Way too early IU vs Nebrasketball BTT pre game thread

11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Report to me. Devonte Green did not practice Monday..  Question as to whether he will suit up on Wednesday.  Don't know the reason why.  Sounding like it is not injury related.

I thought I heard after the game he injured something in the first half of the UW game.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

May have an idea later this morning, as Fred is holding a press conference. 

With him preaching building culture I don’t know what kind of message you’re sending if you suspend someone twice and then let them play. 

5 minutes ago, IUskim said:

With him preaching building culture I don’t know what kind of message you’re sending if you suspend someone twice and then let them play. 

I've always thought Hoiberg a pretty straight arrow...

This decision either reenforces or refutes that...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've always thought Hoiberg a pretty straight arrow...

This decision either reenforces or refutes that...

Perhaps Burke already answered that for us. He released that statement at like 2 am. Maybe Mack already knows he’s not playing he just doesn’t want to announce it. 

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think we make it to an 8 unless we make the championship game.  Moving 2 whole seeds is tough when we currently live on the that 10/11 seed

I have seen some has us as a 8/9 right now but we have no idea what the committee will use as their main criteria.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think we make it to an 8 unless we make the championship game.  Moving 2 whole seeds is tough when we currently live on the that 10/11 seed

I agree with this but I don’t think we are on the 11 seed line in Dayton. I think we are the seed 11 seed line that is in. 

2 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Reminds me of when Coach Crean had to fill in with members of the IU baseball team, his first year at IU.  And later in the year, when Coach Crean actually played a manager (who's name escapes me at the moment) , when the baseball players had to leave to for the start to the baseball practice.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Reminds me of when Coach Crean had to fill in with members of the IU baseball team, his first year at IU.  And later in the year, when Coach Crean actually played a manager (who's name escapes me at the moment) , when the baseball players had to leave to for the start to the baseball practice.

Mike Santa.  Kid actually got in a game for Crean...looked like me running around out there with real basketball players. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Man we better win....honestly this game scares me. I can totally see us looking past a team that will be kinda rallying together.

It's simple for me...if IU can't beat a team that's adding football players the day before the game, they don't deserve to extend the season for any tournament.  I could see Nebraska making it closer than it should be by playing inspired us against the world basketball, but there is zero...and I mean zero excuse not to win that game.

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's simple for me...if IU can't beat a team that's adding football players the day before the game, they don't deserve to extend the season for any tournament.  I could see Nebraska making it closer than it should be by playing inspired us against the world basketball, but there is zero...and I mean zero excuse not to win that game.

For the most part it seems like Neb. can keep it close for a half then just wear down and probably will see some of this tomorrow.  That was with Mack and Burke so it will be harder for tem to stay in the game longer.

Archived