Archie's Post game "Rant"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the comment! This is what I wanted in a coach someone fiery who isn’t afraid to tell it how it is... every since Knight returned Archie has been doing some knight ish things especially in conferences... I love it! Maybe he saw how the Indiana fan base loves knight and thought maybe I need to bring out my fiery side. Anyways I continue to think Archie is the guy. I think things are really going to start getting fun starting next year! 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

"This is for Arch and any fan boy, media guy who acts like this is a good thing. Lunardi is not only an all time great dude, he LOVES this sport. Why act like such a condescending dick? What is the win Arch? Grow up. Win games, state your case.

— Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) "

Doug Gottlieb calling someone a "Condescending D!(k" is like Piccasso calling someone a good painter.  :coffee:

I’m just sick of losing.  Indiana is a loser program right now, which is why this rubbed me the wrong way.  We all knew Wisconsin was going to come in and take a share of the conference title on our home floor.  We had plenty of opportunities to play our way off the bubble during the last four games of the season, and didn’t take advantage of any of them.  But Archie is “proud” of the team for at least trying.  So lame.

Just win, and you can talk all the s*** you want.  Until then, he should just shut up.

8 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I’m just sick of losing.  Indiana is a loser program right now, which is why this rubbed me the wrong way.  We all knew Wisconsin was going to come in and take a share of the conference title on our home floor.  We had plenty of opportunities to play our way off the bubble during the last four games of the season, and didn’t take advantage of any of them.  But Archie is “proud” of the team for at least trying.  So lame.

Just win, and you can talk all the s*** you want.  Until then, he should just shut up.

Ya I say we fire him.. how can someone coach at IU and it take them until year 3 to get in NCAA tournament.. I was expecting final four by now. That seems realistic. 

6 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Some people really try to talk a big game but they truly just don’t get it haha

Says the guy who thinks winning enough games to get off the bubble and making the Final Four are the same thing.  You’re a real genius 🙄

it all comes down to winning.  Izzo, Boeheim, and company can get away with a lot more because they have a track record.  i'm not convinced either way on Archie at this point, but i don't like the timing of this.  isn't a good look.  huge deal?  nah, not at all, but not a good look.  i'm still not convinced we're in without at least a 1st round win in BTT.  i sure hope we get it and get in.  if we do, great step into what should be a better year next year.  if we don't, i still expect a better season next season, but the pressure cranks up on CAM.

Archie's rant could have been so much more effective if he would have just stuck with facts, and not gone down the Sesame Street route.  He could have still spoken with an edge to his voice, showed irritation, etc. but made the point with a direct comparison of IU's resume as compared to specific other teams that Lunardi seems to love, but in reality, are equal to or even weaker than IU's.  And, he also could have referenced where other projected brackets had IU.  

23 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Ya I say we fire him.. how can someone coach at IU and it take them until year 3 to get in NCAA tournament.. I was expecting final four by now. That seems realistic. 

He wasn’t saying fire him. He was saying win something before you talk. He never said anything about firing him. 

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You're better than that.  

It’s true, man.  Did you really think this game against Wisconsin was going to play out any other way?  Soft non-conference schedule, losing conference record, swept by a really bad Purdue team, losing three of four to close out the season squarely on the bubble.  Can’t win on the road or even really protect home court, but the coach and the fans are just happy when the team cares enough to not get run out of the gym.  Put on another pathetic offensive performance to lose at home on senior day with everything on the line, and the coach is throwing playground insults at an irrelevant ESPN bracketologist after the game.  We’re a loser program right now.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Except for Lunardi and some of our reactionary fans, who actually thinks we are on the bubble?

Posts calling IU a loser program is driving me away  from posting more on a forum, that I helped to create, and which I love more than anyone can come to understand. In case anyone has noticed this is my first post for days.  IU IS NOT A LOSER PROGRAM !  We are still a winning program.  19 wins in fact. And many, many prognosticators have us dancing.

There are many, many other programs out there.... for instance UNC at the moment.... who would give their eye teeth to be where IU stands at the moment.

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

"This is for Arch and any fan boy, media guy who acts like this is a good thing. Lunardi is not only an all time great dude, he LOVES this sport. Why act like such a condescending dick? What is the win Arch? Grow up. Win games, state your case.

— Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) "

You can be a “great dude” and incompetent at your job. They aren’t mutually exclusive. On the other hand credit card theft does make you a horrible person. Not sure what moral authority Gottlieb feels he’s earned.

WOW.  Thanks for the links.  Clearly a bubble team.  And as of today, still dancing, per all of the links.

As I have been saying for weeks now.  Need to get to 20 wins as a first step.  Clearly, the loss to Wisconsin hurt. But we are not down and out... yet. Nor are we a loser program.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It’s true, man.  Did you really think this game against Wisconsin was going to play out any other way?  Soft non-conference schedule, losing conference record, swept by a really bad Purdue team, losing three of four to close out the season squarely on the bubble.  Can’t win on the road or even really protect home court, but the coach and the fans are just happy when the team cares enough to not get run out of the gym.  Put on another pathetic offensive performance to lose at home on senior day with everything on the line, and the coach is throwing playground insults at an irrelevant ESPN bracketologist after the game.  We’re a loser program right now.

There is a way to get your point across without using the term 'loser program'.  All that does is feed trolls that bring this board down.  As an IU fan that participates on this board, you should not want that.

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There is a way to get your point across without using the term 'loser program'.  All that does is feed trolls that bring this board down.  As an IU fan that participates on this board, you should not want that.

Fair enough.  You know I’m not a troll, but I don’t think it’s wrong to call a spade a spade.  I was hoping they’d prove me wrong yesterday, but it was more of the same BS we’ve seen all season.  And like I said, the childish blow-up in the post-game presser after the team totally choked down the stretch of the season is just loser stuff to me.  He hasn’t earned it.

Archived