Way too early IU vs Nebrasketball BTT pre game thread

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I would play them if I were their coach.  Because my job may depend upon it. Seriously. 

this game has nothing to do with Hoiberg's job status since this is his first year at Neb.  To me if he plays these two players he is a huge hypocrite with what he was saying about building a good culture at Neb.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Bought my GA tickets through the BLF site and I have to pick them up at a FedEx print and ship a few blocks away. Seems really weird and stupid. Will call or w-tickets werent options on any site

Link? I can't find GA tickets anywhere, and BLF site takes me to Bigten.org or ticketmaster. A link/help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Who have lost 5 of 6 with a single win over Rutgers at home. They lost to Northwestern for gods sake. Something is up with them. My god could we please show up for these two games 

That's about as good a draw as anyone could hope for.

14 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Hope so. But if we really go 1-1, I wouldn't feel 100% safe. My guess is we somehow get the 10th seed, and the selection committee would deliberately put us in the region where UK is the 2 seed. 

I wouldn't mind a game against UK with no Ashton Hagans and no bench. Probably more to his "out for personal reasons". "Make sure you keep a little something in your shoebox"

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

this game has nothing to do with Hoiberg's job status since this is his first year at Neb.  To me if he plays these two players he is a huge hypocrite with what he was saying about building a good culture at Neb.

Well that was not the case for the Chicago Bulls.  Who hired Fred for five years. But fired him long before his contract ended, due to failed expectations.  Man has a track record.

However, I do agree with you in terms of playing those guys.   For me, Fred is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well that was not the case for the Chicago Bulls.  Who hired Fred for five years. But fired him long before his contract ended, due to failed expectations.  Man has a track record.

However, I do agree with you in terms of playing those guys.   For me, Fred is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I actually think he is in a perfect spot to not play them because there are no expectations for them in the BTT. No one expects NE to go far in this tournament even with them, so he can suspend them, look tough, and not really worry about getting bounced earlier than he might have anyway.  It would be tougher to do if they were fighting for an NCAA bid. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I actually think he is in a perfect spot to not play them because there are no expectations for them in the BTT. No one expects NE to go far in this tournament even with them, so he can suspend them, look tough, and not really worry about getting bounced earlier than he might have anyway.  It would be tougher to do if they were fighting for an NCAA bid. 

True.  And as much as I like Scott, I think he missed the point I was attempting to make.  Either way, Fred has little wiggle room here.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

True.  And as much as I like Scott, I think he missed the point I was attempting to make.  Either way, Fred has little wiggle room here.

I took it that you thought Hoiberg could be fired after this year and he needed to play the players to win games.  If that is what you meant then I stand b what I said and that is that n matter what happens this year does not jeopardize his job.

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I took it that you thought Hoiberg could be fired after this year and he needed to play the players to win games.  If that is what you meant then I stand b what I said and that is that n matter what happens this year does not jeopardize his job.

Love ya man.  Not that he would be fired.  Just has to set a pattern of success, is what I meant.  Lose this game would not contribute to his history.  Still a good coach. But not the way, I am sure his university expected from him and the way they wanted him to go out. 

Hey.... YOU and I are good.  Thanks for all you do for our board.

47 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Report to me. Devonte Green did not practice Monday..  Question as to whether he will suit up on Wednesday.  Don't know the reason why.  Sounding like it is not injury related.

Never been a fan of his. Nothing he does or doesn't do surprises me. 

47 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Report to me. Devonte Green did not practice Monday..  Question as to whether he will suit up on Wednesday.  Don't know the reason why.  Sounding like it is not injury related.

Saw on Twitter Archie said Green didn’t practice. Doesn’t know if Green will be able to play early in tournament and needs quality minutes out of Franklin. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

He was hobbling quite a bit during the second half of the Wiscy game. 

Archived