Wisconsin post game thread

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

I hope the loud vocal minority blaming the coaching staff jump ship and don’t look back. 

There is a class of absolute winners coming in next year to compliment a now seasoned TJD. Veterans in Smith, Phinisee, Durham and Thompson. Guys with a huge upside in Hunter and Franklin. 

This is how you build a high level program. The head coach is full of fire, fury and passion. Add to that players that fit his mold and it’s back to winning big. Winning big makes it much easier to recruit big. It’s a trickle effect and it’s already started.

Book it

I'll feel so much better remembering this when Wisconsin and Purdue are still kicking our butts next season. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that stuck out to me was when Wisconsin went on a run with about 5 left in the game, potter was very vocal in a timeout or two, presumably telling his teammates they will not lose this game. IU has no player, when the chips are down, that says, “ get on my back, we’re not losing”. It’s been a problem all year and we’ll finish the year with it

38 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I would reject the NIT invite.. shits embarrassing.. I don’t even want to be in that. You’re either in the dance or season is over. I’m sorry if that’s a stretch to some people but I’m sick and tired of mediocrity.. if we’re not in the tournament, then onto next year in my opinion. 

I just don't understand why some of you even keep watching if it makes you that miserable maybe it is time to do something else with your time.

16 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Will Mack and Burke play against IU? Looking like they are done for the season. 

I knew Mack was suspended for the last game but had not heard about him and Burke being gone for the year.  If that is the case will they even have enough players to play

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I knew Mack was suspended for the last game but had not heard about him and Burke being gone for the year.  If that is the case will they even have enough players to play

Here’s the article on it. 

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/nebraska-guards-dachon-burke-and-cam-mack-suspended-indefinitely/article_d6eb50d2-0d36-5302-93cf-9a20b9f7b47d.html

7 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

The thing that stuck out to me was when Wisconsin went on a run with about 5 left in the game, potter was very vocal in a timeout or two, presumably telling his teammates they will not lose this game. IU has no player, when the chips are down, that says, “ get on my back, we’re not losing”. It’s been a problem all year and we’ll finish the year with it

Yep.  Lack of on the court leadership has been a problem for IU for several years.

To DMBHoosier I am sorry for calling you out right after the game  I just don't like it when people have that negative vibe all the time which I need to learn to cope with around here.  To the  other vocal minorities who do you think we could get that would be  a huge upgrade over Archie.  If you fire a coach after 3 years you will not be getting top candidates knocking your door down for the job.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Some people need to act like our OOC schedule was so easy because it is ranked around 70th

I’m not disputing you but am wondering where you saw that.

Kenpom breaks out OOC and has ours ranked at 194th.  Would just like to see others.
Looked at Sagarin but could not find where he might break out the OOC sos.

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

The way I read the article it doesn’t appear they will be playing again this season and may not be back next season. 

Just heard on the BTN that PSU Mike Watkins has been suspended.  Just don't understand how some of these kids can just blow chance after chance they get to pla college basketball.

1 minute ago, IU878176 said:

I’m not disputing you but am wondering where you saw that.

Kenpom breaks out OOC and has ours ranked at 194th.  Would just like to see others.
Looked at Sagarin but could not find where he might break out the OOC sos.

Heard it on Assembly Call

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To DMBHoosier I am sorry for calling you out right after the game  I just don't like it when people have that negative vibe all the time which I need to learn to cope with around here.  To the  other vocal minorities who do you think we could get that would be  a huge upgrade over Archie.  If you fire a coach after 3 years you will not be getting top candidates knocking your door down for the job.

You don't need to apologize.   You did nothing wrong.   We both know where we stand.   I'll just say that I'm miserable when we lose.   I thought 5 Budweiser's would make me feel better but no.  Losing sucks.

23 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

Yeah, Potter was fired up the last 10-12 mins of the game and letting his teammates know exactly what he thought. Haven’t seen that from an IU player in years. 

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

You don't need to apologize.   You did nothing wrong.   We both know where we stand.   I'll just say that I'm miserable when we lose.   I thought 5 Budweiser's would make me feel better but no.  Losing sucks.

No I was wrong to do that because you have every right to have our opinion and shouldn't get upset with other viewpoints.  I am not happy with any loss either but just trying to be better than I use to.

Just now, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yeah, Potter was fired up the last 10-12 mins of the game and letting his teammates know exactly what he thought. Haven’t seen that from an IU player in years. 

We need a few of those kind of guys to get to the next level.  No matter how much I dislike Davidson, he is a winner who will not let his team lose.

Honestly....I know we don’t like to hear this but even in our losses the past day 10 games this team has competed and really played well. If we had played this good early in the B1G season we probably would have won a couple more we gave away. I think we play our way in!

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We need a few of those kind of guys to get to the next level.  No matter how much I dislike Davidson, he is a winner who will not let his team lose.

Last year on the Hoosier hysterics podcast Tom Coverdale said we don't have anyone on the team with that "F you" mentality. He thought Rob could be the next, but I just haven't seen it. Maybe next year.

Archived