisconsin try LIVING HERE.

Take your anger towards them and multiple it by 75% of their fanbase that thinks their program is about 1-2 steps behind UK and Duke and that IU should be viewed as a “has been” that matters not.

its been YEARS since they actually got a kick out of beating IU. Just to rub salt in the wound almost every Badger fan I talked to that is semi knowledgeable about sports all agreed the Badgers would win today. I’m sure some were a little nervous For awhile, but a few texted me surprised we gave them such a good game expected to control it for the most part the whole time. They gave me condescending congrats on making it such a good game.

Try living amongst that. 😡

We got a complimentary GOLF CLAP today across the state of Wisconsin for actually giving a solid effort in B-Town.

I’m losing my 💩 up here 

8 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If ANY of you think you hate Wisconsin try LIVING HERE.

Take your anger towards them and multiple it by 75% of their fanbase that thinks their program is about 1-2 steps behind UK and Duke and that IU should be viewed as a “has been” that matters not.

its been YEARS since they actually got a kick out of beating IU. Just to rub salt in the wound almost every Badger fan I talked to that is semi knowledgeable about sports all agreed the Badgers would win today. I’m sure some were a little nervous For awhile, but a few texted me surprised we gave them such a good game expected to control it for the most part the whole time. They gave me condescending congrats on making it such a good game.

Try living amongst that. 😡

We got a complimentary GOLF CLAP today across the state of Wisconsin for actually giving a solid effort in B-Town.

I’m losing my 💩 up here 

I am sure that goes for anyone living in Iowa, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio    The opposing  B1G teams do not care about a has been. 

12 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I understand the frustration but to think we are not close my take is If you can not take the ride get off now we don't need good time fans WE NEED GOOD AND BAD TIMES FANS!!! Good times are a coming!!!

Couldn’t agree more, it’s so easy to follow and cheer for a team that’s doing well, it’s a much harder thing to hang in there and keep cheering and watching when times are rough. Keep the faith guys and gals, the team is starting to play defense again, once we have one or two young men that can hit a shot we are gonna start winning. And once we start winning, we will get better and better players, for everyone who says we are a has been, Indiana is one of the premier college basketball programs in this great nation, our days in the spotlight will come again - I for one will enjoy it greatly having watched the struggle. 

I think there’s a lot of frustration built up from the Crean era and even before that where it makes IU fans incredibly impatient. And I just think that’s really unfair to Archie. Seriously look at the roster the first year he took over. He took over a team that didn’t make the tournament, and then had 2 guys leave for the NBA and one guy leave early to play in Europe. Let him actually have the chance to really build his roster. The players he 100% recruited are only sophomores, and they look very promising. If it doesn’t look right in year 5, then sure, it’s time to go in a different direction. But at the end of year 3 when each season has had improvement and recruiting has been at least solid, while also getting top guys from the state of Indiana, I don’t think he deserves a lot of the criticism he’s getting. 

Dukes elite status wasn’t built over night, Villanova wasn’t built over night, neither was North Carolina. Archie has improved in the win column each year at IU, KenPom ratings each year at IU(still prefer this over the NET), Quad 1 wins have improved, wins over top 25 opponents have improved and his recruiting strategy is working(can’t get every recruit that plays high school ball in Indiana). I’m impatient and at fault too for wanting us to return to greatness(maybe it’ll never happen with Archie who knows) as soon as possible but we won’t get back to consistent tourney appearances, sweet 16s or hell even a final four or a national title if we are having coaches filter through every 3 years. 

Archie has lost a few games but he’s learning. I firmly expect a NCAA tourney appearance and maybe even a win. Next year, I expect a tourney appearance again and winning a few games at a min(rd 32 at least? Or sweet 16?)

This game IU shoulda won(Arkansas and Maryland too) but last year IMO were singing a different tune by being happy that we almost beat top ranked teams(Wisconsin and Maryland) While I’m disappointed in today’s loss, I’m just as excited for the BIG tourney(I know our track record in this event sucks) and our anticipated bid for the big dance. 

4 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Exactly, I know we all  Want wins now. But we have been mediocre for a very long time.

I am seeing a team getting closer, with a flawed roster.

Defense is better. Mental toughness is better. Recruiting is good.

To think hitting a reset makes any sense is short sided in my opinion.

We will slowly keep getting better and older. It is the right way.

I hate losing. But I do feel good about what Archie is doing. It is methodical and thought out.

To me we are getting closer to where we want to be but it just seems like we are a step or two away from getting there.  We just need a couple of more pieces like a great shooter but more importantly some leaders who won't let your team lose.

I think generally speaking most people understand the process, it’s always the negative voices that get heard; and not only with IU BB - everything in life is like this now. We’ve turned into a world of instant gratification, and if people don’t get their way, they gripe and complain.

4 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I didn’t watch it, but I read the comments. I’m no fan of Lunardi, but that’s a bad look.  

I would bet if RMK would have said the same thing everyone would be applauding what he said.  I know a lot of you don't like Archie but getting on him for saying this is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Not directed at you, but if Knight did this we would all have an Orgasm.  Archie is screwed if he is too nice, and screwed if he is Competitively outspoken.

I guess I should have read every comment on here before posting because I just said the same thing about RMK

3 hours ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Why are you here then? To attempt to drag everyone else down into your misery with you? If you hate the team so much, it would probably be better for your long-term health to find another outlet.

Amen to that because I don't understand doing the same thing over and over again if it makes you miserable.  It is just a basketball game which you have no control over and if that makes you miserable then don't watch.  Nobody is holding a gun to his head to watch so just step away and do something else.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Unfortunately, Lunardi creates a perception that can be hard to overcome.  You hope the committee is smarter than that, but......

As far as going after Lunardi, I am all for it.  But Archie did it wrong with the Sesame Street stuff.  Simply take a couple if teams Lunardi has solidly in (Texas Tech for one) and compare our resume.  He doesn't need to name them, just say Lunardi has this team as an 8 seed, let's compare resumes.

Archie should have done his best Bill Tobin and said who in the hell is Joe Lunardi anyways and what does he really know.

30 minutes ago, H00sier said:

Couldn’t agree more, it’s so easy to follow and cheer for a team that’s doing well, it’s a much harder thing to hang in there and keep cheering and watching when times are rough. Keep the faith guys and gals, the team is starting to play defense again, once we have one or two young men that can hit a shot we are gonna start winning. And once we start winning, we will get better and better players, for everyone who says we are a has been, Indiana is one of the premier college basketball programs in this great nation, our days in the spotlight will come again - I for one will enjoy it greatly having watched the struggle. 

I will be here until I take my last breath on this earth and that is if we win or lose.

20 minutes ago, H00sier said:

I think generally speaking most people understand the process, it’s always the negative voices that get heard; and not only with IU BB - everything in life is like this now. We’ve turned into a world of instant gratification, and if people don’t get their way, they gripe and complain.

Great post

Archived