Wisconsin post game thread

This one hurts.  Wisconsin just always seems to make that one extra play for years now.  I think 50/50 on NCAA now only because a bunch of bubble teams have been making a push.  And probably need either 0 or 2 to get in.  I don't think a first round BTT win will matter much.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

tenor.gif

Just stop please for once and try to look at things without bias.  We know you don't like Archie but this team has improved a lot in the last few weeks and if you can't see then you just don't want to.  I hate this loss but it is not the end of the world because this team will still get into the tournament.

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

And I didn’t think my hatred towards Wisconsin could be any stronger than it already is......but dang, at the same time, we miss way too many close shots. Also, much as I hate to say it, Wisconsin really does play with a refuse to lose mentality when it matters. We don’t quite have that yet. 

Great point ...we have lacked that attitude for years ...I miss it 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Just stop please for once and try to look at things without bias.  We know you don't like Archie but this team has improved a lot in the last few weeks and if you can't see then you just don't want to.  I hate this loss but it is not the end of the world because this team will still get into the tournament.

While you say the team has improved, why does the long scoring droughts continue to happen?

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

There's no maybe. We're in right now. A loss to Nebraska would certainly hurt, but as long as we avoid that, we're unquestionably in. We might well be in even if we lose that.

This. So much emotional overreacting happens anytime something bad occurs with this team. The resume speaks for itself regardless of what Joe freaking Lunardi thinks. When the committee sits down and reviews team sheets, this team will be in the 30's range of overall team rank and will like end up in a 8/9 game.

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ We only had 7 turnovers ( and less than them ) and we out rebound them on our home floor and still lose ...this time the poor shooting just couldn’t be made up for and I don’t think we will beat anyone with only 9 assists we are simply not hitting our open shots and having players be too ball dominant 

“Hitting our open shots” Race, TJD, and Smith are just 3 players that really stand out who need to work on their soft touch around and under the basket. All year we have witnessed 50 mph bricks by them around the rim.

2 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

We do not deserve to go dancing!!!

I actually agree. I think this team has improved this year, but I just don't see how a team that doesn't show up against their in-state rival twice and chokes Wiscy and Maryland at home deserves it.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I definitely agree that we are looking better, in many ways, but the bottom line is that we have lost 3 of our last 4 and a severe scoring drought is still a sure thing every game. 
I hate Wiscy but kudo’s to them as many thought they would go down the tubes with Gard and here they are winning the BT in a real tough year.

3 minutes ago, Bustinchops said:

Gotta give it to you. You are persistent in your insufferable ways. Disappointed we lost of course but I think you get off to it. 

This times a billion. Awful that it seems some people race here to say they were right about us gettin beat. Watching us choke up that game was bad enough, no need to rub it in per say 

Archived