Great article about Archie Miller!

I'm pretty sure this is just the guy self-promoting his articles based on his post history, but two things stand out to me in the article.

1. Dakich went 3-4 as head coach when Sampson was 22-4 with that team. Those Dakich losses were why we dropped to an 8 seed in the tournament that year. Also, in what way did "they represent the name on the front of the shirt" in any of Dakich's games getting upset in the BTT or losing to a worse seed in the NCAAT?

2. Comparing us to Dayton is also very odd. The common arguments against Archie is that "anybody could win at Dayton." Anthony Grant missed the tournament his first two years there (just like Archie) and Grant only made the tournament in 1 of 6 years at Alabama. Going by the "anybody can win there" logic while the current coach winning there couldn't in the SEC at Alabama...how is that impressive? Plus, he says that Dayton is a final four contender in Grant's third year (we'll see how far they actually go) while Archie actually got Dayton to the Elite Eight his third year there. 

There are some other odd takes in there but those two really don't make any sense

Goodpaster is clearly a Dakich minion. Most likely trolls this board. His buddy Sheridan probably also.

There is so much pure ignorance involved in the negativity spewed towards the coaching staff. They are so into themselves that the message by CAM of Lunardi Et al being leaches of the IU brand flew above their head. Of course they will also spin it to fit their narrative as a negative towards IU as always.

It’s quite comical but at the same time sad that the much older folk like Dakich play kiddy keyboard warrior games on Twitter. Guys like him would flip the script on their family for a dollar.

Dakich trying to be young and up with the times again always says...Don’t @ me... He has truly reached the pinnacle of his career.
#Pathetic #Coward #Sellout.

5 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

I'm pretty sure this is just the guy self-promoting his articles based on his post history, but two things stand out to me in the article.

1. Dakich went 3-4 as head coach when Sampson was 22-4 with that team. Those Dakich losses were why we dropped to an 8 seed in the tournament that year. Also, in what way did "they represent the name on the front of the shirt" in any of Dakich's games getting upset in the BTT or losing to a worse seed in the NCAAT?

2. Comparing us to Dayton is also very odd. The common arguments against Archie is that "anybody could win at Dayton." Anthony Grant missed the tournament his first two years there (just like Archie) and Grant only made the tournament in 1 of 6 years at Alabama. Going by the "anybody can win there" logic while the current coach winning there couldn't in the SEC at Alabama...how is that impressive? Plus, he says that Dayton is a final four contender in Grant's third year (we'll see how far they actually go) while Archie actually got Dayton to the Elite Eight his third year there. 

There are some other odd takes in there but those two really don't make any sense

I back everything you said 100 percent. It's also interesting how history is rewritten and how Dan forgets.  Dan pushes the fact that he kicked off players who were problems.  Those same problem players were getting ample minutes during his 3-4 record and did not sit the pine.  Dan also began press conference giving credit to the other team and not blasting players or holding them accountable.  Dan also continued to recruit Ebanks, Holliday, etc.  Then when the season ended and he was asked to bridge the gap he kicked off a few of the players.  Some left on their own.

And then, Dan spent the same Archie bashing energy on Crean during the majority of Creans tenure.  Dakitch didnt even allow his son to walk on the team at IU and said something along the lines he would need a scholarship offer to think about it.  When fans turned on Crean and Crean gave Dakitch and family seats behind the Michigan bench, Dakitch began to support him.  

Anyhow, I do fault Archie for playing players who in their own words do not want to learn (green) and who do not buy in.  I do not fault him for his roster because of items mentioned before.  Archie is a coach who will fo great things. I BELIEVE IT, once he has a roster fully invested in Indiana.  Next year by all accounts, he will.  It is a different team with the kids being brought in and hopefully healthy Rob.

Also, I do not buy Dakitch's agenda about Romeo.  That is getting old.  If this team had Romeo it would be fighting for a 1-2 seed.  It is missing the slashing guard who can create around the rim and score.

3 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

I'm not even going to give goodpaster a click. This poster is either him or someone from his site. While we're on the topic, his podcasts stuck too. I gave him a chance earlier this season and half the episode was spent talking about Steve Bartman.

If I didn't already know it was Collin Hartman, I'd suspect it was Dakich himself. Disappointing that Collin would think a hit piece on the current coach was a great article. I'm not clicking on it either...the title told me all I needed to know.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If I didn't already know it was Collin Hartman, I'd suspect it was Dakich himself. Disappointing that Collin would think a hit piece on the current coach was a great article. I'm not clicking on it either...the title told me all I needed to know.

Not sure how Hartman plays into this specific article, or am I missing something?  Hartman in the past has been a supporter of Miller.

6 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

Anthony Grant missed the tournament his first two years there (just like Archie) and Grant only made the tournament in 1 of 6 years at Alabama. Going by the "anybody can win there" logic while the current coach winning there couldn't in the SEC at Alabama...how is that impressive? Plus, he says that Dayton is a final four contender in Grant's third year (we'll see how far they actually go) while Archie actually got Dayton to the Elite Eight his third year there. 

Kudos to Grant and Dayton for a historic season, but it is a once in a generation phenomenon. They are being led by Obi Toppin, a projected high lottery pick, who normally wouldn't have been at a school like Dayton. It's not exactly David Robinson enrolling at Navy at 6'5 and growing to 7', but it's in the category. He's a physical presence with point guard skills that is destroying the A10.

Unlike many of his contemporaries, Toppin was not a nationally-ranked prep star. He played one year of varsity basketball (2016-17) at Ossining High School in upstate New York. He also sprung from 6-2 as a junior to 6-5 his senior year.

Toppin developed point-guard skills before the growth spurt. He’s now 6-9, 225 pounds.

“Playing point guard in high school helps me a lot now,” said, Toppin, who turns 22 in March. “I’m comfortable bringing the ball up court. I’m comfortable with the ball in my hands and I see lots of things on the court. I can find people for open shots.”

Toppin, however, did not receive any offers to play Division I college basketball, so he wound up at Mt. Zion Prep in Baltimore. The Division I offers came after one season there. He signed with Dayton in 2017, but had to sit out a year because he was academically ineligible. While adjusting to school, Toppin was allowed to practice. He used his time wisely.

Toppin’s game is compared to the likes of Anthony Davis because of his post skills. His shooting range also reminds people of Al Horford. Today’s NBA has become a shooter’s paradise, but Toppin has old-school tendencies. He plays inside-out.

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2020/02/daytons-obi-toppin-emerges-as-a-likely-nba-draft-lottery-pick-after-being-passed-over-in-high-school.html

I’m disappointed that I got lured into clicking that.  You have to treat it like getting a spam email with an attachment containing a worm.  You know not to open it.  Very poorly written and reasoned article.  I don’t mind the conclusions anybody reaches, even if different from mine, but what I do mind is having to read poorly constructed thoughts.  

Archived