Way too early IU vs Nebrasketball BTT pre game thread

15 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think i have ever seen CAM play the walk-ons, whether we were up by 20 or down by 30.  I expect to see the starters the whole game

I wasn't thinking walkons.  I'd just like to see guys like  Damezi, Armaan and Hunter getting more minutes and resting guys.  I don't expect Nebraska to put up much of a fight(especially with their suspensions).  We shall see though.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Injuries might make a difference here.  TJD, Smith, and Green are all nicked up, might give them some rest if we’re up big.

possible but in 3 years of CAM i haven't seen him do this one time that i can remember.  I wouldn't expect it now.  Just like i expect Rob, Al, TJD, Smith, and Brunk to start the game.  He is a creature of habit and doesn't change very easily or quickly. 

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

I wasn't thinking walkons.  I'd just like to see guys like  Damezi, Armaan and Hunter getting more minutes and resting guys.  I don't expect Nebraska to put up much of a fight(especially with their suspensions).  We shall see though.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I won't expect Anderson to get many minutes, i think he is on the way out and they both know it.  I do expect hunter to play more just because he is getting better.  Armaan i could see getting 10 minutes if we get up big in the second half.

I could also see us in a dog fight because we decide to shoot in the teens again and let them hang around.  Although i expect TJD to have like 30 points against these guys

23 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

possible but in 3 years of CAM i haven't seen him do this one time that i can remember.  I wouldn't expect it now.  Just like i expect Rob, Al, TJD, Smith, and Brunk to start the game.  He is a creature of habit and doesn't change very easily or quickly. 

True but we've never been in a position in a tournament where we've been up big.   Sure CAM doesn't use a deep bench normally but tournaments like this make it an option if you are up comfortably.

Go Hoosiers!!!

You would have to think this would be a time Archie would do it. Potentially we could be playing 5 games in 5 days. There is virtually no way to do that with an 8 or 9 man rotation playing heavy minutes. You gotta hope we get up big so this can actually happen.

Any other game/tournament we win by 20+ but as much as I try to look forward with our bracket/path...I just can't. Get the win tonight, try to rest some guys if we can...no more injuries.

Feed the post and finish vs Nebraska. Maybe there is is something about playing in Indy or at BLF but expect a nice one from Armaan if Devonte doesn't go. Speaking of Devonte....just don't see the need to push things. 

Hey everyone, first post since last week. Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital Saturday morning with severe stomach pain and had to have my gallbladder taken out Monday afternoon. Got home last night an am on the mend. Too bad it wasn’t next week so I could use it as an excuse to watch the Tournament all day Thurs/Fri 😀.

I had to just follow Twitter Saturday from the hospital during the Wisconsin game. A disappointing finish for sure. But, I really think this program and Archie are really close. The 19-12 finish is disappointing but IU was so close to having 3-4 more quality wins. Archie adds even more talent next year and I think we’re headed in the right direction!

As for the BTT, I’m hoping IU can make a little run here in Indianapolis. The draw is pretty good and I could use the distraction of looking forward to IU games as I heal and manage the pain!

Big game tonight. I think a win puts a lock on a tournament bid. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Hey everyone, first post since last week. Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital Saturday morning with severe stomach pain and had to have my gallbladder taken out Monday afternoon. Got home last night an am on the mend. Too bad it wasn’t next week so I could use it as an excuse to watch the Tournament all day Thurs/Fri 😀.

I had to just follow Twitter Saturday from the hospital during the Wisconsin game. A disappointing finish for sure. But, I really think this program and Archie are really close. The 19-12 finish is disappointing but IU was so close to having 3-4 more quality wins. Archie adds even more talent next year and I think we’re headed in the right direction!

As for the BTT, I’m hoping IU can make a little run here in Indianapolis. The draw is pretty good and I could use the distraction of looking forward to IU games as I heal and manage the pain!

Glad you are home and doing better. 

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Welcome back, Brian.  Sorry to hear about your travail. WOW !  But happy to hear you are on the mend. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Hope you are doing better now

Thanks everyone! I'm hanging in there, managing the pain and resting. This had been bothering me for a while and I probably waited too long to have it checked and it caught up to me. The takeaway is if you feel something, don't wait, go get it checked it. 

Hopefully a nice BTT run by IU will make me heal all that much quicker! 

4 minutes ago, DWB said:

BTT just announced that after tonite (Wed) NO MORE FANS FOR THE BALANCE OF THE TOURNAMENT !

Go figure

Well. Watching the Nortwestern/Minnesota game..... not many fans in the stands anyway.  Also, as I posted in another thread.  The B1G will be restricted fans from attending other sporting events.

2 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Gotta feel weird playing in front of a sparse crowd or no crowd after tonight.

Watching the first game. It appears to me that there are a lot of red jerseys in the stands.  Was not that way at the start of the Northwestern/Minnesota game.  Not sure how represented IU will be in their home state tonight, considering the circumstances.

But you are right. It's a shame.  IU playing in Indiana. In a tournament they have never done well in. In front of no fans. Should they win their first game.

I ALWAYS feel sad when a senior or any player plays their last game!! I am loving the direction of IU  MBB but as I watched Coach Collins hug his KIDS  I always get Choked up! Keep your program CLEAN and I WILL ALWAYS LIKE YOUR PROGRAM!!  IF YOU CHEAT no like for your program!!! Short rant but I like the  way Coach Collins runs N.W.!!

Archived